Advertisement

Author Topic: His grandpa Muhammad's one of the most well known in the world, big shoes to fil  (Read 158 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
 ???:

Biaggio Ali Walsh, grandson of Muhammad Ali, taking his own path into MMA

Biaggio Ali Walsh was in a dark place only a few years ago. Drinking, drugs and depression were leading him down a dangerous path. And then he found a purpose in the family business, combat sports.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
Well, Ali's got a point  ???:

Muhammad Ali's grandson says everyone will want to KO him when he fights this month simply because he's an Ali

Another of Muhammad Ali's grandsons is following in the legend's footsteps by turning into a pro fighter.

Biaggio Ali Walsh, 24, makes his pro MMA debut at the PFL Finals on ESPN+ PPV on November 25.

Ali Walsh told Insider how having a famous grandfather means he has a target on his back.

LAS VEGAS — When he wasn't bamboozling his boxing opponents in the ring or advocating human rights causes outside of it, Muhammad Ali charmed children around the world with magic.

Ali befriended Caesers Palace hypnotist Jimmy Grippo, spent time with David Copperfield backstage after the illusionist's Las Vegas shows, and had a personal magic man called Terry La Sorda teach him tricks, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

One of Ali's favorite tricks was levitation — something he was able to keep doing long after he started to suffer from Parkinson's, author Martin J. Smith reported.

Few people loved Ali's magic more than his grandson Biaggio Ali Walsh.

Speaking to Insider by the training cages at Xtreme Couture MMA in Las Vegas, ahead of his ultimate fighting debut for PFL MMA at the Hulu Theater in New York City on November 25, Ali Walsh recalled the legend of his grandfather.

"It's weird," the 24-year-old said. "I always looked at him as this icon when I wasn't with him, but when we were together he was always, just, my grandfather.

"There's this grey area of confusion," Ali Walsh said. "I watched his fights, heard his trash talk. Then I'm with him and part of me thinks about how I was just watching him knock George Foreman out on YouTube.

"But, at the same time, we're doing magic tricks, watching classic Western movies, and horrors."

The Ali dynasty has grown enormously in 2022
This year has been a stand-out one for Ali's descendants in combat sports.

Laila Ali, a women's boxing icon, was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame earlier in the summer.

Nico Ali Walsh has extended his unbeaten run as a prospect boxer, and Biaggio makes his eagerly anticipated MMA debut against Tom Graesser in the prelims during PFL's big pay-per-view event later this month.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements