Advertisement

Author Topic: Dlaab Ntaws Tsaus  (Read 10027 times)

HmongKnight

Re: Dlaab Ntaws Tsaus
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »
Below are some glowing red mice. In our third world country "Laos", there's no electric lights or lamp anywhere near the jungle.  At night on a full moon, one can walk through the jungle without lights by depending on glowing mushrooms or dead trees. These mushrooms and dead trees won't be so bright if there are street lights, but in the dark it can be real shiny.

The same way these mice works. At night when it really dark, as I mentioned above about third world country without street lights, you can easily see these mice's glow. As I mentioned on my above post that when alot of these mice come together, their body's glow will form a bigger light. Therefore, when our OG saw these red glowing flame in the forest or jungle, they think its a fire burning flame that they thought were carried by some sort of demons.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

HmongKnight

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »
Well, I may have exaggerated a little there about walking in the jungle at night but the point I try to get accross is that Hmong villages in Laos back then are very dark due to the lack of electricity. Anything that glows in the dark can be very bright as I mentioned above at night. These glow in the dark mice can be very bright at night in those dark hmong villages and farms.

I remember the OG mentioned that they even saw these fire flames travel back and forth like these demon come out to play or celebrate. If you look at these mice in their perspective, you will see that at night these mice come out to eat hmong rice in the rice field and are running around back and forth everywhere. It just make perfectly sense to me that the glowing red flames our OG saw are just these glowing in the dark mice coming out to eat rice in the rice farm.

HmongKnight

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
The OG try to scare people off for not going out at night by telling them that those flames are demons coming out at night just like the movie "the Village".. Y'all have got to go see the movie "The Village".. so funny if you think about how uneducated our OGs are..

Eyedumgai

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 07:13:13 AM »
Another assumption is that it's caused by methane gases. This phonomenon is actually more widespread than I thought and is given the name Will-o-the-wisp. There's even a video game character in Final Fantasy given to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o%27-the-wisp

HmongKnight

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »
What I told you guys above is not an assumption, but have been proven by scientist. They set up cameras at night in those places and saw many glowing mice come out during those times.

Gutts

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
I wonder if it was like this:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
OK. Looks like many of you are speaking about what you "have heard." Let me demonstrate to you what I "actually saw."

Each night, I would look out our door from another mountain. The sparks were happening on Mount Phu Chong in the distance. Not sure how far but they were visible enough, I could see the flashes as deep glittery pinkish red sparks.  The sparks shot out from one location in all directions in about equadistant from one another. All tossed out into a radius from their original position where they were once together. Then the sparks would roll back to the center where there first started out. They would shoot out again all at the same time. (See the picture of the fire cracker below for a simulation.)  

Of course, there weren't that many sparks. Just about 5 or 6. They looked round in the distance and not too big. Not even like a tennis ball. Maybe just a bit bigger than a regular marble.  

The sparks were not big enough to create any kind of ray or any kind of light for any one to walk in the dark on.

The elders said those were dab  ntxaug hunting for foods and playing at night. No Hmong was capable of creating those sparks, not even during the war era. Some elders said those sparks have happened long before the war, too, and that's how they have come to be known as dab ntxaug already.

I didn't see just one group. I saw lots of different groups in different locations on Mount Phu Chong.  The groups didn't all spark out at the same time. There were no houses or thatches where those sparks were coming out of. No roads.

Some scientific mind should go and investigate. Just be sure to take a long a shaman's sword with ya!! ;D

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:04:57 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

mofo559

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 12:27:35 AM »
My stepmom says her & her mom has. They would run in crosses & x's & circles & etc. Its really weird.

Advertisements