Advertisement

Author Topic: Andrew Yang's first experiment: Stockton??  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Ma|3Strang3r

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Yang's first experiment: Stockton??
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 04:11:16 PM »
The UBI or Freedom Dividend is a GREAT Idea. $1K/month is just how much I pay tax to the Govrm't every month. If I can get $1K back every month, it will help a whole lot.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 05:02:19 PM »
Why would you invest if there's always money coming in and it won't ever run out?

See the voters' logic there?

That's what I'm saying. Most poor people do not use extra cash, if given to them, to invest for the long run. They would immediately spend it. This is why some people stay permanently poor and it becomes generational. They eventually outspend themselves. Soon, even an extra $1,000/mo. is not enough for them as they will demand $2,000/mo. Society cannot continue to bear the burden of these people.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 05:22:22 PM »
Isn't public money meant to be spent and not invested? You'd be penalized for investing it, correct?

Having free money doesn't mean one cannot keep working on the side.

That's what I'm saying. Most poor people do not use extra cash, if given to them, to invest for the long run. They would immediately spend it. This is why some people stay permanently poor and it becomes generational. They eventually outspend themselves. Soon, even an extra $1,000/mo. is not enough for them as they will demand $2,000/mo. Society cannot continue to bear the burden of these people.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements