Advertisement

Author Topic: NtsesHnub, the lake errr..reservoir you were talking about in Cali Guy's thread  (Read 210 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
Los Banos aka 152?

I took these photos as I passed by it going over the Pacheco Pass:

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Good to see  O0:

Stunning before-and-after images: California reservoir went from almost empty to 100% full

California's reservoirs have been in the spotlight following months of precipitation and the end of the drought in much of the state. A surplus of water has filled several major reservoirs, which had seen perilously low water levels. Among them is the San Luis Reservoir, which sat at just one-quarter of its capacity on Dec. 1. The basin is now 98% full. The reservoir, California's fifth-largest, is located near Los Banos in Merced County and supplies water to the State Water Project. After a stunning turnaround, it sits at 114% of its historical average level. The photo on the left shows San Luis Reservoir on March 20, 2022, when its water level was well under half of capacity. On the right, the reservoir lost water even more by July 13 as warmer weather dried out the landscape.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +659
    • View Profile
Nice to see that place fuller. It was so far down at one point in time. Cali should have a few dozen reservoirs like this one stocking those rain water. Ice caps are about to be rushing down and lots of it will go directly to the ocean.

I read Tulare Lake is now back from the dead and getting bigger.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +246
    • View Profile
We used to go there back in the early 90s.  Good to see pictures O0

Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Good to see indeed after years of drought...

Like this post: 0

Advertisements