Advertisement

Author Topic: What's fair?  (Read 1894 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
What's fair?
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:46:01 PM »
If true, lay these two idiots on the pavement and have a car go back and forth over them to a slow painful death is fair imo. Still too many Fast and Furious wannabees out there even if the racer is "44 years old".. :knuppel2::

73 year old grandmother dies after street-racing cars hit her SUV on Lindbergh Boulevard, police say

FRONTENAC, MO. - A street racing incident on a well-traveled road turned deadly, and now two men are being charged with manslaughter.

The crash happened Friday night just after 9. Frontenac police say 73-year-old Kay Koutroubis, a grandmother of five, was driving her Toyota SUV southbound on Lindbergh Boulevard when she was hit by the two men racing.

The horrific scene unfolded right in front of Kreis’ Steakhouse, right during the Friday night dinner rush.  Employees say restaurant patrons and staff witnessed the crash, and some went outside to help.

Koutroubis had been driving home from a close friend’s house. She was excited. Later this week, she was supposed to go to Florida, to spend time with her grandchildren. But fate had different plans.

The drivers who struck her SUV were allegedly intoxicated and racing each other. Thirty-nine year-old Haven Sooter, driving a BMW, allegedly rammed into her. Police said her SUV spun out, then was hit again, this time by the other racer, 44-year-old Scott Bailey(pictured above), driving a Mustang.

Sooter's picture was not available because he was taken to the hospital following the crash.

Koutroubis was taken to the hospital, complaining of stomach pain. After two days of fighting for her life, police say she died Sunday from internal trauma injuries.

It’s a devastating loss for those who were close to her. She’s survived by family including two children and five grandchildren. She sang in the choir at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: What's fair?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
Don't street race.  It's stupid.

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 10:48:27 PM »
Don't street race yet we have videos and stories of street racing all over these car forums... :2funny:

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:52:12 PM »
So drinking and driving is ok... as long as they aren't streeet racing?

That's what I'm getting from you.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:09:00 PM »
So drinking and driving is ok... as long as they aren't streeet racing?

That's what I'm getting from you.

Drinking and driving is OK as long as the driver is not drunk and/or his/her BAC doesn't cross the 'illegal' mark but racing on the streets with other drivers that are not part of the Fast and Furious idiocy sharing the same roads/streets/highway is never OK. 

It's bad for any driver to participate in this type of Fast and Furious wannabee idiocy but it's even worst when the idiots are in their 30's and 40's...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 11:09:54 PM »
Don't street race.  It's stupid.

Yes it is, no two ways about it..That's what race tracks are for...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:13:18 PM »
Don't street race yet we have videos and stories of street racing all over these car forums... :2funny:

Yep, sadly as I've said, there are still too many Fast and Furious wannabees out there...and when those guys are in the 30s to 40s, it's just pathetic...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 12:53:10 AM »
Yep, sadly as I've said, there are still too many Fast and Furious wannabees out there...and when those guys are in the 30s to 40s, it's just pathetic...

Honestly, I can tell where your mind is at, how it works, how you formulate ideas, etc etc just from the fact you still referencing the fast and the furious.

Fast and furious is now not even about street racing and street racing culture anymore since honestly after the first movie. 

If you're still equating street racing to that movie, which I think you are, then I actually know all I need to know about you.

And to be honest, I haven't street raced in years so....

And also, have you ever street raced?  Or can you not answer that question as well?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 01:07:02 AM »
Pffft.  Screw all you guys.  Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 02:04:33 AM »

Honestly, I can tell where your mind is at, how it works, how you formulate ideas, etc etc just from the fact you still referencing the fast and the furious.

Fast and furious is now not even about street racing and street racing culture anymore since honestly after the first movie. 

If you're still equating street racing to that movie, which I think you are, then I actually know all I need to know about you.

And to be honest, I haven't street raced in years so....

And also, have you ever street raced?  Or can you not answer that question as well?

"Fast and furious is now not even about street racing and street racing culture anymore since honestly after the first movie."

Another Epic Failed!

"And to be honest, I haven't street raced in years so...."

The article I posted on this thread is not about you...

"And also, have you ever street raced?  Or can you not answer that question as well?"

No, not when there's others sharing the road with me...

When idiots pulled next to me on public streets with other drivers sharing that same road and started revving their engines, I just tell them, 'the race track is over there, you pay the fees, and I'm game'...

Advertisements