Advertisement

Author Topic: Adventures with Chloe...  (Read 69675 times)

SouthernBelle

Re: Adventures with Chloe...
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »
OMG 10 little ones have arrived!!   What a HUGE litter!  Mom and babies are doing fine or so he says.  I wish I could run down there and see them right now but unfortunately he's in NYC and they are in GA and I'm here. :D :D  It reallym akes me NOT want to go to CA now just so I can go see them But I'll ahve to wait 3 weeks before I can go see them... 

Just FYI they are Black Boxer Lab babies and should look like their parents:

If you are in NC/SC/GA, let me know if you want one - they will be ready for new homes on Sept. 20th! :D :D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

SouthernBelle

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 09:45:42 AM »
What do we learn from our pets?  I find it very true that if I haven't already, or if I already do, I am reminded that the following is so true:

1) Not to Hold a Grudge
2) Take It Easy
3) Life Is Short
4) Laughter Is the Best Medicine
5) Loyalty
6) Learn New Things

Often times, our pets can teach us the kind of compassion that we don’t always extend to our fellow human beings. Our furry friends let things go, forgive and forget, and enjoy the simple pleasures that life has to offer.  They love innocently and completely without expectation.

:smitten:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:55:11 AM by SouthernBelle »

almostfamous

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »
What do we learn from our pets?  I find it very true that if I haven't already, or if I already do, I am reminded that the following is so true:

1) Not to Hold a Grudge
2) Take It Easy
3) Life Is Short
4) Laughter Is the Best Medicine
5) Loyalty
6) Learn New Things

Often times, our pets can teach us the kind of compassion that we don’t always extend to our fellow human beings. Our furry friends let things go, forgive and forget, and enjoy the simple pleasures that life has to offer.  They love innocently and completely without expectation.

:smitten:

they expect food  ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
they expect food  ;D
that is NOTHING compared to what they give us - unconditional LOVE! :smitten:

fruity

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 02:10:31 PM »
awww.. what a cutie she is.. you two deserve each other  :-*

SouthernBelle

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »
awww.. what a cutie she is.. you two deserve each other  :-*

thankie! :-*

I miss my sweet girl.  It's been 9 days since I've seen her last.  I cannot wait to get home to her - I REALLY miss her!  I think she had a hard time as well - separation anxiety they say...  :'(   Alas, we will be together in about two hours!  *crosses fingers*  Currently stuck in New Orleans eating a BBQ sandwich and waiting for the plane to come in so I can go home...

SouthernBelle

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »
I hate him but I love him too!  :D :D  Ugh!  Only two puppies left - how freakin' devastating!! :'(  :'(  RIP Puppy 1-8.  :'(

I love my girl - so happy to be home with her.  If it weren't for her, I would always be :( or :'(.  She makes me :) and this is one of the many reasons why...

:-* :-* :-* :-*

SouthernBelle

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 09:12:06 AM »
My internet is out at the house so darn it I actually have to be in the office today unwillingly and it’s raining out!  I feel like I can sleep for hours but in reality, I’m wide awake!  Ugh, what’s wrong with me?  

I had to be up early anyway.  Today is Chloe’s big day!  She is being spayed so I just dropped her off at 7 am this morning.  I’m so worried about her even though I know it’s gonna be ok since it’s very rare that anything goes wrong with spaying procedures.  They are doing her blood work and checking her vital signs before they do this so I am hoping for success.  I also hope when I get her back, she will be just groggy and sleepy and nothing else is wrong with her.

Southern CA was beautiful and the conference was amazing.  I met a ton of people and made a lot of great connections so I’m ecstatic.  On top of that, I traveled from Malibu all the way down to San Diego so I could not have asked for a better time…

Pictures?  A few to share…
Santa Monica

Laguna Beach & San Diego

Venice Beach

This weekend I’ll be busy with Chloe, helping dad out with his non-profit organization, then maybe sleeping in on Monday.  I was going to take Chloe to go play with her brother in Atlanta but after getting spayed, I will wait.  Besides, he’s being a butt so I don’t wanna see HIM this week although I could go visit my new friends from ATL that I met this past weekend…  Hmmm…

Actually, there is this guy I would love to meet and help out but he’s in hiding and I am not sure how to reach him but he’s in my thoughts.  After conversing for some time now, he still wants to remain behind the screen so it’s all good.  His inbox is full and I can’t reach him and he doesn’t call so what does that mean?  

