Advertisement

Author Topic: Adventures with Chloe...  (Read 69677 times)

DivineTreasure

Re: Adventures with Chloe...
« Reply #285 on: December 07, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »
Very nice, Southern Belle.  :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

SouthernBelle

« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2009, 08:34:42 AM »
Very nice, Southern Belle.  :)

Thanks - I'm still working on some sewing projects.  Hopefully it'll get better!  :D :D

====///====

Zoo siab koj hnub yug hnub no os phooj ywg...  Thov xyoo no koj nrog cov hlub koj es tsis nyob ib leeg li koj za nkauj no...
http://www.ehmongmusic.com/displayimage-14348.html

====///====

Chloe... about to get into some trouble! :P

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:38:40 AM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #287 on: December 13, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
Tau hlub ib zaug, yuav nco tas tiam...  :'(

====///====

This weekend I sewed an apron...

Finally got my Xmas tree up too...

FINALLY in the X-mas spirit! :icon_santa:

SouthernBelle

« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2009, 03:14:53 PM »
I have all this time off and I think it's driving me nuts! :D :D  I would LOVE to go browse the malls but I cannot stand the crowds for the holiday season.  I've finished my shopping like 2 wks ago just for that purpose so now I've gotta figure out how to keep myself busy since I'm not working and the weather is terrible (wet & cold her in NC!)!  I think I'm going into depression mode - watching movies like "The Holiday." ;D ;D

With all this time lately, I've been looking at other job advancements not that I've finished my Masters in Applied Proj. Mgmt.  I've also been thinking maybe I should just spend the next 5-6 working on my PHD in BA since I've got time and nothing to hold me down right now.  As the year comes to an end, I am reflecting and wondering to myself, what are my goals for 2010?  What can I do better?  What should I stop doing?

On another note, isn't she just precious? :smitten:  How the year has flown by - turning 1 next Monday already! :D :D

Here's a beautiful rendition of The First Noel by Carrie Underwood.  She is just simply beautiful!

SouthernBelle

« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:47 PM »
Wow, I haven't PH actively for a while, at least posting wise...  I drop in and out but that's about it.  It's just been sooooooooo crazy for me...  Plus I've been dedicating extra time to getting fit and running.  Ran my first 5K over the weekend so I'm pretty proud of myself.  I mean I ran it in 32:44 but still that's pretty good in my eyes considering I've never been a runner and it's my first ever! :D :D

Chloe update:
She got into some chocolate last night and I know it's toxic for dogs so I totally panicked!  Luckily she's like 60 lbs and it would have to be take about 3 3/4 lb to really kill her (after much googling!!).  I am just so thankful she did not ingest too much and did not vomit or have diarrhea all night....  *whew*  Chocolate is going to be put up higher?!?    She is one naughty one though!  Ugh! :D :D

OMG I totally almost got another dog...  Got an e-mail from my brother's gf that these 11 puppies were found on the side of the road in the cold - some Golden Retriever mix.  People are so cruel.  At least take them to the Wal-Mart and give them away for free instead of just dropping them off!  That's so messed up! Ugh!  Look how cute:

Quote of the day:  "We should give meaning to life, not wait for life to give us meaning..."

almostfamous

« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »
Chicago marathon, you in?

Hil

« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
OMG I've got dibs on the spunky one licking the patio door!   ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2010, 09:12:40 PM »
OMG I've got dibs on the spunky one licking the patio door!   ;D

hehe he is adorable! ;)

SouthernBelle

« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2010, 09:25:30 PM »
Gosh poor Chloe is going through a lot right now.  She had doggie pink eye about 2 wks ago. Got some meds for it and it cleared up in like 72 hrs.  Now for two weeks, she's had soft stool so I dropped her off at the vet.  They said she probably has Enteritis/Colitis.  Well I've been giving her medication for 3 days now and it's not improved.  Her stool is still very soft and even watery like diarrhea...  Ugh.  It's disgusting but I'm glad she's able to let me know when she needs to do her business or my house would be disgusting!!  :D :D :D

Chloe's lost about 10 lbs since her last visit so this is not good. I really hope by end of week, she'll be normal again.  Look how miserable she looks...   :-[

SouthernBelle

« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
He's such a nerd but oh so sweet...  :smitten:

SouthernBelle

« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
It's been an exhausting 2 weeks for me and I can't believe it is almost 3 am and I'm still not in bed yet...  Argh... :D :D

