Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong History FAQ  (Read 57040 times)

Offline moo_cow

• Jr. Poster
  • F*cken Stupid People
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
Re: Where did HMONG(we) come from?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »
In terms of genetics, you are wrong.

no i don't think i am..we are not chinese why do you want to be chinese so bad?! huh?? tell me..what do you know of the hmong? can you tell me something educational about your own race?! huh?? can you tell me how the laos started to hate the hmong and why right now...over in laos many innocent hmong people are dying..can you tell me that?! If you are going to oppose to an idea support your idea before claiming someone else is wrong...

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:20:35 AM by moo_cow »

Like this post: 0
Misery loves company :D

Adverstisement

Swordplay

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
no i don't think i am..we are not chinese why do you want to be chinese so bad?! huh?? tell me..what do you know of the hmong? can you tell me something educational about your own race?! huh?? can you tell me how the laos started to hate the hmong and why right now...over in laos many innocent hmong people are dying..can you tell me that?! If you are going to oppose to an idea support your idea before claiming someone else is wrong...
We cannot yet trace our DNA very far, if we trace it far enough the Hmong and Chinese may share a common ancestor, perhaps all of mankind share a common ancestor. How quickly a couple can expand into a large family you can witness today with your very own eyes, multiply this effect times a thousands that the possibilities are limitless. Even now my eldest brother and I do not get along as though we were destined foes, the Hmong and Chinese may be no different.

Offline moo_cow

• Jr. Poster
  • F*cken Stupid People
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2007, 12:10:28 PM »
We cannot yet trace our DNA very far, if we trace it far enough the Hmong and Chinese may share a common ancestor, perhaps all of mankind share a common ancestor. How quickly a couple can expand into a large family you can witness today with your very own eyes, multiply this effect times a thousands that the possibilities are limitless. Even now my eldest brother and I do not get along as though we were destined foes, the Hmong and Chinese may be no different.

Thanks for clearifying that for me.

Misery loves company :D

foromosa

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007, 12:20:32 PM »
Whoever said the wall of China was built partially to keep the Hmong out is so so wrong. First of all, the Hmong from China are geographically located in Southern China. The great wall is in Northern China. I highly doubt that the Hmong traveled North to fight the Chinese.

"Their ancestors originated in southwestern China, in the provinces of Yunnan, Guizhou, Sichuan, and Hunan. For several thousand years, the central Chinese government dominated by Han Chinese basically left the Hmong (called Miao by the Chinese) alone, as long as they paid their tributes to the Chinese. However, the last dynasty in China, the Qing (1644-1911), founded by Manchus, followed a different policy. Qing armies and officials oppressed the Hmong, who rose in rebellion. In the early nineteenth century, this political persecution, along with increasing population pressure, led some of the Hmong to migrate southward into mainland Southeast Asia, where they settled in the mountainous regions of northern Burma, Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam." - Sucheng Chan, Hmong Means Free

http://www.hmongnet.org/publications/hmf-intro.html

As someone else stated above, those Hmong people with blue eyes and brown hair are purely albino. 

The Great Wall of China as we know of it today was not the same as it was when it was first built. The Chinese did build a wall to keep out the Miao. That's a fact.

foromosa

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2007, 12:25:06 PM »
we are not chinese we were an individual race to begin with the chinese did not like us because our women were more beautiful than theirs so they took all our women and married them. the chinese did not like us because they found us stubborn and did not do what they wanted that is why we fled china to laos. we were origianlly from china but we were never chinese...

There is no such thing as race. As for your story of Chinese taking Hmong women as brides, though it may have happened for some, I highly doubt it happened for all. The Chinese were very ethnocentric. That being the case, why would they want women who come from what they deem as barbaric people?