Next week, headed back to Chicago, so looking forward to it! :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:21:10 PM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »
Chloe is so brave and did wonderfully!  I am sure she will feel the pain tomorrow since they gave her a shot so it will lessen the pain for her tonight.  She's exactly like me.  She didn't do well with the anesthesia in her surgery and she's been throwing up like crazy so thank god she doesn't have an appetite. I  just make sure I give her water and it comes right back up - foamy and sticky!  She's done it twice on the carpet so I've got her blocked off in the kitchen now.  I took off her e-collar too since she isn't licking her wound and just sleeping.  The vet told me I should have her e-collar on for the next 10 days but as long as she's not licking, it's all good.  I have to start giving her meds in the morning...

My interent is still down but I've managed to find a wireless network in my house so stealing internet usage for tonight!  Woo hoo!  Shhh ok? :P

A few pictures from tonight...

Us chillaxin' last night

When she first got home

She didn't want to come to me :'(

She's super mellow tonight - look how she curls up and looks so sad!  :-\

And she lays nicely as I pull her out of her comfy state to check on her

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:34:28 AM by SouthernBelle »

almostfamous

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »
Awwww she looks so sad  :-[

SouthernBelle

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 11:39:29 PM »
Awwww she looks so sad  :-[

I swear she has the saddest eyes EVER and even more so today because she is really confused at her feelings of being constantly nauseated and just being lethargic.  My sister's dog always look hella happy! :D :D  I mean check out this picture! ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:47:08 PM by SouthernBelle »

almostfamous

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »
I swear she has the saddest eyes EVER and even more so today because she is really confused at her feelings of being constantly nauseated and just being lethargic.  My sister's dog always look hella happy! :D :D  I mean check out this picture! ;D ;D

Thats cuz that dog has no eyes  ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »
Thats cuz that dog has no eyes  ;D

LOL, perhaps that's why but dangs that dog sure does look supper happy ALL the time! :D :D

Chloe did well today - definitely more normal than yesterday but she did throw up at least once last night after I went to bed at 3 am - 7 am on her big doggie friend and it was yellow.  This morning she also let a lil' bit of yellow foam out which I think is bad and most likely because she couldn't eat last night so had no food in her tummy.  My poor girl.    Today I just fed her small meals throughout the day and taking her for short walks and no jumping although she sure does try.  She is defintely more calm with the e-collar on because she can't see anything!  Haha!  ;D ;D   I've been taking the collar off her because she doesn't lick her wound, instead she just licks her private area! :D :D

I had difficulty giving her meds but I'm going to try it with peanut butter on it in the morning. She was hungry in the evening so I just added it to her dry foods and she ate it without knowing.  You can tell she's starting to teeth REALLY bad!  She loves chewing on corners and even tried the carpet on the ground in the living room so I told her no and stuck a raw hide there for her.  She was happy and forgot about the carpet so the secret is to just keep her mouth occupied at all times!  >:D

I'm so silly and this is how worried I get.  I get so worried that I forget things (xiam hlwb).  I took Chloe out for a quick bathroom break and accidently locked myself out of my own house!!  Ugh!  Was locked out for like 2 hrs before I figured out how to break in since my brother was in class, at work, or with his gf.  I have no clue because he is hardly ever home when I'm home anymore.  Ugh, I swear if something major ever happened to me, it would just be Chloe and I.  How sad right? :D  Guess this is why mom fusses at me all the time...  :-\

One of my Canadians sent met his picture - I don't even remember taking it but I thought I was pretty sexy! :D :D

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:21:37 PM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »
He is so darn stupid sometimes I swear!  Ugh, I swear everytime I talk to him it's like a knife that just stabs at the heart! :'(  I must've cried for about an hour tonight.  I'm so exhausted but gosh I'm so sad for the newborn puppies.  After just TWO weeks the idiot already gave them away to homes - the only two that survived!  Gosh they aren't even ready for this world yet and already they're separated and on their own after only two weeks!  I am sooooo mad yet so sad!  I hope the new homes are good for them.  Ugh, I think I'm losing it - so emotional when my immune system is down!   :-\

Chloe was REALLY good today and I'm thankful since I've been laggin' ALL day! :D :D  Long weekend ahead but I'll make it through.  I have to be up by 4 am tomorrow so headed to bed and I never sleep upset so wanted to share my smile for the night...

She likes the softness of these cashmere pink gloves so I put them on her and how funny are they?  LOL ;D ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »

Advertisements