Advertisement

Author Topic: For you vacationers  (Read 904 times)

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
For you vacationers
« on: January 25, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
So I booked a vacation home in Florida last night and paid half of the total but the website(VRBO)/ or whoever sent me an email wanting a picture ID with a selfie, and a picture of my credit card for additional confirmation. I just think that it was strange for them to ask me for these things(especially my credit card) over the internet. I have done many trips and booking before but have never done a transaction like this. Have you ever encounter this, is this normal? ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: For you vacationers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
yup. That is definitely suspicious.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 02:05:33 PM »
Selfie????  That's so 2000 and late.  But serious, we book a few times through VRBO.  And all of the times, it's just CC.  Not only that but before the booking takes place, we get in contact with person/persons who are in charge of renting the property.  MOST IMPORTANT THING for us is we read the reviews.  we won't rent one, even if it's very nice and cheap(red flag).  But reviews is where it's at.  Can't stress enough communicate with property owners and reviews is a must.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »
yup. That is definitely suspicious.

Very suspicious. I'm waiting to see if a representative of the property would call me back today or whenever it gets closer to our check in date.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 02:16:31 PM »
Selfie????  That's so 2000 and late.  But serious, we book a few times through VRBO.  And all of the times, it's just CC.  Not only that but before the booking takes place, we get in contact with person/persons who are in charge of renting the property.  MOST IMPORTANT THING for us is we read the reviews.  we won't rent one, even if it's very nice and cheap(red flag).  But reviews is where it's at.  Can't stress enough communicate with property owners and reviews is a must.

These are newer properties(1-2 years old) so I'm thinking we should be fine. Also a lot of the time owners only communicate through a third party, which is fine with me. I thought it was sketchy for a website to ask me for my pictures with my cc :P

Advertisements