Advertisement

Author Topic: Fishing Equipment Reviews  (Read 55467 times)

bumzc

Re: Fishing Equipment Reviews
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »
I'll grab some shimano grease and give it a try. I oiled all my reels already but haven't grease yet.

I might of put to much oil on one of my reels cause the spool won't spin when i turn the handles  :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »
I spent all of last week after work and cleaned all of my 101ds, opened them all up, cleaned the gears everything.  what type of oil did u use?  don't use Hot Sauce.  :)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:49:00 AM by blablablablabla »

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
I usually never own any reels more than 2-3 seasons but lately its become pricy to upgrade and I'm very satisfied with the new reels I have. The factory oils that came with the reels are almost done. Where do you guys buy your oils and what brand?

bumzc

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »
I spent all of last week after work and cleaned all of my 101ds, opened them all up, cleaned the gears everything.  what type of oil did u use?  don't use Hot Sauce.  :)

I only use the oil that comes with the reels.

blablablablabla

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »
I usually never own any reels more than 2-3 seasons but lately its become pricy to upgrade and I'm very satisfied with the new reels I have. The factory oils that came with the reels are almost done. Where do you guys buy your oils and what brand?

I oil my reels once a year.  I run all shimanos so I have quite a bit of oil laying around.  I cleaned 15 reels and used one whole bottle of shimano oil.  

Blaster you use your reels for 2-3 seasons only?  Blaster, it must suck to have money!  :2funny:  I have a 10 year old Curado that I still use, all of my reels are working perfect no need to replace, upgrade.   O0   

I only use the oil that comes with the reels.

Shimano uses a Teflon grease.  Its like 5 bucks for a tiny tub.  I can't justify spending 5bucks on grease and paying 10 bucks for shipping.  I'm trying to locate it locally.  When I do i'll let you know.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:27:21 AM by blablablablabla »

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2011, 11:27:39 AM »
I oil my reels once a year.  I run all shimanos so I have quite a bit of oil laying around.  I cleaned 15 reels and used one whole bottle of shimano oil. 

Shimano uses a Teflon grease.  Its like 5 bucks for a tiny tub.  I can't justify spending 5bucks on grease and paying 10 bucks for shipping.  I'm trying to locate it locally.  When I do i'll let you know.

Same here. I cannot justify pay $10 for shipping.Plus I do not have patience to wait for something so small and simple.

bumzc

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »
Holy crap it is that much for shipping lol

I'll call all the big stores like Cabelas, gander, and joes to see if they have some.

bumzc

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
$6 for shipping is the cheapest so far  ;D

addisonlee

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »
I spent all of last week after work and cleaned all of my 101ds, opened them all up, cleaned the gears everything.  what type of oil did u use?  don't use Hot Sauce:)

That's all I use. Never had any issues.  ???

blablablablabla

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
That's all I use. Never had any issues.  ???

Quantum gears are not machined to tight tolerances to begin with that is why there is Quantum Hot Sauce.  I'd say use what is recommended from the MFG.  I'll only use shimano oil in any of my reels, I don't own any quantum.    O0

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »
I have both, Diawa and Shimano so twice the work

addisonlee

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »
I own Pflueger and Gander Mtn reels  O0

bumzc

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
I called Gander in Blaine and I think it was Chino who I talk too. I ask him about hotsauce not compatible on shimano reels and he laughed at me and said there shouldn't be any issues, its just that shimano wants you to buy there brand.

blablablablabla

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:45:44 PM by blablablablabla »

bumzc

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »
Dietz is a shimano dealer so he could be bias  :)

I'll stick with what shimano says  O0

Advertisements