Advertisement

Author Topic: What's the difference of the girl wearing a skirt or a pants for her wedding?  (Read 7412 times)

nkauci123

i dont understand this. does all of this really matters? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

i don't think it'll matters but i loved to see my future wife in a white hmong dress though..

organized-crime

taking part in traditonal hmong weddings and observing the green girls, on the way to her parents' house, she wears the costume of her husband's people.
it could be pants, white skirt, or the green skirt, depending if his family are Hmoob white, green, or stripe.
after the wedding at her house and they are ready to leave,
she wears the traditonal garb of her side of the family as she enters into her new family, depending on what kind of Hmong her dad's people are too.

Like this post: +1

passingby#2

Makes no difference...I wore pants for my wedding.

Like this post: -1

MSV

taking part in traditonal hmong weddings and observing the green girls, on the way to her parents' house, she wears the costume of her husband's people.
it could be pants, white skirt, or the green skirt, depending if his family are Hmoob white, green, or stripe.
she wears the traditonal garb of her side of the family as she enters into her new family, depending on what kind of Hmong her dad's people are too.

Wow. I never knew this.....

chidorix0x

Wow. I never knew this.....

There is no Hmong wedding rule or custom in such matters - what a girl wears, pants or skirt or top for that matter, or does not wear during her wedding, ceremony, and/or celebration. What was said is purely speculative and is unfounded within Hmong wedding custom, culture, or scholarships.

That said, the general norm - though not a rule or is mandatory, is that the girl is dressed in Hmong attire, either in pants or skirt - their personal preference - when going back to her parents' house for the ceremony, and afterwards when leaving to start her newly wed life. More or less, it just signifies that this is a Hmong wedding versus whatever. And though I have never witnessed one, I am sure the bride and groom can easily wear Western clothing - even a tuxedo and wedding gown for that matter if they wanted to -  ::) .

Peachy Fish

This is similar to what I heard...except that when she leaves, she wears what her parents had prepared for it, it could be a traditional garb or not.

night912

i dont understand this. does all of this really matters? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

It means she will be the one wearing the pants in the family. So guys make sure your future wives wears a skirt to your wedding.   ;)

Seriously though, I don't think there is an official dress code. It think it's just what your mom prepared it for you as mentioned above.

Advertisements