Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283691 times)

Offline yajster358

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #855 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
Great catches everyone! Keep'em coming.  O0

yajster358 - How does shark taste like? And how do you cook them?  ???
idk didnt go try it when my cousins cook it..too tired from the trip....lol

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 19, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »
Just adding...July 18, 2011:  Early morning...I top-watered this black plastic mouse over some lilly pads...the bass wrestled it down!!! Great action!! Fun to watch!! It then wrapped the line around a lilly pad stem, so I moved the boat to it instead of trying to shake it off.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 19, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »

7/11/11   My s/o caught a 10lbs and 32 inches freshwater striper @ Los Vaqueros Reservoir Livermore, CA

Got a free mug  8)

Wow!!

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline yajster358

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 24, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
AR wkend fishing 7/23 - 24/11
Had a decent fishing this wkend on the AR...3 stripers(2 keepers, 1 schoolie), 2 hatchery rainbows, 2 wild rainbows, n a squawfish. only kept the 2 stripers n release the other fishes

20" striper

26" striper

wild rainbow

kyang81

« Reply #859 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:16 PM »
wow...now, that's what you call a fish with Bart Simpson's mind for Butterfingers. .. :2funny:

i love the backgrounds of reservoirs in cali... :) :) :)

awesome how fishes even survive there too...i haven't read much into them, but it seems the fishes are pretty much stocked there to keep the natural laws of equilibrium in place???... :-\ :-\ :-\

California's too broke to stock big game fish.  Me and my friends ran into a fish and game officer not too long ago and we asked him if they still stocked striped bass and his answer was no.  He stated that way back in the days to use to when california wasn't so broke, now the fish just travel through the delta systems which flows from and through the rivers that go into the ocean for striped bass.  It's a good thing that they thrive pretty well in freash water reservoirs.  Right now the limit for a striped bass is 2 per person with a size limit of 18 inches and over, but there has been in a battle in court in which they have agreed to amend the take and size limit of striped bass so expect to see a decline in the next five or so years.

But I have seen many hmong famlies take coolers and coolers of striped bass in all shapes and sizes so the new law will only encourage more of this to happen.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:52:59 PM by kyang81 »

realism

« Reply #860 on: July 25, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »
California's too broke to stock big game fish.  Me and my friends ran into a fish and game officer not too long ago and we asked him if they still stocked striped bass and his answer was no.  He stated that way back in the days to use to when california wasn't so broke, now the fish just travel through the delta systems which flows from and through the rivers that go into the ocean for striped bass.  It's a good thing that they thrive pretty well in freash water reservoirs.  Right now the limit for a striped bass is 2 per person with a size limit of 18 inches and over, but there has been in a battle in court in which they have agreed to amend the take and size limit of striped bass so expect to see a decline in the next five or so years.

But I have seen many hmong famlies take coolers and coolers of striped bass in all shapes and sizes so the new law will only encourage more of this to happen.

Heard about that too I hope it doesn't change if it does, the Striper population would die out fast in cali..as its already worse with the poaching by some people as you've said

addisonlee

« Reply #861 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »
If you're afraid the striper population is going to die out in cali... take matters into your own hands. Start up a sportsmen club like we did here in Wisconsin and stock game fish. Afterall in the end our great gand-children will be the one's deprived from these resources, not us.

I'm sure the fish and game dept would be willing to help with this as well. Let me know if I can help.  O0

fish4keep

« Reply #862 on: July 26, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »
If you're afraid the striper population is going to die out in cali... take matters into your own hands. Start up a sportsmen club like we did here in Wisconsin and stock game fish. Afterall in the end our great gand-children will be the one's deprived from these resources, not us.

I'm sure the fish and game dept would be willing to help with this as well. Let me know if I can help.  O0

It's a BIG political battle...... Farmer VS Fishermen VS Tree Huggers.

addisonlee

« Reply #863 on: July 27, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
Thought I'd help my fellow pier anglers out by making this video. Let me know if you have questions. Enjoy.  O0

teetee

« Reply #864 on: July 27, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »

4 of us hit 14 back to back to back. We hit a nice school.  All 2.5 lbs plus.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:09:14 PM by teetee »

addisonlee

« Reply #865 on: July 27, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »
Great catches teetee!  O0

teetee

« Reply #866 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »
thanks, bass fishing has been pretty good for me this year. 

fish4keep

« Reply #867 on: July 27, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
My first Hudd 68 fish.  Not the biggest but nice to get it on a new bait......

addisonlee

« Reply #868 on: July 27, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »
Been itching to try a big swim bait like yours, but forking out $20+ for one swimbait is  :idiot2:

Might have to do it if I want that lunker tho  :D  ;D

Amazing catch! Keep them coming! +1  O0

fish4keep

« Reply #869 on: July 27, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
Been itching to try a big swim bait like yours, but forking out $20+ for one swimbait is  :idiot2:

Might have to do it if I want that lunker tho  :D  ;D

Amazing catch! Keep them coming! +1  O0

Yeah, swimbaits can get pretty pricey.  Although I like throwing them, I don't go all out like others spending $100 - $200 for one bait.  $50 and under is my price range.  Unless if I really really want something then I probably up it to $75.  Swimbaiting can be frustrating too when you see a few follower and they don't commit.  That's why when I go swimbaiting, I leave everything else at home. 

Advertisements