Advertisement

Author Topic: Thai Thao from Sounders and FFS  (Read 81472 times)

kyang81

Re: Thai Thao from Sounders and FFS
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »
i've had the pleasure of sitting through a presentation from an acquaintance trying to sell "retirement" packages to me from ffs.  the way she stuttered through that sales pitch was cringe inducing;  very similar to back in highschool when that shy hmong girl would have to get up in front of the class and give a speech.  i didn't have time to waste sitting there while she regained her composure and read off her script so i simply told her thanks but no thanks and that i've been in business for myself for quite awhile and retirement planning had already taken care of by my financial advisor.

i also sat through a presentation for world financial group and the experience was very similar...not a shock!  unqualified rookie tries to stutter his way through a sales pitch for me to join while his "upline" stood there and watched in case i had questions because, of course, the rookie doesn't know anything about their company, complan or products.

these companies and uplines do more harm than good to their reputation when they recruit people who have no business in sales.  maybe they should require their "salesforce" to take public speaking and negotiations classes.

My cousin attended one last week, he said the speaker couldn't even speak proper english and what he was trying to explain in english didn't even coincide with what was in the slide show. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DeceiversChick

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »
Quite honestly it's true. Majority of these so called agents do not know what they're selling.  I called the agents regarding the clients policy half of the time they didn't knowwhat they were selling. All they knew were it's just an annuity/life product.  Heck they didn't know what a rollover vs transfer vs 1035exchange was! Also they have no clue about NAIC state replacements. Every state differs and little do they explain what a replacement is or know what a replacement does.

This is just sad. I know there are hardworking financial advisors who does care and do know their shiet. They've been in business for 30+ years and know the in's and out of the financial industry but these newbies are just killing it.

tubyaj

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
Quite honestly it's true. Majority of these so called agents do not know what they're selling.  

This is just sad. I know there are hardworking financial advisors who does care and do know their shiet. They've been in business for 30+ years and know the in's and out of the financial industry but these newbies are just killing it.

True.  A simple farmer can't just be a financia advisor overnight with a few seminars..... ;D

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
I have a neice who came to me telling me to go work with her.  Telling me that she makes as much in 2 months as I do in a year... I told her good for her but I'm not interested...  ::)  She was quite relentless and started a spiel that when I'm old, wrinkled and still working she'll be well off and retired in the Bahamas.  God I don't get why people say this kind of shit.

Now, she makes $13 an hour doing some kind of reception work... And then blames it on you for not helping her make money buy being part of her chain... sheesh... some people will never learn.

I know, right? Almost every person whom comes to me and persuade me will use the same line.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2011, 03:15:27 PM »
Sometimes they don't talk about how much more they're making than you are.  They tell you that they know this guy from Sounders who's making $$$ in the company and they also know XYZ who's making $$$ in the company and ....

You get the drift.

oh wait.. the point of it all:
In a good company, you're making the money.  In a bad company, you know people who are making money.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:17:21 PM by YAX »

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2011, 03:10:55 AM »
You guys make me nervous.  I got a product from FFS, and am now debating on it... However, much of the complaint has been about the agents themselves, and not so much about their products.  Sh-it, I should do more research... *sigh

Similarly to stories before, my Uncle is in FFS and has been pestering us to join, but we refused.  He keeps telling us our education and degrees mean nothing. Business is the way to go.  I just roll my eyes, eat my bagel, and walk out the door.  But I'm guessing he's making enough money to be so persistent... Dude travels everywhere! 

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:13:48 AM by Lady_Fallin »

DeceiversChick

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
You guys make me nervous.  I got a product from FFS, and am now debating on it... However, much of the complaint has been about the agents themselves, and not so much about their products.  Sh-it, I should do more research... *sigh

I'm going through a FFS agent and the company they contract with are not bad. I'm getting life insurance for my mom. The product and company are the same whereever you go. The FFS agent is actually a family friend and she is NOTHING like the other FFS agent. She doesn't bull shiet around, doesn't give you the runaround, doesn't recruit, and keeps me on tabs with the whole pending app. She has not utter one word about recruiting or how rich she will be in 2 years.

Now this is one agent I rather work with.  O0 8)  

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
I'm going through a FFS agent and the company they contract with are not bad. I'm getting life insurance for my mom. The product and company are the same whereever you go. The FFS agent is actually a family friend and she is NOTHING like the other FFS agent. She doesn't bull shiet around, doesn't give you the runaround, doesn't recruit, and keeps me on tabs with the whole pending app. She has not utter one word about recruiting or how rich she will be in 2 years.

Now this is one agent I rather work with.  O0 8) 

Thanks DC. :) That makes me feel a bit more confident in their product... but not so much their agents... :D

DeceiversChick

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »
Thanks DC. :) That makes me feel a bit more confident in their product... but not so much their agents... :D
Well every company and product is going to vary. You will have to trust your agent and do your homework on which one is suitable for you.

rice4u

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2011, 02:17:29 PM »
I'm assuming FFS is a life insurance/retirement saving company?  What I don't understand is WHY so many Hmong get in these MLM or multi-level-marketing (tree,chain whatever you call it) business?  I remember last summer when my wife and I visit my in laws in Fresno and one of these insurance company agent came to present slide show for my wife's older sister. She was an easily trick person and almost felt for it, BUT lucky I was there. I told my wife to tell her (in private of course) she don't speak a lick of English and no experience in sales why the "F" she going to give out her hard earned money away,  But I gotta give props to that Hmong saleswoman, she dress in a tight black pant and tight blue shirt, very attractive, I'm sure if her client was a guy she probably got him to join. She was trying to get me to join, but I keep on changing the subject and joke here and there with her.

The wife was jealous or mad LOL and the saleswoman went home dry and empty hand.

Hmong especially the younger generation should look into THE INTERNET, there are billions yes billions with a "B" to be made instead of joining those company and you have to work your a$$ off, driving, presentation,etc....  You will never like the "American Dream" on those kind of job.

We're living in AmeLeeKa. Phooj Ywg Peb need to work smarter and not harder (think i spell it right lol).

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:26:19 PM by rice4u »

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
So I heard that Thai Thao from Sounders who is also a lead guy in First Financial Security is making $40,000/month; that's $480,000/year?

That's a lot of money. Any truth to this?

I recall a Kungfu story where a Kungfu master beat up 4 of the Chinese Emperial soldiers.  By the time the story reached the Emperor, everyone said that he killed 40,000 soldiers. ;)

yuknowthat

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »
You guys make me nervous.  I got a product from FFS, and am now debating on it... However, much of the complaint has been about the agents themselves, and not so much about their products.  Sh-it, I should do more research... *sigh

Similarly to stories before, my Uncle is in FFS and has been pestering us to join, but we refused. He keeps telling us our education and degrees mean nothing. Business is the way to go. I just roll my eyes, eat my bagel, and walk out the door.  But I'm guessing he's making enough money to be so persistent... Dude travels everywhere! 

did he really tell you that? really? well go them him how did he got his job and business....he did go to school to learn and be educated right? and a degree only shows that you have experiences and mastered in that field you were going through.. degree means nothing if you don't know how to use it..and company now and days will just not hired somebody from outside with a negotiation salary with bonus that easy no more, they rather hired someone with in the business with a lower salary offer and bonus because it'll see keep their business alive..that's why you see many with a degree and spending 8 years or so on it and comes out with no job..the best way to do it is ..be in that job field that you wanted to be whether it's a part time job or full time job and go to school to earn a degree on it..

DeceiversChick

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
Last night the bf's younger brother ( he's 20) and I all went out for dinner. We were all chatting and he mentioned that he wants to start his own business. The bf asked what kind of business? He said Life Insurance. Then the bf asked What company? The younger brother said FFS. The bf and our eyes lit up! LOL

The bf gave his two cents I gave mine. Overall the younger brother wants to make more money on the side. I said He should do it and experience it for himself so he knows what he is getting himself into. The bf said No cause it's not worth his time and he needs to attend college. Thats a better investment.

The chat went on and on and we will see if the younger brother will be doing FFS.  ;D

Foreverme

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
Its crazy how one hmong man starts to make money in an area that most successful people do and he becomes a scam.  Ppl wants to see his profit his 1099, his way of living etc... However, when we see successful mainstream ppl make millions they are envied.  Thai Thao can make however much he wants...he is who he is because he, like any wealthy person worked hard for it.  We should applaud that now Hmong people are fighting to become as wealthy as other nationalities.  Geesh grow up!  GO THAI!  For fighting through all these criticisms.  Im sure like most successful ppl he is as humble and a great guy!!  Leave him alone.  Those who bash most, I am sure envy most.  I applaud Thai thao and all those who are successful in any area!  You are truly role models for most of us. 

Foreverme

« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
The product is great.  They are a marketing company that markets for a company that has been around for over 100 years.  Best product out right now.  Keep it...i have it for my kids and my husband and I.  We love it...2 years and our money has grown so well!!  So dont listen to others.  I did all my research already.  Some ppl are just negative...

Advertisements