Advertisement

Author Topic: Adventures with Chloe...  (Read 69676 times)

SouthernBelle

Adventures with Chloe...
« on: July 26, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »
6/16/08

6/30/08

7/11/08

7/15/08

7/16/08

7/19/08

7/20/08

Today - 7/26/08, My sweet Chloe & I...

My life's been forever changed...  :smitten:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

SouthernBelle

Re: Adventures with Chloe...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »
Awwh she's sooooooooo scared of the car and she gets REALLY bad motion sickness!  Ugh, I really hope it's a puppy phase and not a forever thing.  I feel sooooo bad for her!  She puked from riding the car home with me to parents house this weekend like half way there (30 minutes) and she drooled the rest of the way.  I've tried front seat, back seat, air, no air, crate, no crate...  Awwh I can totally feel her pain.  Her whole body shakes and it all just comes up!  :'( :'( :'(  I think she's lost weight because of the puking.  Her appetite is down.  Gosh, seriously it's like a REAL baby!  Last night I let her sleep inside so I could watch her.  She got a LOT of attention from all the babies so she was exhausted and from the motion sickenss so she just KO-ed.  This morning and afternoon she did want to run and play again so I'm glad.  I definitely perfer her happy and hearty! :)  Wednesday she gets her 14 wks shots - whatever they are.  Seriously, she get a TON of shots - just as many as human babies!  I am glad I got a puppy plan with Banfeild.  It's the puppy wellness program and they optimize her in everyway possible so she can live longer with me.  It also covers her being spayed at 5 months and any visits at regular hours so in total I've spent $350 for her and covers everything for a full year.  :D :D :D 

Look how big she's getting...

SouthernBelle

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:25:28 AM »
Chloe's at the vet this morning - had to be up at 6 am to drop her off by 7 am...  *yawns*   She is now 21.9 lbs.  I took her to the vet 3 weeks ago and she was 19.9 lbs.  Two pounds so she's not a fatty!  :P  She's also getting a few shots today so I'll probably keep her inside tonight just so I can observe her.  I asked the nurse when she will get spayed and she told me, Chloe can be spayed anywhere from 4-6 months so the next time she goes in from now (in another 3 weeks), she'll be spayed...  Wow!   :o

Last night, caught "Serendipity..."  It's been awhile since I've seen that movie...  Do you believe in destiny? :P

Moonlight Kiss
I can feel my heart
and it's fit to burst
try to clean it up
but i just get worse

wish i could fall
on a night like this
into your lovin' arms
for a moonlight kiss

i thought i saw your face
in the evenin' sky
on a lonesome cloud
that was driftin' by

wish i could fall
on a night like this
into your lovin' arms
for a moonlight kiss

(instrumental break)

you got someone else
maybe it's for the best
since i took the cure
for happiness

and i'd trade it all
on a night like this
for your lovin' arms
and a moonlight kiss

for your lovin' arms
and a moonlight kiss

lovin' arms and a moonlight kiss

SouthernBelle

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »
She's KO-ed after I picked her up from the vet...  She loves my old big doggie I got from a fraternity for V-day many moons ago in college... 

I sneezed and she moved... ;D

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:15:38 PM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
Holy crap!  :o :o  I went to the office today and so I put Chloe outside in her pen and apparently a mini tornado came through (strong winds, heavy rain) and flipped her house over and she got scared so she escaped and stayed by the front door.  I have no idea how long she had been out but apparently long enough to dig a big hole in the back yard and then she was so scared of the rain and everything that she hid underneath my front door chair and stayed there until I drove into my drive way.  She saw me coming so she came out and wagged her cute lil' tail and waiting for me at the edge of the porch.  I was like WTF is she doing out and how did she get out because I knew my brother wasn't home and I was praying she was ok.  Other than being completely soaked and smelling like a wet dog, she was safe.  Oh my baby, I'm glad she's ok.  That was a close call....   I am sooooo glad she is such a good girl that she knows where home is and she knows to stay by the front porch and did not go out to the street or any other home in the neighborhood.  She was waiting for me to open the door for her to come inside - such a good girl huh? :)

Foxy_chic_v2

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Holy crap!  :o :o  I went to the office today and so I put Chloe outside in her pen and apparently a mini tornado came through (strong winds, heavy rain) and flipped her house over and she got scared so she escaped and stayed by the front door.  I have no idea how long she had been out but apparently long enough to dig a big hole in the back yard and then she was so scared of the rain and everything that she hid underneath my front door chair and stayed there until I drove into my drive way.  She saw me coming so she came out and wagged her cute lil' tail and waiting for me at the edge of the porch.  I was like WTF is she doing out and how did she get out because I knew my brother wasn't home and I was praying she was ok.  Other than being completely soaked and smelling like a wet dog, she was safe.  Oh my baby, I'm glad she's ok.  That was a close call....   I am sooooo glad she is such a good girl that she knows where home is and she knows to stay by the front porch and did not go out to the street or any other home in the neighborhood.  She was waiting for me to open the door for her to come inside - such a good girl huh? :)

awh...that's so cute...i'm glad she's ok...

