Advertisement

Author Topic: This reminded me of Bugatti's way  (Read 1416 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
This reminded me of Bugatti's way
« on: April 14, 2016, 03:07:25 PM »
When the Bugatti Veyron first came out, I heard that you have to presently own an exoctic car before Bugatti dealerships sell you a Veyron.

Now, if you want to buy a Ford GT, you'll have to do some things for them first:

We Applied to Buy a $400,000 Ford GT. Here's What We Learned

Selling a six-figure supercar is a lot like parallel parking a six-figure supercar: Both require a deft touch and a little bit of luck.

By design, production for these machines never meets demand, so there is almost always a surplus of would-be buyers. The carbon-veined cars are essentially marketing exercises—howling 200 mile-per-hour billboards—so Ford doesn’t want them going to just anyone.

That’s why the company began taking applications online this morning to buy its 2017 GT supercar. That’s right, the process of plunking down $400,000 on a Ford is not unlike applying for a barista job at Starbucks.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/applied-buy-400-000-ford-165815115.html

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: This reminded me of Bugatti's way
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:30:11 PM »
If I were making only 300 of these with its history, pride, and tech behind it - it makes sense. The Ford GT is to Ford like the Corvette is to Chevy. The NSX is to Honda. The GTR is to Nissan...but millions times more.  O0

Envy2

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »
I remember Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear bought a Ford GT and it didn't start at all. Talk about plunking down 6 figure for a car that didn't work. Anyway the new one is bad ass but still too much dinero for 99.99% of the population. Most will just get parked hard.

Hitokiri

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 01:41:15 PM »
I remember Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear bought a Ford GT and it didn't start at all. Talk about plunking down 6 figure for a car that didn't work. Anyway the new one is bad ass but still too much dinero for 99.99% of the population. Most will just get parked hard.

Actually the story was that Jeremy's alarm system kept on turning on. The car started but the alarm system was goofy. Even though Jeremy eventually wrote that he hated the experience he must have loved the car because he bought the car back.  :2funny:

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »
Love the GT40, GT.  I think the greatest aspect of the GT series was that you get a lot of bang for the buck.  Now they're trying to solidify it as a Ferrari.  That's too bad.

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 12:05:53 PM »
Love the GT40, GT.  I think the greatest aspect of the GT series was that you get a lot of bang for the buck.  Now they're trying to solidify it as a Ferrari.  That's too bad.

You know why...right?  ::) :P

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »
Besides sticking it to Ferrari for 4 years due to a failed sale along with other shade thrown in yes.  I would have prefered a more analog automobile but hey new tech is cool. 

Advertisements