Advertisement

Author Topic: What's a good free app for the iphone?  (Read 3815 times)

cali_lady

What's a good free app for the iphone?
« on: July 21, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »
or your favorite apps for the iphone 4? or 3?

so far i'm loving the ShopSavy and BeatTheTraffic apps...so useful  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

kyrie_eleison

Re: What's a good free app for the iphone?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »
google earth. 

cali_lady

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »
Any recommendation s for a good free navigation app?

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
I don't have an iphone.  I can't justify paying that much; I just have an ipod touch.  You guys pay way too much for service and a phone that only becomes obsolete. 

If you want a reliable method of navigation, I suggest you invest in a GPS.  Garman makes pretty reliable ones for far cheaper and NO service charge. 

six

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »
Any recommendation s for a good free navigation app?

Your only choice is MapQuest 4 Mobile.

If you want the best of the best, you'll have to go with driod to get this --> LINK:Google Maps Navigation   It's amazingly better than any consumer GPS out there!  The only thing better is a real time view GPS device, where a camera constantly takes pictures of what's ahead and overlays the pictures with directions.  It's that good.

N`Chync

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
Mapquest is free and is decent. Both  and google maps use Internet tho which explains the price. Tomtom beats them by far and if u jailbroken it's a free app :)
Free apps, depends on what u want and like. Games like World of Magic and Pocket Legends, social networking facebook, myspace, and  meebo.

I like combination of App Store along with Cydia and install0us. More options.
I don't have an iphone.  I can't justify paying that much; I just have an ipod touch.  You guys pay way too much for service and a phone that only becomes obsolete. 

If you want a reliable method of navigation, I suggest you invest in a GPS.  Garman makes pretty reliable ones for far cheaper and NO service charge. 

I used the first gen iPhone until the iPhone 3GS came out. Took 4 years to become out dated as th iPhone 4 and iOS 4 clearly use more power. Android 3.0 will be doing the same thing as android 3.0's requirements are at 1ghz processor, 3.5", and a certain screen resolution. As my android friend pointed out that's a iPhone 4 lol.
But I can't justify buying a iPod touch. Need Internet on the go. Work, road trips, anywhere I'm at. 10 gb of data usage on the go.

cali_lady

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »

I love my IPHONE 4  O0 so far so good for me and it serve its purpose ...i already have a Garmin, just thought it'll be more convenient carrying the iphone than another navigation system along for short distance trips...

Your only choice is MapQuest 4 Mobile.

yes, i've dl that, and something simple like that is good enough for me...

i like this! Iphone rocks! kuv tsis kay if some don't like it

N`Chync

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 12:13:15 AM »
iPhone 4 is great. Gonna be better once the jailbreak is available. Mapquest is decent. Does it's job.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:52:01 PM »
I love my IPHONE 4  O0 so far so good for me and it serve its purpose ...i already have a Garmin, just thought it'll be more convenient carrying the iphone than another navigation system along for short distance trips...

yes, i've dl that, and something simple like that is good enough for me...

i like this! Iphone rocks! kuv tsis kay if some don't like it

Was your iphone free?  B/c my ipod touch came w/ my macbook air.  I thought you were needing some form of GPS for hiking or mountain biking or something for the wilderness.  I forget that some people have trouble w/ road maps these days.   

N'C,

Mine was free.  At $300 bucks a pop and another $55 bucks a month for service, for an iphone; or $600 w/o a service plan, that's ludicrous.  My cell phone was free and calling is free (for me at least); my ipod was free, GPS service on a Garman is free.  Sometimes, the best things in life are....FREE. 

cali_lady

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 03:08:19 PM »
kyrie_eleison  O0 good for you that u got all those free...and if u can opt us in on ur little free secret, that’ll be awesome…

and no, i'm not that lucky so I paid for pretty much everything that I own…well, my husband did, my $ is spent on clothes, makeup and shoes… ;D, thank god for husband!

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »
kyrie_eleison  O0 good for you that u got all those free...and if u can opt us in on ur little free secret, that’ll be awesome…

and no, i'm not that lucky so I paid for pretty much everything that I own…well, my husband did, my $ is spent on clothes, makeup and shoes… ;D, thank god for husband!

Wow.  You're just as lucky.  Of course, I'd have to say, your husband is either not too bright or lost a bet with God. 

cali_lady

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
he's a bright guy...

it's just that...I am GOD... >:D :2funny:

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »
he's a bright guy...

it's just that...I am GOD... >:D :2funny:

yeah.  

Of course we know you're not God.  'cause, he's or in this case, "she" wouldn't be DUMB enough to need a navigational system built into an iphone.  But, you are woman, so...

there are exceptions. 

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:46:23 PM by kyrie_eleison »

six

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:29 PM »
Mapquest is free and is decent. Both  and google maps use Internet tho which explains the price. Tomtom beats them by far and if u jailbroken it's a free app :)
Free apps, depends on what u want and like. Games like World of Magic and Pocket Legends, social networking facebook, myspace, and  meebo.

Dude, stop being a fanboy and go try out Google Maps Navigation on your sister's driod.  Not google maps, although the two are paired.  It's voice command and loads in seconds.  No more typing in what you want.   It finds anything a quick search on google will find....in seconds.  When you goof, it's artificial intelligence feature will determine what you are really looking for base on your location.

N`Chync

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
because i choose TomTom i'm a Fanboy? explain? last time i checked TomTom is a GPS company not a Apple a product.

Google Maps Navigation is an internet-connected GPS navigation system with voice guidance

TomTom uses GPS to make sure that the satellite signal is translated into co-ordinates pinpointing your exact location on the map.

in another words no internet no GPS on Google Maps Navigation. an internet connection is required to get maps and related information from Google Maps while on TomTom all it needs is a GPS signal and comes preloaded with maps.

and voice command doesnt work on all Android phones properly.Nexus One and Droid X have the advantage with their noise canceling.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:29:24 PM by N`Chync »

Advertisements