PebHmong Discussion Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 06:12:19 AM

Title: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 06:12:19 AM
What are some silly things you were afraid of as a child?

Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: starchaser1989 on January 31, 2019, 08:19:54 AM
Black people, bc we lived in the hood.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: Mr_Mechanic on January 31, 2019, 11:25:27 AM
I don't know.....maybe horror movies ex. cat's eye, chucky, and meka people kidnapping me.  silly me.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: azn-guy on January 31, 2019, 11:42:27 AM
i used to be scare of hearing police and firetruck sirens when i was little because i would think there was a big fire nearby our house or someone committed a crime and was hiding in our neighborhood

my neighborhood use to shoot firecracker in the middle of the night and it would scare the crap out of me because i thought people were going around shooting guns
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: mind-teaser on January 31, 2019, 12:34:02 PM
How little are you talking about??? 3-5 yrs old? 5-10 yrs old?
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: Peachy Fish on January 31, 2019, 02:23:36 PM


This. When, young, I forgot about this and was singing and pointing towards the moon and stars. I kid you not, shortly after I did get cut behind my left ear. Now, I mind myself.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: Mr_Mechanic on January 31, 2019, 02:26:47 PM
you must be a very special kid that a meka would want to kidnap you.. LOL
well, of course.  j/k.......ntshai ntshai meka os
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 03:37:21 PM
Smurf because they were blue.
Chucky because he likes to hide under bed.
Lao people... ;D

Why Lao people? Lol
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 03:37:59 PM
I don't know.....maybe horror movies ex. cat's eye, chucky, and meka people kidnapping me.  silly me.

I was afraid of cats lol
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 03:39:00 PM
i used to be scare of hearing police and firetruck sirens when i was little because i would think there was a big fire nearby our house or someone committed a crime and was hiding in our neighborhood

my neighborhood use to shoot firecracker in the middle of the night and it would scare the crap out of me because i thought people were going around shooting guns

 Very understandable about thinking that people were shooting guns.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 03:39:37 PM
How little are you talking about??? 3-5 yrs old? 5-10 yrs old?

You can reply to both.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on January 31, 2019, 03:40:40 PM
I was afraid to point at the moon. Hmong belief is that if we point at the moon, it will lacerate our ears when we're sleeping that night.

I am still afraid of that. I've never dared to point at the moon.

Old people be telling lots of lies lol
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: theking on January 31, 2019, 05:25:30 PM
How little are you talking about??? 3-5 yrs old? 5-10 yrs old?

I was going to say...depends due that variable... ;D

If we are talking "3-5" then probably the dark..
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on February 01, 2019, 12:49:03 PM
Lol
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: YAX on February 01, 2019, 01:06:18 PM
pointing at the moon. Not letting a turtle bite me. Not drinking a lady's milk.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: VillainousHero on February 02, 2019, 02:05:58 AM
What are some silly things you were afraid of as a child?

Wasn't silly, but the one thing I was most afraid was...actually killing someone.

Growing up and having to fight almost everyday against people with sticks, stones, bats, knives,...,wonder how the heck did no one actually died.
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: ProudLao on February 02, 2019, 10:03:22 AM
Must be growing up in Cali?
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: luvlylisa on February 02, 2019, 01:08:50 PM
What are some silly things you were afraid of as a child?
Chickens, frogs, big busy streets.

Now I am only afraid of the first one still. Frogs and HWYs and the city streets are OK.  O0
Title: Re: Question of the day 1/31/19
Post by: tRouBLe on February 04, 2019, 07:45:05 AM
What are some silly things you were afraid of as a child?

Needles.....an d I still am.   :icon_pale: