Advertisement

Author Topic: Microsoft is a dying consumer brand  (Read 4814 times)

fishon

Re: Microsoft is a dying consumer brand
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 01:36:09 AM »
microsoft dont need to catch up to anyone... their operating software is making enough money to beat all other software out there... you dont want them to monopolise every industry...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

joe

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 03:14:12 AM »
I feel sad for microsoft.  They help build the PC revolution and now they are lagging behind.  They are just playing catch up with companies like Apple and Google. 

http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/27/technology/microsoft_pdc/index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=Sbin

:2funny:

jetter

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 08:43:14 AM »
Every new PC you buy come with Windows 7.  I can't even tell the PC maker I don't want windows 7 on my laptop.  I'm forced to buy Windows 7. 

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/linux_3x?c=us&l=en&cs=19

jetter

six

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
microsoft dont need to catch up to anyone... their operating software is making enough money to beat all other software out there... you dont want them to monopolise every industry...

I agree.  Microsoft does not want to monopolized every industry.  They had their Bing search engine ready-to-go in 2004, but didn't launch it due to fear of antitrust suit from google.  They could have let apple died out in the mid-90s, but decided to help steve jobs keep apple afloat.  I've seen glimpses of some pretty powerful software by microsoft in 2004....but dunno why they haven't implemented any anywhere??

In my bias opinion, microsoft is the innovator.  Google just buys innovations.  And Apple just repackages old technologies.

Suav

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 11:37:47 PM »
microsoft aint not joke. internally it keeps on growing everyday...

MilesDaddy

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
Every new PC you buy come with Windows 7.  I can't even tell the PC maker I don't want windows 7 on my laptop.  I'm forced to buy Window buy s 7. 
Guess you better buy a mac then... You getting it for free

fishon

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
as long as there's pc in this world.. microsoft will never go under...

the_almighty

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »
I feel sad for microsoft.  They help build the PC revolution and now they are lagging behind.  They are just playing catch up with companies like Apple and Google. 
It's apples and oranges.  Unless you're talking about mobile phones.  MS is best known for their flagship NOS, OS, and Office productivity suite.  They're making strides to compete with Google on Google's turf.  BING is #3 search engine (LOL, albeit only 10% of SE market).  Where is Apple's search engine??  This is a rhetorical question.  Hence it's like apples and oranges.  MS is like a sleeping elephant.  When the elephant chooses to wake up, things like Kinect are created. 

Apple is a fad and like all fads, it'll fade away.  Right now, they've found a niche market, but Apple has always had a tough time defending their market.  Droid will continue to chip away at Apple in the mobile space.  Don't count MS out of the Mobile OS market yet.  Lets just say, it pays to stick with hardware giants (bye bye ARM).

N`Chync

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 12:50:05 AM »
Apple will stay king of the mobile platform. With the iPhone always selling and the iPods always selling Apple has shown that they're more than just a fad. If that was true the iPod would have stopped selling years ago. Microsoft will always dominate at the bigger platforms and that's been proven with Windows being more used vs the rest. And Microsoft is only playing catch up in the mobile department since they lagged so long on Windows Mobile and now they have tough competition from Apple and Google.

Just my 2 cents about Apple not having a search engine. Why would they need to when google pays Apple to put google as the default search engine.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:56:58 AM by N`Chync »

fishon

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 11:38:05 PM »

Just my 2 cents about Apple not having a search engine. Why would they need to when google pays Apple to put google as the default search engine.

do you really not know?? google doesn't have an os.. where else they gonna put their search engine on beside apple when microsoft already got bing..

N`Chync

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »
Did u not know if Google didn't pay Apple, Apple was gonna use Bing as their default search engine on iOS. And Google has their Android OS.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:23:43 AM by N`Chync »

the_almighty

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 08:23:56 PM »
Did u not know if Google didn't pay Apple, Apple was gonna use Bing as their default search engine on iOS. And Google has their Android OS.

ROFL, why be on the receiving end where you have no control.  Apple is a control freak.  Why don't they just come up with their own SE?  The premise was that MS is a dying consumer brand.  I just pointed to the fact that MS competes in many domains.  MS is a true competitor, if you throw down the gauntlet, they'll rise to the occasion.  Not like apple.  Apple was first to market in 80's.  Apple lost out to IBM clones.  Apple was pretty much first to market with Iphone.  Apple will lose out to Android phones and soon to be Win 7 mobile os phones (believe me with new IA architecture in the pipeline Win 7 OS will blow away ARM). 

But back to topic MS competes in many categories, e.g. xbox, kinect, sync, bing, etc . . . etc.  they don't have all their eggs in a few baskets.  Right now, for some reason, the media loves Apple.  Apple can do know wrong, even if they built a nuclear missle.

Advertisements