Advertisement

Author Topic: What college/university/technical school did you attend?  (Read 49846 times)

yajmafia

Re: What college/university/technical school did you attend?
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2012, 08:59:25 AM »

Crown College... did it used to be called St. Paul Bible College?  If so, then my older sister and my brother-in-law went there back in old days.

Yes Sir.   O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »
Bachelor of Commerce with a double major in Accounting and Finance from Griffith Uni

Master of Business Information Systems with a double major in Project Management and Business Intelligence at Monash Uni

yeah I'm smart and disciplined!  Bet none of you mofos knew that!!!  100% vauv material right here yo! lol  :D
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

chidorix0x

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2013, 05:59:10 PM »
Wow, not to be "harsh", but some of you are "idiots" ...   :2funny:

No wonder we got so many "dummies" on PH ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:  And I am not joking either.

Some of the schools listed are a JOKE, esp. the non-accredited ones. Do/did you people even do a "half-arse" research into colleges, majors, career choice/paths before even applying and attending? Don't answer. Your attendance there more than answers the question.

I admit, I could/should have done better in college, but at least I knew better NOT to WASTE my time with these crappy schools and/or crappier majors like sociology, education, theology, project management, HR, and whatever crap you all paid well over $thousands$ of dollars for. Some of these careers are not better than minimum wage jobs ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:

JazzBootz,

If I were you, I wouldn't be bragging about all those CRAP majors  ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:  Those who don't know better might think you are 100% "vauv" material. But some of us "non-vauv" material can probably run circles around you without lauding all those CRAP degrees  ...   :2funny:

Commerce, Accounting and Finance is a layman's major.  BIS is a wanna-be systems engineer or engineer layman's major who wants to sugarcoat it with Project Management. Regardless, it all SPELLS layman who lacked the IQ for the top majors such as EE, CSCI, and MED  ...   O0  (I would NEVER BRAG if I was an Accounting, Business, or BIS major ...   :idiot2:)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:06:07 PM by chidorix0x »

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
Wow, not to be "harsh", but some of you are "idiots" ...   :2funny:

No wonder we got so many "dummies" on PH ...   :2funny:  ...   :idiot2:  And I am not joking either.

What a troll.  You are always ridiculing others to make up for your own insecurities.  So long as people like what they do, its all that matters.

I've ran across people with these so called layman majors and unless you are making well into $250k+ a year like they are, I wouldn't be impressed with you, your school, or your major as well.  Have it ever occured to that tiny brain of yours that some people chose to opt out of EE, MED, CS, because it doesn't interest them?

Oh and FYI, I met this project manager a couple of weeks ago, her company pays her a six digit salary, pays for her apt in San Francisco, all her meals, all her funiture, she gets a per diem, plus she gets one flight per month to anywhere she wants to go all on the company.  All of this because she specialized in project management.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »
Big 3 online here son.  Excelsior.   O0

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »
I know his wife back in southern CA when they lived in Orange and LA county.  I don't remember how they met but I just remember seeing XF. W. at Hlub camp and somehow they got married after she graduated high school and then she moved to  GA because I think he wasn't done with school but after they both were done they went to KS and then another state to be a Pastor for a non-Hmong church and now they are back in KS probably making it home.  She was just in CA in July to host her sister baby shower but I didn't see her but my sisters and my mom was there.

That Chang girl.... I don't really recalled her Hmong name but it either PaFoua or PaChoua because I only go by her nickname.  She's pretty short with big b........ She actually lived in Warren........ . But you know when you're married you have less contact and you don't really keep in touch just hi and bye....... I didn't know that an old friend of mine from Santa Ana CMA church grew up with her back when her family first lived in Warren, MI and then moved to Orange County.  She came to visited her one summer in CA a few year ago and saw my picture in her album. 

I know XF Wayne and his wife. I've been to their home, I was the treasury for the youth class down in KS when I was down there.  There's two Hmong church in KS..the Baptist one and the Yang one.

Offline Gracified23

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »
I'm related to Nyaj Xuv Xyooj in case ya didn't know. Wb yog kwv tij kwv npaug.  O0

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
Thats awesome to see so many folks going to higher education, for those who are just starting... in my personal opinion, wait a bit, or you should at least know what you want to do before you go in, when I was going to college, honestly I didn't know what I was going to be and just followed and took whatever courses the few guys at my college was going, at the time being an Engineer was the big thing and so thats all the courses I took...and they were hard too, now I look back and I think to myself, those two years of my life, even though it was for education, was wasted away...I'm not even in that field anymore, I don't remember hardly half the stuff I learned then. 

If you decide to go straight into college make sure you know what you want out of your education or you'll spend alot of time wasted and money wasted if you're flipping alot of the bill from your own pocket.  At the very least I say take courses so you can at least be a teacher when you get out.  AT the very least!  That way you'll have some sort of job.  I remember going to my sister's graduation and alot of folks I saw graduate with a major in General STudies.... I mean for realz? Hopefully they can get some sorta teaching job.

Basically, I'm saying don't go to college if you're just going to be wasting your time, college is not needed untill you know you need it and you know what you want to be. 

Also, I see alot of awesome major's in here as well as major's I'm thinking "how are you going to make money with that?!?!"  Please don't be offended, back in the day my sister when she went to college said she was going to become a marine biologist and I told her, how is she going to make money with that!?!?!?  Good thing reality hit her and she became a RN, now she's banking.   So I wanted to ask all of the one's with a degree in whatever, how are you folks fairing in your financial life?  Did the degrees help you out any?

I do see alot of folks with multiple degrees from multiple colleges and was wondering if all those colleges helped out as well, did they?

Now for me, I'm going to say I don't have any kinda degree which is obvious and not making that much money honestly still living check to check.  Could it be due to lack of education?  Could be...

So please commet!

Quite interesting really...

My siblings..... Those with advanced degrees.... I would still said my sister who is a RN is much better off and more opportunities and it pay off even though the wait into the program was almost 2 yr.  it's a more rewarding field. 

My husband undergraduate degree didn't help at all so after 2 year decide to pursued graduate school and it paid off only because he got in the door right away when most employer don't even wan to hired someone fresh out of graduate school with hardly any experience.  His boss at that time was dub so she was willing to train him and everything while those Meskas boss in other unit and top admin.didnt want him but because the hiring position was her dept. she get to voice it.  Being top seniority in his position he has everything good and secured and very flexible.  It make life easier for us especially because I never work in our entire 15+ year of marriage.

minorcharacter

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
U of M, CompSci.
Thinking about going back to St. Thomas for my Masters of Science.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »
School is not for everyone.  My cousins are graduating in IT and the other is in computer science. One of my Asian friend tried out for computer science because he felt he was very good at math, but totally blew physics and now he's over at the IT depart.

thePoster, I really feel what you're saying.  I was an aspiring nurse at one time, but due to loss of motivation dropped out of the program, then became a Lab Tech, but now back over at Social Work.  Forgot to mentioned, I almost went into Dietitian, but we're not the only ones.  Everyone in college is always switching programs that will suit them.  Good luck to those who are still going to college.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:55:44 PM by Wi_sweetguy »

Advertisements