Advertisement

Author Topic: Government Declares One-Dish Menu Items to Be Priced No More Than 15,000 Kip  (Read 562 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
The Ministry of Industry and Commerce has just announced that it will be implementing a new price control policy, in Vientiane Capital, on the following popular menu items in restaurants: pho, kao piek, kao pat, and kao latna.

The notice, dated 25 May, and signed by the DG of the Office of the Industry and Commerce Ministry Bansathi Thepavong, stated that the aforementioned one-dish menus (aharn jarn diew) should not exceed 15,000 kip. In the event that the customer would like a customized dish with extra serving sizes or special items, he/she may negotiate the price directly with the vendor.

https://laotiantimes.com/2018/05/25/government-declares-one-dish-menu-items-to-be-priced-no-more-than-15000-kip/

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
That's quite a lot: 15,000 kips = $1.80 as of today.

It looks little here. But that's a lot for those over there. How many locals can afford to take a lover out every Friday  or even Saturday?

The Ministry of Industry and Commerce has just announced that it will be implementing a new price control policy, in Vientiane Capital, on the following popular menu items in restaurants: pho, kao piek, kao pat, and kao latna.

The notice, dated 25 May, and signed by the DG of the Office of the Industry and Commerce Ministry Bansathi Thepavong, stated that the aforementioned one-dish menus (aharn jarn diew) should not exceed 15,000 kip. In the event that the customer would like a customized dish with extra serving sizes or special items, he/she may negotiate the price directly with the vendor.

https://laotiantimes.com/2018/05/25/government-declares-one-dish-menu-items-to-be-priced-no-more-than-15000-kip/

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements