Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Polygamy in US  (Read 33043 times)

Gao Lee Xiong

Hmong Polygamy in US
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »
I am observing an influx of Hmong polygamy involving men and women who are in the age range of my parents (roughly 44-50) right now.  Does anyone think that this will become a trend among our younger Hmong generations in the US?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline slude

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong Polygamy in US
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
no. it's a dying practice. the new generation will not tolerate. the 1st wife will walk out before the 2nd enters. these days there are unlimited resources for women with any problems.

Like this post: +1

evil_me

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:34 PM »
At this rate in US hmong men are only expierementing on survival lolz...soon the race will be not be hmong no more, but a outcast breed.  It's sad and it will surely make a sharp downhill fall for hmong trying to grasp tradition again.  Think about it, there's hmong marrying white, black, african, indian, india, and the sad thing is hmong girls are submissive too when they are in love.  Soon we will loose most of the hotties to big black people lolz...

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:12:26 AM »
No. :) Too westernized. Thank goodness.

Smile.Freely

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
i still see some late 30's -40's people still trying to practice this.  however, they've really westernized the practice by sharing the same bed, same home and the wives have become bffs. how? not sure but i have seen it.

eventually, women will come to understand that they want  companionship which they do not have to share and break out of the traditional thoughts.  ::)

SwordSkill23

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 01:33:19 PM »
my homeboy...dude is 28...born and raised in the states...both wives too...straight swinging

Toumeng

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
I know a dude who's under 30 and has 2 wives too.  ;D

Xeemxai

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
I have three cars: a chevy covette, mini van, and a honda sedan.  Each of them has their own taste and the ride is always different.

NceegVaj

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »
 ;D - What is wrong with three wives? can't you see that you can't handle one? I mean  can't you see that one is on her period so that the husband sleep the night away with the second one?  :3some:

:)

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »
No way. This trend will definetly die down because women now and days see and understand that there are more varieties on fishes now in the sea. We will not sit around and wait for our turn when we can go and find another one who can just be with us only. For those that do, he is not the only that has that.

TusHluasSiabZoo

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »
Nothing will change if you are hmong. You may have seem others changed but majority won't change

beester

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Well for starters it is illegal here in the states. Good luck trying to marry two wives the legal way. Now if you did it the traditional way, then you can, but good luck once you have kids.

sarlboro

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
Other races are polygamy too and  every where through out the world.   So in this case for us, Hmong,  it is a Hmong Polygamy curse. 

Mr.Loj

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »
it'll die down.  Polygamy didn't exist in our culture until we settled in se asia.  It was a practice that was picked up from the laotions.

I don't think so. If someone gave you filet mignon would you go back to eating rump roast?

NtxheeYeesVaj

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 07:09:48 PM »
I am observing an influx of Hmong polygamy involving men and women who are in the age range of my parents (roughly 44-50) right now.  Does anyone think that this will become a trend among our younger Hmong generations in the US?

I do NOT & will NOT share my man with another woman. Over my dead body is he going to bring home another woman to be his other wife. As long as I'm still with him, I am & will be his ONLY wife. Unless we're separated, then he can have ten wives for all I care. I'm usually a nice and generous lady, but when it comes down to my man, I don't share.

However, to answer the question...I don't think that it will become a trend for the younger generations. I noticed that many Hmong men and women have been married more than once or twice, but they usually get rid of the ex first before they tie the knot again with someone else.

Advertisements