Advertisement

Author Topic: sketch to vector  (Read 11227 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: sketch to vector
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 08:13:50 PM »
That happens...the not drawing anymore.  Yeah, it's amazing how far we've come with technology.  I can't speak for other computers but Apple laptops and desktops don't even have CD players on them anymore.  Imagine the future generations who grow up not even knowing what a CD or CD player is 'cause everything's downloaded directly from an online site or a cloud.

Yeah, that's the thing about painting on canvas vs digital art.  I admit painting was never my thing, cuz I look at the brush and the variation of paint strokes that can be done with it.  The time spent, neck strained over the easel.  I was so into computer art.  However in the end, it didn't replace that which holding the pencil in hand and scribbling my marks on paper.

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
Interesting.  I've never really painted with an easel.  I paint with my kids sometimes with acrylic and watercolor but it's not the same thing. The kids are the artist and I'm just watching them keeping busy ('cause when they are done, and I'm not, I still have to stop).  But, honestly, I am not very good at painting but I'm trying to learn.  I'm just scared of paint and all those colors.  They are supposed to blend together and all but for some reason, I'm afraid to blend them.  I think I've had some bad experiences with blending the wrong colors and having it look horrible.  I'm currently taking an online class on color theory using acrylic paints and matte medium so we'll see how it goes.

True...paper and pencil can never be replaced.  When I use pencil and paper, I'm relaxed.  I have no cares about anything but what I'm sketching.  When I paint, I get nervous...so nervous that I find myself coming on PH so I don't have to think about it or play with the paints...LOL!

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »
Painting with the easel...is a lot about positioning.  One of which I really don't have the time nor patience for.  Artistically everyone has their methods and pursuits, so I cannot rule that it should be done in a certain way.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

mimiko

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
cool

zena

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 02:09:52 PM »

zena

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 02:13:36 PM »
Btw, I can probably do that vector painting in Illustrator now.

Another btw, Illustrator is now on the CC.  I currently have Illustrator CS5.  Couldn't afford to get Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6 so just went with Photoshop 'cause I use it more.

Software technology is moving forward way faster than I can draw or paint.  :-[

Advertisements