Offline Mizan

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »

I am not saying that we are Chinese - what I am saying is that we share very similar genetic characteristic s with Han Chinese people. In one research study done a few years back, scientists concluded that the Chinese are more genetically related to Hmong people and a few other southern tribes than to any other minority in China. Another research suggests that southern China and southeast Asia was populated by proto-Indic people about 40,000 years ago. These people migrated out of India and into Burma - there they split, one group continuing south into Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and the second group traveled through Tibet into southern China. It has already been concluded through research that the majority of Hmong people's maternal mtDNA is of southern origins, however we also have a very high ratio of northern DNA lineage as well.

Swordplay

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 12:18:46 AM »
looking forward to it but im still willing to buy it even if its not for free so feel free to let me know  :headbang: thanx once again.
Oh they take donations sure. It'll be a few months, busy year I tell you.

Offline xox

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 04:02:54 PM »
Hmong original written language is Hebrew like language look at the kong mong letter they are exactly Hebrew like.  We are not Chinese i believe i am not because i am one of the little few Hmong people that has blond hair. 

Offline A_New_Beginning

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong History FAQ
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2008, 05:46:28 PM »
Interesting article by YuPheng. Learn something new today.  I wonder do they still offer the class since that was way back in 1997.

Offline kaiyu

• Jr. Poster
  • In Search of Hope
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
I took a class in Native Americans, and Native American culture and way of life is pretty similar to Hmong culture.  Perhaps Native Americans are our ancestors.

When Dj's fail to meet fan's expectations, fans becomes dj's themselves.
-kaiyu

Offline kaiyu

• Jr. Poster
  • In Search of Hope
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2008, 06:17:53 PM »
I took a class in Native Americans, and Native American culture and way of life is pretty similar to Hmong culture.  Perhaps Native Americans are our ancestors.

they practice shamanism, marriage pricing, respect for the elders, and lecturing brides before marriage.....t here are several similiarities between hmong and Native Americans..... hmong are definitely have lineage of the Native American people......

-kaiyu

Swordplay

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
That's a possibility, but it'd be more accurate to say perhaps we share the same ancestors. Also, I know a few Hmong elders who would agree.

Offline kaiyu

• Jr. Poster
  • In Search of Hope
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2008, 02:35:33 AM »
i heard all kinds of good things about hmong history how about the bad stuff....for example now how did some of the newer generation hmong people have blonde hair...well... there is a possibility that force rape from the enemies could of happen and hmong woman were kidnapped or sold and were used as slaves/whores...just like the native american women being raped by spanish and english....see ..hispanic don't ever talk about their history because history hurts...

why hmong didn't have their own kingdom?

well there is a possibility that hmong are one of the oldest asian people and they didn't really have an organized empire, they were mostly peaceful farmers who seeks of peace and believed that lands cannot be own, just like how the native americans thought of north america....the y probably didn't have a king, but had a powerful leader....kind a like a chief....the hmong probably existed in china first before the chinese and mongolians...h mong people were the people that didn't want warfare or changes...they like the simple life...there were probably several hmong tribes that didn't get along to form a great empire....ther efor..when..th e enemies attack...only some fought back...

why didn't hmong have any historic clues about their pass?

im pretty sure they did have written history books or paintings, but those clues may had been completely wiped out by their enemies as though their enemies didn't want them to exist....there are some asian race that has been almost completely wiped out.....meanin g..their whole population were almost killed....just look at the miens....and others....

based on what had happen to the native americans, was probably what happened to the hmong people....hist ory repeat it self....

if you looks closely...some hmong gals looks a lot like hispanic gals..haha.... but native americans are our ancestor therefor mexicans are somewhat related to hmong....

-kaiyu

Offline Babylon

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »
That's a possibility, but it'd be more accurate to say perhaps we share the same ancestors. Also, I know a few Hmong elders who would agree.

There is indeed a possibility that Native Americans and Hmong people may have had a common ancestor in the very distant past. The ancestors of Native Americans were from Siberia whom had crossed over on a land bridge at the end of the last ice age.

Swordplay

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »
There is indeed a possibility that Native Americans and Hmong people may have had a common ancestor in the very distant past. The ancestors of Native Americans were from Siberia whom had crossed over on a land bridge at the end of the last ice age.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Advertisements