Advertisement

Author Topic: Been to the south bible belt states several times so this AR-15 rifle as part of  (Read 25 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
...a raffle prize doesn't surprise me one bit...It's just a very redneck thing to do  ;D:

Tri-Cities Church in Johnson City gives away AR-15 as part of raffle

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The River of Tri-Cities Church in Johnson City gave away an AR-15 this past weekend as part of a raffle.

The church said the AR-15 giveaway was in celebration of Independence Day.

News Channel 11 spoke with Todd Holmes, senior pastor at The River of Tri-Cities Church.

“This is just one of the many giveaways that we do here at our church,” Holmes said. “And I thought it was appropriate, since it’s, about our nation’s independence and part of our Constitution and our Second Amendment rights.”

Holmes said he understands if people affected by gun violence feel that the giveaway is inconsiderate.

“There’s a lot more opportunity to be killed in vehicular violence or crash, I guess I should say, than there would be a gun,” Holmes said. “And people can get upset about something, but in the end it’s really not about a gun, it’s about a person’s heart and because a gun in itself is not evil. It’s as good or as evil as the person that’s using it.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +387
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements