Advertisement

Author Topic: Thai Thao from Sounders and FFS  (Read 81470 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Thai Thao from Sounders and FFS
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I know I can't count totally on my 'nice' gov't pension being there for me at retirement either.  Total benefits including my 403b from the education field is not as good compare to when I first started 10 years ago.  I'm sure it's the same everywhere.
  and so you would resort to being conned into buying from FFS then recruit and ask others to buy from you too so that you can build a good retirement?  Why if, in the end it costs you more than you made.  Then what will you do next?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

tubyaj

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I know I can't count totally on my 'nice' gov't pension being there for me at retirement either.  Total benefits including my 403b from the education field is not as good compare to when I first started 10 years ago.  I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

The point is if you have a good goverment job with a pension (or even a private job with good 401k benefit) you at least have that to look forward to.  People who strictly live of these business only do it for the short term...perhaps .  If they don't know how to save or invest what they make they are going to be out of luck in the future.....bes ides the SS.  The Moua fighting machine died broke as a few other hot shots that are back in square one.....MC Hammer yada yada...though he didn't do MLM.  ;D

kavntug

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
  and so you would resort to being conned into buying from FFS then recruit and ask others to buy from you too so that you can build a good retirement?  Why if, in the end it costs you more than you made.  Then what will you do next?

I think you're a bit harsh here and assume things.  My point is that I don't think anyone can count on what they're having anymore and that's all.  Don't jump into conclusion!  Whether anyone is going to buy it from FFS or not, the choice is yours.  We're adults here so whatever you decide will be just fine.  FYI:  I met Mr. Thao a few months ago in Ohio and not once did he try to sell me anything nor ask for my contact info.  As I mentioned on my previous post, I like the guy as a person.  I find him to be very inspirational.  

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
 O0

DeceiversChick

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
Gawd I love meeting old friends!  :2funny:

Anyways on Tue night my s/o and I had dinner at a buffet. Soon as we were done we were walking out and someone tapped me on the shoulders. I turned around and it was an old friend from junior high. I hugged her and we chatted for 5 minutes then exchanged numbers. Next day ( yesterday) she call's me while i was still walking at the lake. She said she was so happy to run into me and would love to invite me over for dinner. Here i'm thinking YES we need to catch up. Then she goes My husband is good friends with Bee and Thai from sounders. They will be in town next week and I would love for you to come over for dinner. Then I said Bee and Thai? Oh they're with FFS right? Then she said Yes they are. I asked Why are they in MN? She said Oh they're here for a convention and were going to stop by so I wanted you to come over for dinner. Then I said OH! I can't cause it'll be a conflict of interest. She said Why? I said Cause I work for an insurance company. Then she asks Which company? Then I told her which one and she said OH that one. Well regardless you should still come over for dinner. Then I told her I also sold makeup on the side and we chatted for a bit. Finally she said I will text you when we have dinner set and you should come over. I told her Yes definitely text me and if time permits i'll stop by.

The second I hung up I turned to my s/o and laughed and said Really? This is what old friends call me up for? He laughed too. I said I'm glad I work in an insurance company cause I can use that it's a conflict of interest as an excuse. He says Yea that's a good one. Then we got in the car and drove off.

So for those who are curious now's your chance to talk to Thai about his successful business. I, in the other hand, am not interested so i will not be attending dinner.  :D

potus

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
don't you love how shady your friends become once they join these mlm companies.  i have never met one person who was upfront about this shit.  why all the stuttering and evasiveness?  it's like you have to learn "shiesty 101" as a prerequisite to joining ffs.  these guys should go read the "living beyond your means" thread in general discussion.   O0

one more thing: dc, according to lue lee, if your friend drives a luxury car then that means she's stinking rich and successful from ffs and that you should grovel at her feet in the hopes that you'll get the privilege to join and learn from the masters of finances; nevermind the fact that they're not qualified for shit.  ;D

kyang81

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »
Gawd I love meeting old friends!  :2funny:

Anyways on Tue night my s/o and I had dinner at a buffet. Soon as we were done we were walking out and someone tapped me on the shoulders. I turned around and it was an old friend from junior high. I hugged her and we chatted for 5 minutes then exchanged numbers. Next day ( yesterday) she call's me while i was still walking at the lake. She said she was so happy to run into me and would love to invite me over for dinner. Here i'm thinking YES we need to catch up. Then she goes My husband is good friends with Bee and Thai from sounders. They will be in town next week and I would love for you to come over for dinner. Then I said Bee and Thai? Oh they're with FFS right? Then she said Yes they are. I asked Why are they in MN? She said Oh they're here for a convention and were going to stop by so I wanted you to come over for dinner. Then I said OH! I can't cause it'll be a conflict of interest. She said Why? I said Cause I work for an insurance company. Then she asks Which company? Then I told her which one and she said OH that one. Well regardless you should still come over for dinner. Then I told her I also sold makeup on the side and we chatted for a bit. Finally she said I will text you when we have dinner set and you should come over. I told her Yes definitely text me and if time permits i'll stop by.

The second I hung up I turned to my s/o and laughed and said Really? This is what old friends call me up for? He laughed too. I said I'm glad I work in an insurance company cause I can use that it's a conflict of interest as an excuse. He says Yea that's a good one. Then we got in the car and drove off.

So for those who are curious now's your chance to talk to Thai about his successful business. I, in the other hand, am not interested so i will not be attending dinner.  :D

I say go, we'll give you a list of questions and you can come back and let us know how it went!  LOL

kyang81

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »
don't you love how shady your friends become once they join these mlm companies.  i have never met one person who was upfront about this shit.  why all the stuttering and evasiveness?  it's like you have to learn "shiesty 101" as a prerequisite to joining ffs.  these guys should go read the "living beyond your means" thread in general discussion.   O0

one more thing: dc, according to lue lee, if your friend drives a luxury car then that means she's stinking rich and successful from ffs and that you should grovel at her feet in the hopes that you'll get the privilege to join and learn from the masters of finances; nevermind the fact that they're not qualified for shit.  ;D

And they say it isn't about recruiting, LOL

https://www.ffs-leaders.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=FpP7W%2FAiUaU%3D&tabid=36

DeceiversChick

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »
I say go, we'll give you a list of questions and you can come back and let us know how it went!  LOL
Actually I can't go cause I would get fired from my current job if my employer found out. Also the friend should know better not to invite me anymore since i work for an insurance company.

However if you're interested in a free dinner I can call her up and she can give you direction. LOL

I had an ex sister in law from WI text me about FFS too. She knew i worked for an insurance company but didn't know what kind of insurance. She asked me if i was interested in becoming an agent. I told her I can't cause it's a conflict of interest and she never asked me again. eheheheh

DeceiversChick

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
don't you love how shady your friends become once they join these mlm companies.  i have never met one person who was upfront about this shit.  why all the stuttering and evasiveness?  it's like you have to learn "shiesty 101" as a prerequisite to joining ffs.  these guys should go read the "living beyond your means" thread in general discussion.   O0

one more thing: dc, according to lue lee, if your friend drives a luxury car then that means she's stinking rich and successful from ffs and that you should grovel at her feet in the hopes that you'll get the privilege to join and learn from the masters of finances; nevermind the fact that they're not qualified for shit.  ;D
Yea that's one thing I dislike. Every pyramid scheme always involve with beating around the bush verbiage as a get together, dinner, etc. Why can't you be upfront and just say I would like to introduce you to FFS leaders and show you some great opportunities.

Quite honestly, if i wanted to be an agent I can. I have the knowledge of annuities and I would be too blunt about the products I sell. I might not make any money though. ahahahah

Funny thing, I didn't ask my friend if she is a FFS rep or not. Most likely she is though. I should text her and ask if she has a luxury car huh? lol

kyang81

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »
Actually I can't go cause I would get fired from my current job if my employer found out. Also the friend should know better not to invite me anymore since i work for an insurance company.

However if you're interested in a free dinner I can call her up and she can give you direction. LOL

I had an ex sister in law from WI text me about FFS too. She knew i worked for an insurance company but didn't know what kind of insurance. She asked me if i was interested in becoming an agent. I told her I can't cause it's a conflict of interest and she never asked me again. eheheheh

No thanks!  LOL I spent an hour arguing with my cousin over FFS.  I recommended that he quit while he was only down a few hundred bucks but he insisted that I join and that we would make it big together.  I laughed many times in his face, he kept insisting that we would make it big, he said he was going to rack in 20k in less than 6 months  :2funny:.  

I'm from California anyways, they're always herding folks into their local regional offices here to join, I've had more than 15 people call me out of nowhere or text me out of nowhere that I haven't spoken to in years to come and sit down with them for a business opportunity.  It's amazing how much your friendship means to one when they need you to do them a favor! LOL

tubyaj

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »

Perhaps but you shouldn't have second guessed your old friend for inviting you over for dinner.  She didn't directly say it was a business dinner.  I have had food with TT a few times in the past in various functions and nothing about MLM was ever talked.  Although you do have a few people asking him what he does then he explains it but that's it.  There's nothing wrong about trying to establish friendship and leaving the business aside.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »
No thanks!  LOL I spent an hour arguing with my cousin over FFS.  I recommended that he quit while he was only down a few hundred bucks but he insisted that I join and that we would make it big together.  I laughed many times in his face, he kept insisting that we would make it big, he said he was going to rack in 20k in less than 6 months  :2funny:.  

I'm from California anyways, they're always herding folks into their local regional offices here to join, I've had more than 15 people call me out of nowhere or text me out of nowhere that I haven't spoken to in years to come and sit down with them for a business opportunity.  It's amazing how much your friendship means to one when they need you to do them a favor! LOL
  :2funny: :2funny:

hmoobxwbos

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
I doubt she's going to call you again or re-establish that friendship.

And of course with Thai and Bee, they use “The Sounders” as a way to entice new members.  ::)

potus

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
i've had the pleasure of sitting through a presentation from an acquaintance trying to sell "retirement" packages to me from ffs.  the way she stuttered through that sales pitch was cringe inducing;  very similar to back in highschool when that shy hmong girl would have to get up in front of the class and give a speech.  i didn't have time to waste sitting there while she regained her composure and read off her script so i simply told her thanks but no thanks and that i've been in business for myself for quite awhile and retirement planning had already taken care of by my financial advisor.

i also sat through a presentation for world financial group and the experience was very similar...not a shock!  unqualified rookie tries to stutter his way through a sales pitch for me to join while his "upline" stood there and watched in case i had questions because, of course, the rookie doesn't know anything about their company, complan or products.

these companies and uplines do more harm than good to their reputation when they recruit people who have no business in sales.  maybe they should require their "salesforce" to take public speaking and negotiations classes.

Advertisements