Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 145696 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #990 on: April 26, 2021, 11:53:27 PM »
Just thought I'd post this here. Someone asked me to share what I thought about true luv and how I want to be treated in a relationship. So here goes... O0

Hello mister. Hello. How are you doing? I hope this email reaches you when you are well rested and with the sun fill blue skies.

So you want to know how I feel about luv? Or you want to know what my definition of true luv is? I'm very much a hopeless romantic (I watch enough heart wrenching Korean/Chinese dramas to dream about what luv should be. However, I am rather practical and a realistic at heart. So as much as I may watch and root for the ugly duckling of Cinderella's to get the charming and successful prince, I know it's "just a dream." Reality doesn't work that way.

True luv? As I've said before, I believe in the concept of luv but I truly have not experienced it myself. So in ways, it isn't "real" to me yet. I also don't believe in the titles. What constitutes the title of boyfriend and girlfriend? Other than a ceremony and a legal documentation, what constitutes a marriage? Some ppl let the title define them and they give into the role of their title. They do things they think boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives are expected to do but maybe they really don't want to. Personally, it's not sincere or genuine then.  Again, I am someone who doesn't like to put expectations on others however, if I see their true actions executed in wanting to be with me, remembering things about me, going out of their way to do things for me (holding the door for me, ordering food for me that I want, holding my hand, or getting something out of my hair) shows me not only that they genuinely care but that they pay some attention to me. I don't want to be waited on or smothered but it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me and my well being. That someone thinks the world of me....that I can be happiness for someone. That is a nice feeling. I think that is what true luv is. Letting someone in while wanting to be the best of friends with your partner and returning the same respect, support, care, and luv back. I too, would luv a relationship when I can connect with someone so well that we don't have to say a word to each other...just one look and we both know what the other person is thinking. Or if we are talking that we can literally finish each other's words. I also think having the same sense of humor is also helpful. It adds to the chemistry that is already there. Lastly, I think no matter what, true luv is purely unconditional. Ultimately though, I have also learned that true luv is when you are selfless. It means whole heartedly luving someone and wanting them to be happy---even if it means w/o you.

How do I want to be luved or treated? In all honesty, if if all of the above is true in my partner then this person will be charmingly honest with me and respect me-all of me, my physical appearance, my personality, my intelligence, my values, my emotional and spiritual well being as well as my flaws. I don't need sweet words in my ear. If anything that can be rather annoying and irritating if it is excessive. I'm not a girl that needs to be swept off my feet. I'm pretty independent so I don't need a lot of praise. Maybe just a helping hand (especially in high places since I'm so short LOL ;D). They will be sensitive to my emotions but also know when to give me a kick in the butt when I am feeling unmotivated and/or down. They will know how to support me when I can't find the drive to get out of bed or cheer me on when I lack the confidence. I don't want them to go out of their way to do things for me but at least find ways to keep my attention. They will battle the struggles in my life with me and be there to celebrate when I have successes and will also welcome me as their cheerleader and my support during their tough times. They will also have me by their side to share the joy in their accomplishment s. I'd like someone who just doesn't want to be my luver but wants to be my confidant and most importantly, a companion.  However, as much as we want to be together we will also understand we need to have our own space and time apart as well. I think this is important. It's not to say that we have to physically stay apart but having our own alone time, time with our own friends, or doing hobbies separately is important. 

Deal breakers for me are liars and cheaters (I see them as the same thing bc if you're cheating then you're already lying). I also do not care for men who are disrespectful (especially to women, children, and the elderly) and I don't like ppl who use derogatory language.

Thank you for sharing what your views are on true luv and how you want to be treated in a relationship. It was nice to know. I feel you are rather more romantic than I am. Just an observation. LOL ;)

Might sound like a lot and maybe it might be complex...whic h is y I'm still single; but I'm not complaining. When u ask, I simply gave the answer.  8)

Kthnxbye!

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #991 on: May 03, 2021, 07:55:29 PM »
Urgh, so suffocating.

Anyway, the niece's third bday was celebrated this weekend. It was hot so eventually we brought out an inflatable kiddie pool. It was a small party but dayem....we were all exhausted.

Anyway, just three more days and my nephew will b here! So excited but I'm not looking forward to my aunty duties for this next week n a half.

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Advertisements