almostfamous

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 10:35:34 AM »

awww she's such a sweetie pie!  Gotta love the wet dog smell  ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »
awh...that's so cute...i'm glad she's ok...
girl i am too! :D :D

awww she's such a sweetie pie!  Gotta love the wet dog smell  ;D
tell me about it!  LOL ;D ;D

I came home today and she's chewing again! Ugh!  I put this carpet down in her dog house and this is the second time she's chewed it up! Ugh!  Bad girl!  I bought that spray stuff and she doesn't care - she just chews away so darnit, it doesn't work on her anymore!  Also, found out she likes fruits but I try not to give her much.  In my backyard, there is this big o' apple tree and the apples aer falling out so she goes and grabs one with her mouth and runs off with it.  She'll chew into and stuff and it's paritally my fault because I introduced her to the apple flavor!  Hahaha...

More pictures of my naughty baby...

Chewing on a big piece of bark - Ugh! :D

She got wet from something...

Being good and just watching cars go by...

She loves the cool kitchen floor...  Look how big she's gotten!!  Isn't she beautiful? :smitten:

Yay, Happy Friday all!  :)

cu_jo380

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »

HOLY SMOKES!!!....how come I didnt hear about this??.....Hmm...... . ???.....

SouthernBelle

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »
HOLY SMOKES!!!....how come I didnt hear about this??.....Hmm...... . ???.....

There's a lot you don't tell me. :P

Gosh she’s been totally naughty lately – she can totally jump out of her pen now in the backyard if I’m not real careful to fasten her in.  Daddy and I will put up a taller fence to fence her this weekend so this will be safer for her.

My poor Chloe gets so sick in cars and I know her pretty well now and can predict when she is feeling super sick.  On our 15 minute drive back from PetSmart home, she got really quiet and was no longer salivating.  I knew any minute she would be puking so thank god after I let my parents use my car this weekend and my mom left behind this HUGE Styrofoam cup.  I put that in her face/mouth and sure enough, she went at it.  It didn’t smell or anything but definitely looked GROSS!  :D :D

I MUST remember to NOT feed her for 4 hrs f I even “think” I will take her on ANY trips.  The vet told me last week that it was “normal” and that I would just have to deal with it by letting her get use to it or if I was taking long trips, to give her a 50 mg human motion sickness pill – whatever they are called – Dramamine is it?  :D :D

Ugh and this morning, she ran into the street – her curiosity is peaking and she is no longer listening if she is distracted!!  I get so mad at her and I’m sure ALL the neighbors on the street can her me fussing at her…

I am thinking about taking her down to see Rocky next week before I head out to LA, so I hope I can.  I am sure she misses her brother so much.  I would bring Rocky back if they weren’t so expensive!  I wonder if dogs know their siblings after being separated for so long…

PhemDabTuag

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »
Cute dog.

But.

I'd rather have.

A baby boy of my own.

SouthernBelle

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »
Cute dog.

But.

I'd rather have.

A baby boy of my own.

Awwh that makes two of us but until I find someone who is ready or can actually be a real father to any children I may mother as well as many other reasons so for now, I'm content.  Having kids aren't fun and games - it really takes work from both parties!  On top of that, it requires even MORE attention than a puppy! :D :D

Anyhow, I do love my puppy dearly because she helps to fill many voids in my life right now she is always excited to see me and give me unconditional love whether I want it or not.  She doesn't tell me that I'm not good enough, she's not high maintenance, she makes me laugh, and it's always one adventure after another! :)  She is my first and will probably my only; My life is richer and I have a new appreciation as crazy as it may sound...  :smitten:

SouthernBelle

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »
I miss my little sister.  Mom picked her up today..  I guess it's just back to Chloe and I. 

A funny pictures she took of Chloe and I yesterday... so many kisses!

I brought her inside because it is hot out today but she was being naughty so I put her in her least favorite room of the house...

maych

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 03:17:18 PM »
Don’t make me jealous with those Chloe pictures.  Everytime I see her pictures it makes me sad because I want to have a puppy really bad! Perhaps next year.  She is so cute.  Is she a golden retriever? J.w. 

SouthernBelle

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »
Don’t make me jealous with those Chloe pictures.  Everytime I see her pictures it makes me sad because I want to have a puppy really bad! Perhaps next year.  She is so cute.  Is she a golden retriever? J.w. 

AWwh thanks and sorry - just love sharing her with the people who wanna see her grow.  I'm sure I'll stop taking and sharing here in a few months when I'm totally swamped traveling and such.

She is a mutt - boxer, yellow lab, and some hound i believe...

Advertisements