Advertisement

Author Topic: Man killed by Fresno police while holding girlfriend, self at gunpoint  (Read 3399 times)

Offline GhostRider

• Jr. Poster
  • GhostRider: 5'11", 185 lbs, Straight
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
A man who was holding his girlfriend at gunpoint Saturday evening and was pointing a gun at his own head was shot and killed by Fresno police, Chief Jerry Dyer said.

The man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, where he died, Dyer said.

The incident at a home in the 2000 block of South Fourth Street in southeast Fresno began about 7 p.m. when the man, who was not identified but was said to be in his late 20s, grabbed his girlfriend and put her in a headlock during a domestic dispute, the chief said.

After police received a call about a disturbance at the home, arriving officers could hear screaming from a block away.

The man reportedly had a criminal history and was arrested a week ago, but Dyer could not say what the man had been charged with.

Fearing that the man would injure his girlfriend, who was also not identified but was described in her mid-20s, police officers opened fire, the chief said. He did not say how many times the man was hit.

Police then recovered the two handguns the man had been armed with. The girlfriend was not injured, Dyer said.

He said the girlfriend likely avoided injury or death because of the officers’ decision to shoot.

“We have no doubt that absent immediate action of these officers, perhaps that female would have been shot and killed tonight,” Dyer said.

The reporter can be reached at (559) 441-6659 or daguilera@fresnobee.com.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/07/06/3377246/man-killed-by-fresno-police-while.html#storylink=cpy

Like this post: 0
I'm Ghost Rider! Come Ride With Me..!

Advertisement

Offline BuckFuddies2

• Elite Poster
  • The Gnome says......... GTFO !!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
I knew it was Hmong cuz I saw on the news footage of the home with joss paper hanging at the front door!! 

BTW, can you confirm it indeed IS Hmong though?  Someone you know?

Offline GhostRider

• Jr. Poster
  • GhostRider: 5'11", 185 lbs, Straight
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Sorry Buck, can't confirm, heard it as rumors that it’s Hmong, don’t know who they are

I'm Ghost Rider! Come Ride With Me..!

Offline August

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
update: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/07/08/3379078/man-killed-by-fresno-police-as.html

A man fatally shot by Fresno officers as he held his girlfriend at gunpoint and pointed a weapon at his head has been identified as Kou Lee, 27.

Offline KuvYogHmong

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Wonder if it was neccessary for the cops to shoot Mr. Kou Lee? The report is not detailed. It said they found two guns but was the two guns on him or close to him such that he would use them. He just had his arms around the girlfriend's neck. Just want to make sure it is not another act of police brutality.

Offline HUNG TU LO

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Wonder if it was neccessary for the cops to shoot Mr. Kou Lee?

He had his girlfriend in a choke hold and brandishing a gun. What more reasons do you need for it to be necessary? So when should it be necessary? When the perp opens fire and downs a cop, then cops can shoot back? I bet if that was your sister and you had a gun, you would've unloaded the whole clip on him before the cops arrived. It's easy to sit behind a computer desk and talk smack all day when it's other people out there putting their lives on the line to keep the peace.

Like this post: +1
Give a man a fish and you go hungry for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you go hungry for a lifetime.

Offline Neeg Laus

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
    • see me
that's my niam yaus's boyfriend. we'll miss him for sure so does she.

Offline KuvYogHmong

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
He had his girlfriend in a choke hold and brandishing a gun. What more reasons do you need for it to be necessary? So when should it be necessary? When the perp opens fire and downs a cop, then cops can shoot back? I bet if that was your sister and you had a gun, you would've unloaded the whole clip on him before the cops arrived. It's easy to sit behind a computer desk and talk smack all day when it's other people out there putting their lives on the line to keep the peace.

Thanks for clarifying and I just skimmed through too quick on the article. I'm not judging anyone, but was just curious because it was unclear when I first read it. Props to the cops who saved this lady's life. I saw a video on police brutality this morning and it just popped into my head when I was reading this article. Plus I don't trust these articles 100% and how the stories are conveyed.

Offline MilesDaddy

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
that's my niam yaus's boyfriend. we'll miss him for sure so does she.
then she is stupid as fu<k what is wrong with these women today... He held a gun to your head seems like and effing deal breaker to me.... :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Offline F-16

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Don't toy with Fresno cops or you'll be dead.  We have a Chief who loves to shoot either with his big or little gun. ;D ;D

Like this post: -1

Offline HUNG TU LO

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
then she is stupid as fu<k what is wrong with these women today... He held a gun to your head seems like and effing deal breaker to me.... :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

No, no, no! Don't you understand that he is not a bad person! He doesn't really mean to do bad things; it just happens.

/sarcasm

;D :D

Give a man a fish and you go hungry for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you go hungry for a lifetime.

Offline PebHmoobUnited

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +127
    • View Profile
one less thug for bi*tches like her to date...the END!

“Honor with one another, sympathy for one another, faith for one another, that’s how we survived,”.  General Vang Pao

Offline YoursTruly

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
  If this was a white guy the pigs would of negotiate peacefully.  Racist pigs should all die!

Like this post: +1

Offline BuckFuddies2

• Elite Poster
  • The Gnome says......... GTFO !!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Don't toy with Fresno cops or you'll be dead.  We have a Chief who loves to shoot either with his big or little gun. ;D ;D

That is true....... for some reason Police officers here are very trigger happy.  Probably because Fresno is ghetto as hell.

Offline HUNG TU LO

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter if it's Fresno, Texas, or Rhode Island. If a person has another held and a gun is being brandished, it's shoot now, ask questions later.

What do you guys not get? He wasn't unarmed. In fact, they found an additional gun after he was shot down.

So if an armed person comes on your property and headlocks you, are you going to wish the cops calmly talk the suspect down? Or would you prefer they blast his head off? Damn hypocrites. Stupid.

Advertisement