Advertisement

Author Topic: HMONG FOLKLORE...  (Read 24532 times)

quailman

HMONG FOLKLORE...
« on: December 22, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
WHAT ARE SOME?  I REMEMBERED...

NOT TO POINT AT THE MOON OR THE LADY ON THE MOON WILL COME AND CUT/SLICE A PIECE OF YOUR EAR.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DRTYLUVN

Re: HMONG FOLKLORE...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »
werd O0

rambo

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »
ive seen two ppl that happened to them.. one neighbor thought it was just a joke.. he pointed at the moon that night nd u know what happen the next morning.. a cut on each ear from top to the bottom of his ear.. he said it stings like shizzle! this happened back in 1996.. the other one occurred back in 99 when i told a friend about it nd he didnt believe me so he pointed at the moon.. the next morning he had horizontal cuts on each ear. ppl thought it was a joke but everytime i accidentally points at the moon i always say this one "verse" that ur suppose to say so the "moon lady" wouldnt come nd cut ur ears.. something about chicken & pigs poops come nd cover ur ears.. just something i experienced first hand..!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
ive seen two ppl that happened to them.. one neighbor thought it was just a joke.. he pointed at the moon that night nd u know what happen the next morning.. a cut on each ear from top to the bottom of his ear.. he said it stings like shizzle! this happened back in 1996.. the other one occurred back in 99 when i told a friend about it nd he didnt believe me so he pointed at the moon.. the next morning he had horizontal cuts on each ear. ppl thought it was a joke but everytime i accidentally points at the moon i always say this one "verse" that ur suppose to say so the "moon lady" wouldnt come nd cut ur ears.. something about chicken & pigs poops come nd cover ur ears.. just something i experienced first hand..!

If that's true, then it's not a folkore. It's science! lol

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

LonelyFatGirl

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »

The thing about that is, it doesn't work for everyone. Yes, it goes something like "poop chicken, poop pig".

Peachy Fish

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
WHAT ARE SOME?  I REMEMBERED...

NOT TO POINT AT THE MOON OR THE LADY ON THE MOON WILL COME AND CUT/SLICE A PIECE OF YOUR EAR.

I honestly believe this happened to me.  :'(

When I was 7/8 yrs old, I took a stick and was pointing at the moon and singing and dancing. I still have the cut to this day, but it comes and goes.

Shadow

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »
i pointed at the moon...no cuts on my ear

WhatYogDabTsi

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
i would always do it for fun, "ohh daddy imma get my ear cut off?" "stop that boy!" hahaa... but if two people got it then idk..

Pure-Noob

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 01:18:04 AM »
-don't throw bones in the water when eating at lake, river, forest

-don't throw rocks in water when fishing

-hunting partners should never plan to meet somewhere while hunting

-never say you're going fishing cause the fish will hear and won't bite

-don't shine flashlight up into the sky while lighting storm

-don't eat at forest/ lake without offering to spirits

-don't go swimming at lakes while pregnant

-don't eat garlic/ onion while sick

-yang people can't eat hearts of animals

-vue girls are bad luck. If married to a vue girl, you either have a bad life or die young

-can't whistle at night

-can't fall at funeral

-no pepper served during wedding or it'll cause a bad marriage life

-wife can't enter father in law's room

-can't sit on bucket or kids will be born without an ****

-can't kill a cat

-dreaming of snakes mean you gonna get someone, or get yourself pregnant

-dreaming of yourself dieing means your sickness will be cured

-keep pinching your kid's nasal bridge so it'll grow bigger

-after giving birth, women can't eat nothing but chicken and can't enter other houses for a month

-if a new born cry nonstops or won't grow, then they don't like their name

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
pure-noob, you know tooooo much
i have  herad everyone one of those you metioned before just remembered them when you listed them

Peachy Fish

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »
-don't throw bones in the water when eating at lake, river, forest

-don't throw rocks in water when fishing

-hunting partners should never plan to meet somewhere while hunting

-never say you're going fishing cause the fish will hear and won't bite

-don't shine flashlight up into the sky while lighting storm

-don't eat at forest/ lake without offering to spirits

-don't go swimming at lakes while pregnant

-don't eat garlic/ onion while sick

-yang people can't eat hearts of animals

-vue girls are bad luck. If married to a vue girl, you either have a bad life or die young

-can't whistle at night

-can't fall at funeral

-no pepper served during wedding or it'll cause a bad marriage life

-wife can't enter father in law's room

-can't sit on bucket or kids will be born without an ****

-can't kill a cat

-dreaming of snakes mean you gonna get someone, or get yourself pregnant

-dreaming of yourself dieing means your sickness will be cured

-keep pinching your kid's nasal bridge so it'll grow bigger

-after giving birth, women can't eat nothing but chicken and can't enter other houses for a month

-if a new born cry nonstops or won't grow, then they don't like their name

Nice to know.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »
Pure noob,
I got one that you miss.
-when hunting and calling one another. Don't shoot 3 rounds to call your teamates.
Cause back in Laos. When there's death in a village people would shoot 3 rounds in the air. And the next village would reply back...it's like you calling the dead or you letting people know that someone has died.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:52:05 PM by saki saki »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:12 PM »
Always sleep with your feet facing the door entrance. That way your spririt can see who's coming in or going out.
If you're the type that still get sit on a lot.. try to sleep like that.. it might help you.

Christa

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
Pure-Noob: Some of the things you've mentioned are true, but I think some of them are just preferences among certain clans. Other clans believe that other clans have genetic sickness, men dying young from a certain clan, and so much more. I don't think it's just Vue women that has bad luck as I've seen it with Her's, Thao's, Lee's, Moua's and the rest of the clans. Some believes are just randomly created by parents to scare of their children and it gets passed on.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
Hey guys.  Not to be mean but alot of the OGs do say that Vue girls are Bad luck and will bring you nothing but poor luck.  Maybe its true or maybe it's not, but it happens to everyone not just vue.  I think there is a story about the Vue and why they became a story of bad luck.  I think someone told me once but i mmight forgot.  If anyone knows then let us know.  I only know about the Her Monkey story.

Advertisements