Advertisement

Author Topic: Just got the HTC EVO 4G  (Read 6102 times)

Offline i_r_stupid

• PH Regular
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Just got the HTC EVO 4G
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »
The thing I read about Android memory management (because I'm trying to learn to develop for it) is that even though the application is listed in the tasks, it doesn't mean it's actually in memory. It just means that it's in a sleep state. But of course it really depends on how the developer made it act in said state. If it's not a service, it isn't actually running. That's why there is a big debate about if task managers really help or not. Some say it hurts more than helps because you're actually killing an application and that application is still in it's lifecycle. It may not complete actions it needs to, like save data or whatever. (but of course developers are encouraged to save data as soon as their application loses focus)

I was thinking about making a hmong dictionary app for it. i'm kinda busy with other things now. It would be free.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

N`Chync

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 07:36:28 AM »
Android phones have issues with hardware. a reason why every time i find a good android phone i don't buy. i so wanted the Nexus One too.

wolverine

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »
I'm waiting for my iphone 4.  Selling my 3G.

N`Chync

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »
its nice to be able to play ps games on a iphone/android device

N`Chync

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 07:14:13 AM »
Froyo is sweet. Featured are always nice but I like how Froyo 2.2 and iOS 4 makes their respective OS and devices feel better and run smoother. Of course some devices can't fully utilize it becaus of lack of power like older Android phones and iPhones.

Can't wait to try out the full froyo on my iPhone.

Gutts

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »
Yay!  FROYO has arrived to the EVO.

N`Chync

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 03:10:06 AM »
That's nice! How's the speed when u use it as a mobile hotspot? I been reading that people are dissapointed in speeds.

N`Chync

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »
customization? such as? honestly I think I like the htc features more, but only like qwerty which it annoys me on the epic too. okay i'll probably end up with htc. lols.  I like technical things and customization too.

more features? like? being Android they pretty much have the same things except Evo 4G is up to Android 2.2 while the Epic 4G is still waiting. Evo 4G has HTC Sense which is nicer but Epic 4G will feel snappier with it's processor.

N`Chync

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 03:23:42 PM »
yea i don't like QWERTY keyboards. I'd rather go with full touch screen but the Epic does have one of the best keyboards on a smartphone. Epic 4G has a smaller screen but better display and it takes better pictures too. Evo 4G being on Android 2.2 means u gonna get flash player 10.1. so when u gonna pick up the Evo? my friend was texting me pics just earlier of his 4G speeds and he got as high as 10.36 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. another thing about the Evo 4G is the battery life sucks big time.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 03:30:54 PM by N`Chync »

Gutts

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 09:43:55 AM »
Sweet!  The latest its patch uncapped the 30 fps!  OMG! Woot

N`Chync

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:37:00 PM by N`Chync »

Gutts

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »
I was streaming videos from my computer to my evo last night using vlc converter and player!  Now I can enjoy movies in bed.

N`Chync

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »
Yea it's great being being able access computer from phone. I been doing it for years with Orb.

Advertisements