Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 134667 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »
Did anybody catch the hidden revelation in the Parable of the Sower?

No.  Please share with us.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

BoyRescue

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »
No.  Please share with us.

Only one-fourth of all people who hears the word of God enters into the Kingdom of Heaven.  Be that one-fourth!  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:08 AM »
Only one-fourth of all people who hears the word of God enters into the Kingdom of Heaven.  Be that one-fourth!  O0

Predestination?  Lolz...

BoyRescue

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »
Predestination?  Lolz...

Haha, nope.  God's will is for everyone to come to repentance, but He knows not everyone will.  Just look at the Parable of the Sower as that example.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

LadyLionness

« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
Computer issues... lolz.

Running late, so I will open with a prayer...

Dearn Lord,

I am so grateful for your love and comfort this week.  I know that in my need I did not kneel before you, but in my heart of heart, I prayed for your support and guidance and you came through for me. Father, I want to follow your will, not mine.  Please give each and everyone of us the strength and discernment to live your will and not ours.  Father, I pray that today, you will open our eyes, hearts, mind and soul to receive your Word and to share in this moment.  Father, hold each and everyone of these dear friends in the bossom of your arms so that we are the good soil where the seeds can fall and take roots and grow. 

Lord, we love you so much and pray all these in the name of your son, our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.  Amen.

LadyLionness

« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
OK, chapters 5 through 8...

BoyRescue

« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »
 :hello:

I'd like to offer a suggestion if everyone's okay with it.  It maybe best to discuss each section of Mark 5-8.  For example, Mark 5:1-20 then Mark 5:20-43 and so forth.  This way we aren't jumping all over the place and we can stay on subject.

LadyLionness

« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »
When I finished reading the New Testament the first time, I gifted this Bible to myself... lolz... It was

Presentted to:  Katherine Vang

By:  My love and desire for God

On:  February 2008 - Upon completion of the New Testament.

It's a $199 Bible... softest leather cover ever...

It's the The MacArthur Study Bible, edited by John MacArthur... New King James Version... a Thomas Nelson Bibles...

Here's what it says on Jesus refusing to see his family...

This started back in Mark 3:21 - But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said, "he is out of his mind."  Mark 3:31 - Then his borthes and HIs mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him.

The MacArthur Study Bible:

His own people.  In Greek, this experssion was used in various ways to describe someone's friends or close associates.  In the strictest sense, it meant family, which is probably the best understanding here.  

Lay hold of him.  Mark used this same term elsewhere to mean the arrest of a person.  Jesus' relavetives evidently heard the report of the multitude seeking him out in verse 20, they came to Capernaum to restrain Him from His many activities and bring Him under their care and control, all suppolsedly for His own good.  

Out of his mind.  Jesus' family could only explain His unconventional lifesstyle, with it's willingness for others always to impose on Im, by saying He was irrational or had lost His mind.  

His brothers and His mother.  Jesus' earthly family.  

Mark 3:35 - Jesus made a decisive and comprehensive statement on true Christain discipleship.  Such discipleship involves a spiritual relationship that transcends the physical family and is open to all who are empowered by the Sprit of God to come to Christ in repentance and fiath and enabled to live a life of obedience to God's Word.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:10:57 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »
:hello:

I'd like to offer a suggestion if everyone's okay with it.  It maybe best to discuss each section of Mark 5-8.  For example, Mark 5:1-20 then Mark 5:20-43 and so forth.  This way we aren't jumping all over the place and we can stay on subject.

I am fine with that... lolz... I am still in chapter 4, trying to answer Wind's question.

You have been doing an awesome job with the discussion... go ahead and led us while I look a bit more into Wind's question.

LadyLionness

« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:30 PM »
Who's all here?

Hi, Mr. Mundane.  I am here. :)

BoyRescue

« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
Mark 5:1-20

Jesus Restores a Demon-Possessed Man

1 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

14 Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15 When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16 Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17 Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

What's did you find significant while reading this passage and what's the life application?

LadyLionness

« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
The King James Version Life Application Study Bible states it this way:

Mark 3:21
With the crowds pressing in on him, Jesus didn't even take time to eat.  Because of this, his friends and family came to take him home, thinking he had gone "over the edge" as a religious fanatic.  They were concerned for him, but they missed the point of his ministry.  Even those who were closest to Jesus were slow to understand who he was and what he came to do.

Mark 3:31 - 35
Jesus' family did not yet fully understand his ministry, as can be seen in verse 21.  Jesus explained that our spiritual family forms relationships that are ultimately more important and longer lasting than those formed in our physical family.  God's family is open and doesn't exclude anyone.  Although Jesus cared for his mother and brothers, he also cared for all those who loved him.  [Wind, and this is why I said that your friend is NOT following in Jesus' example, for he still cares about his family.]  Jesus did not show partiality; he allowed everyone the privilege of obeying God and becoming part of his fmily.  He shows us how to relate to other believers in this new way.  In our increasingly computerized, impresonal world, warm relationships among members of God's fmaly take on major importance.  the chuch can give lving, personalized care that many people find nowhere else.

LadyLionness

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »

What's did you find significant while reading this passage and what's the life application?

That those people back then, like us today, forgot what is more important... hearing the Word of God and thus salvation or their property... for the lose of their pigs, they told Jesus to leave.

cali_lady

« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
i'm here back and forth..got a major project to complete @ work, but still breathing and reading  :P

LadyLionness

« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »
i'm here back and forth..got a major project to complete @ work, but still breathing and reading  :P

Good.  Keep searching...

Advertisements