Chloe update - she's almost 2!  Can you believe it?  Where does the time go?  Chloe's stool is still not solid and she's on a second medication that cost me like $85.  I am a bit ticked off b/c they can't seem to diagnose her.  I've got her on a bland diet and have tried 2 medications now so I guess next thing that they will have to do is do a biopsy to see if it's something more serious like pancreatic deficiency, lack of folic acid or something like that, or something else!  My poor sweet girl...   :'(  I pray she'll get better soon b/c she acts normal, just her stool is still soft - yuck! :D

I've got another 5K coming up so I need to get back to running but the last two weeks have been just chaotic w/ helping w/ family stuff on the weekends and unexpected projects at work.  I'm hoping to get some great news this week but we'll see.  I'll be praying for Chloe & for myself this week...  However, since I posted this is in the Health & Fitness section, I'll post my "healthier lifestyle change" here.  I've gone from 155 to about 130-ish since November-ish with my healthier eating and working out.  I've never been one to workout so I've really surprised myself...   My schedule's cleared up so I'm going to try to focus on adding intensity and added weights for the next few weeks to see if I can lose an additional 10 lbs...  We'll see how that goes  :-\

A fob song for the late nighters...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:17:46 AM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Days like today, I just want to slam my head against the wall.  I'm so exhausted....  :idiot2:

I haven't made an appointment to take Chloe to get a biopsy done to confirm her IBD but I'm pretty sure that's what it is so I'm just going to have to try different foods for the next few months to see if there's anything that will stabilize her.  I just really hate it for her.  It doesn't seem to cause her any pain but she sure is not my fatty that I like her to be.  She's so skinny now. :(  She's still my sunshine and there is no one that makes me happier at the end of the day than her.  No matter what, Chloe is the one thing that can always put a :) on my face.  I can't imagine my life without her and it's scary because as a pet owner, you know what their life span is and we all know that where there is a beginning, there is also an end...  Argh...  :-[

Well I got her a new toy for her 2nd birthday so happy birthday to my sweet Chloe...

Does Chloe look like a dead deer here?  Yesterday I found her passed out at the end of my bed like this and captured the picture and posted it on Facebook and people thought it was a dead deer.  Too funny...  :2funny:

My FOB song for the day:

*edited to add my quote of the day*
"If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change..."

Change is the inevitable so just breath, let go, and remind yourself that this very moment is the only you know you have for sure... Happy Tuesday!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:03:53 AM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #297 on: June 13, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »
Wow a whole month and Chloe is not getting any better! :(  I am taking her to the vet sometime this coming week.  I can't stand that she is so skinny now and that she is so hungry all the time.  I provide food for her and in the last food has decided to prefer her wet food over her dry food and so if I don't give her wet food, she'll go eat her poo!  Yuck!  :-[  My poor girl!  I think the other thing is that it's been sooooooooooo freakin' HOT & humid lately and that's probably a big reason why she doesn't want to munch and eat on her dry food.  Ugh, she's costing me more than I ever thought!  :idiot2:  I wouldn't change it for the world though, I loooooooove her!  She is great for my soul!  :-*

Look at that happy face!

This was her like last week when it was thundering out. She hid under the desk...  ;D

Also, lately, I've noticed she's scared of me leaving her (which I have been doing b/c of my trips) so as you can see from this picture, even though she is so so so tired, she's making sure I'm not going to leave her alone...  :'(   Gosh I love her so much!!

I'm reallin' diggin' this song right now...  Enjoy! ;)

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone...”

SouthernBelle

« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2010, 09:30:08 AM »
Love - passion or commitment?
Hollywood makes "love" seem like it's just a surge of passion and when that passion dies, it's just over.   However, all my life I've always thought that when you say you LOVE someone, that it is a commitment to something or someone no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way, you will be there and you'll work through it together.  And by making that commitment,  and making that choice, again and again, day in and day out, year after year, says more about love than never having a choice to make at all.  Why do people have lavish weddings and last less than 5 years?  Is it just because there was just that surge of passion but no commitment anyway?  People say they just "fall out of love" so isn't that just the passion?  What happened to the vows and the commitment?  Is passion more important that commitments?  I know some people try so obviously this doesn't apply to everyone.  Understood.

And people wonder why I've held out for so long...  Love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together, is it not?  ???

Thank god I've got my sweet Chloe :smitten:

Advertisements