Advertisement

Author Topic: What college/university/technical school did you attend?  (Read 49869 times)

faithfulgirl82

What college/university/technical school did you attend?
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »
For undergrads and grads-- What college/university/technical school did you attend or are currently attending? What did you major in or what are you majoring in?

Honest answers, only... be proud of your higher education... whether it'd be beauty school or Yale?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Renaissance

Re: What college/university/technical school did you attend?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:34:40 PM »
Honest answers, only... be proud of your higher education... whether it'd be beauty school or Yale?

You know the drill...he who is not without sin cast the first stone.  You asked so you go first.

You putting beauty school down?  ;)

faithfulgirl82

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »
You know the drill...he who is not without sin cast the first stone.  You asked so you go first.

You putting beauty school down?  ;)

California State University, Sacramento, Graduated '06, Liberal Studies major, currently in credential program

No way am I putting down beauty school-- I give major props to those ladies and gents! They know their stuff.  :)

Your turn!

faithfulgirl82

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:53:29 PM »
Wayne State University.  B.S. Electrical Engineering, with a minor in Computer Engineering.  Thinking about going back for a M.S. in Theology.

M.S. in Theology? Best wishes! :)

nina_vaj

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 02:02:02 AM »
For undergrads and grads-- What college/university/technical school did you attend or are currently attending? What did you major in or what are you majoring in?

Attending Minneapolis Community Technical College located in NOrth minneapolis downtown. Majoring in Medical Office Assistant

Mark D

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »
University of Michigan - Home of the BIG HOUSE!

T*BO

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »
attended:

-Macomb Community College
-Michigan State University (Go Green, Go White, GO STATE!)
-Lansing Community College

faithfulgirl82

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »
100 + views.. and only 9 responses? Where's all of our college goers?! Represent! lol.

snowpea

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
UCSB c/o 2008. =]

Shoo, I wish I had time & money to go to beauty school. Seems fun..hehe

Mark D

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:55 AM »

blah blah blah...yellow and blue is quite an OOGLY color  ;D

Too bad for them, cause U of M is MAIZE and BLUE. 

BTW, what the heck is a Sooner?  It's all about the WOLVERINES!  :D

SmileBaby

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »
Geesh I can never go to school for so long. I think Im stopping after I get my AS. I'm just not into school THAT much. I just want to work, work and work.

faithfulgirl82

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »
Geesh I can never go to school for so long. I think Im stopping after I get my AS. I'm just not into school THAT much. I just want to work, work and work.

It's okay... college is not for everyone. For me, if I was paid good $$$ to attend college for the rest of my life... I'd love it! Hey... dream job!!!

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
Preferrably one that I can do online.  Otherwise there is a good Christian University here, Gannon University, Erie PA.  Any suggestions?

Is your husband the pastor of a CMA church there in PA?  I think one of my niece lived around Ephrata or something.   When you went to Wayne University in Michigan do you know a Chang girl that got her BS in Nursing there?  She's a friend of mine that we met way back online before I got married and even after I got married we still kept in touch for over 10 year and she moved out to CA 2 year ago so last year during Sacramento New Year I finally ran into her for the first time but didn't get to talk or hang out.  I see you post in HmongVillage so you must know W. Yang and his wife?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 04:34:44 PM »
I believe that more grad schools offer online classes now but it depends on what you really want out of school.  Some people hate online classes some people love them.  It depends on what kind of learner you are.  In the end when it comes to higher education like grad school where the subject matter is more concentrated you will want to attend a school that has a great reputation for academics.  I don't see the use of paying that much money for an education where you taught yourself the subject matter.  Then again different people have different reasons why they get their degrees.  Some people do it for the money, some for the knowledge and so on and so forth.  It's just my opinion that you should go to a school with great faculty and staff.  Then again my opinion means nothing!

It's great to get your degree in theology though.  If you can do it by all means go for it.  You can never go wrong learning about God!  As far as an online degree from one of the major seminaries (ie: Talbot, Moody, Gordon Conwell, Trinity, Fuller, Dallas, etc.) I don't think they offer a purely online degree.  All the best with it!

From my own experience taking online courses....... it just take up too much time to focus and concentrate that I'm better off in a classroom. 

faithfulgirl82

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »
From my own experience taking online courses....... it just take up too much time to focus and concentrate that I'm better off in a classroom. 

Online classes are popular nowadays.. especially with the rise in gas prices. I would not mind taking online classes. I've taken a few in the past and enjoyed it very much.

Advertisements