Advertisement

Author Topic: So the new NSX cost 86k more and it's just on par with the decade old GTR??  (Read 3585 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
...And it might have loss to the 2013 GTR??

This test doesn't bode well for the new NSX IMO as I expected it to be much lighter and output more power for that kind of money...I mean it's only around 50 pounds lighter than the GTR and I thought the GTR was already on the heavy side as far as super sportcar weight is concern...

With that said, the NSX does look much better IMO:

2017 ACURA NSX VS. 2017 NISSAN GT-R HEAD 2 HEAD COMPARISON

The wait is finally over for an all-Japan supercar war

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/acura/nsx/2017/2017-acura-nsx-vs-nissan-gt-r/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Numb steering and understeer added to aid in safety?

Sounds like a drivers car alright...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Oops, wrong forum, this thread was supposed to be in the auto forum...My bad. ;D

Mods feel free to move it to the auto forum if needed...thank s

E92M3

Looks nice.  Although, for that money, I'll take the GT3 RS.  For the GTR, not too shabby for a 10 year old design.  Can't wait for the R36 to come out.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
For the price of both...

I'd get me a gently used ferrari or a brand new ferrari..

You know you can get ferrari's for like 80k?

I was looking them up in craigslist

Sure it's a 2004..... but don't tell me it's not going to turn heads and not feel nice to be driving it around town??!?!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/5823347041.html

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

You know you can get ferrari's for like 80k?

Or even less...dependi ng on year, mileage, condition and model...for example this 2001 Spider with 28k miles, the asking price is 39 grand:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5821888896.html

It's even less for Porsche...for example this 2000 Boxster S with 65k miles, the asking price is 10 grand:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5822025679.html

Hitokiri

We have to realize a few things here. It's been like a decade since the last NSX and this generation's version is totally different from the last. The GTR on the other hand has had endless generations of the same car. The 4 wheel drive system on today's GTR is the improvement of the last system but basically works the same. By having this continuum the GTR can keep what works and improve throw out what doesn't. The NSX does not have this luxury.

Plus what GTR is doing is nothing new. The NSX is trying to use unused technology on a street car. There's bound to be issues. The reason why the mew NSX is so heavy is due to its batteries and kinetic system and I'm sure that be improved upon in time.

So to say the NSX doesn't match up is wrong. The GTR is like a 20 or 30 yeR old getting better and smarter continously through time. The NSX is like a new infant no refined at all and still growing and learning.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
We have to realize a few things here. It's been like a decade since the last NSX and this generation's version is totally different from the last. The GTR on the other hand has had endless generations of the same car. The 4 wheel drive system on today's GTR is the improvement of the last system but basically works the same. By having this continuum the GTR can keep what works and improve throw out what doesn't. The NSX does not have this luxury.

Plus what GTR is doing is nothing new. The NSX is trying to use unused technology on a street car. There's bound to be issues. The reason why the mew NSX is so heavy is due to its batteries and kinetic system and I'm sure that be improved upon in time.

So to say the NSX doesn't match up is wrong. The GTR is like a 20 or 30 yeR old getting better and smarter continously through time. The NSX is like a new infant no refined at all and still growing and learning.

According to these testers, the latest GT-R might not be as good as the 2013 version in terms of performance so not sure about the continual progress point.

Guess the thing is if Acura is going to revamp their supercar and charge this much for it, at least make it so the performance is much better than its' cheaper competitor. I think it looks nice but if it cost a lot more but can't outrun a GT-R or a Vette or a Viper, or  even wider price gap models like the Charger/Challenger Hellcat of the world, not sure if how many buyers that want 2017 performance to match its' 2017 price will buy it??  ???

With that said, the NSX has never been about power. If I remembered it right, the first gen in 1991? got outrun by other cheaper sportcars too i.e., 300zx, Supra, 3000GT, etc. Therefore, perhaps Acura is not concern about the new NSX's power/weight ratio or dollar/power ratio when compared to the likes of the GT-R... ???

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
It's a overly priced car for millionaires. Whether it's an infant or not, it's performance isn't impressive enough to justify pricing when you factor in maintenance costs of ownership compares to other high performance cars like vets, gtr, cobras, and etc. It isn't some collectors kind of car. Hybrid vehicle systems aren't meant to be resting in someone's garage for months. It's meant to be driven as much as possible. I think the price, the performance(including continues decline potential), the maintenance, and the collectors buyer's decisions will make it a hard buy for anyone whether they have deep pockets or not.

One thing for sure, hybrid vehicles loses their values 2 or 3 times faster than their gas only vehicle counter parts. So the question to ask would be buyers, is this something they want with the car knowing that it can depreciate to just $36k from $86k after 5/6yrs?

Advertisements