Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 432369 times)

Ajax616

Re: To the person that I want to be
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
You have mentioned Sun Tzu a couple of times, and I have never replied along that line of thinking, because I kept focusing on thinking of our trading plan as a 70% weighted coin in our favor.

I remember Sun Tzu's talk of failure to follow an order.  If there is failure to follow an order, there are only two reasons,  1. The order wasn't clear and its the commander's fault, or 2 the order wasn't executed properly and that is the subordinate's fault.

Okay, when we do not achieve our objective in trading.  There are only two reasons.  1.  Our trading plan wasn't good enough.   2.  If our trading plan is good enough, then we not are executing it properly.

I feel that given the fact that we have quantified our entry brings more objectivity to analysis and making our trading much closer to being good enough.  Therefore it now becomes our responsibility to execute the plan properly.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:22:04 PM by Ajax616 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
In over extended situations, do hot go against recent an Engulfing Bar.

Ajax616

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
"Success is the steady progress towards the goal you set, daily, weekly, monthly, for your life, for you family, for use business, for your self.

If a man tells me, pretty soon I am cashing it all in and I am going to head for the mountains and live in a cabin and feed the squirrels and live off the land.

I am telling you that if I get a report later than said that this man did that, cashed it all in, head for the mountains, bought a cabin, is feeding the squirrels and living off the land.

If I were to hear that, I would say this man is a smashing success." - Jim Rohn  (part 24 at the 6:30 minute)

Ajax616

« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
Grace, thank you for coming into my life.  Please always stay at my side and never leave.

Ajax616

« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2012, 09:24:28 AM »

David Nassar on Exiting.

Doing the right thing may not seem easy at first, but once you form the habit of cutting losses quickly, it becomes quite routine and very gratifying.  Taking the devil's advice will prove very damaging very fast, but in time you will not hear from him anymore. 

Ajax616

« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
I guess found out that I am still paying my breaking my trading rules in NVLS and RHT.  Because my entries and entries, I was restricted from entering a trade, that is now very profitable.

Yes, if I break a rule by taking an action based on desires or negative emotions, it sill make the situation 3 times worst.....

Ajax616

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2012, 06:02:19 PM »
LRCX VS COG

There difference here is that COG had major resistance.  LRCX was against major support.  It looked like it was breaking down, but that was deceptive, because it buying NVLS and that created a fall in the stock.

There with Resistance wins.   Against support lost.

Ajax616

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Did you see TEN?  My paper trade reached target today.  The lesson I learn from this is do not mess around.  Because I messed around in RHT and NVLS (got in too big with no reason except they were too high, after BBBY for the same reason of irritation).  Later in the day, I cut my position down to half.  They were considered day trades, and so I was limited to one entry per day (for the next 5 days).  I tried to enter Ten, but my order was rejected.

My trades in RHT and NVLS were stopped out, and as a result, I could not get into a good trade too.  The lesson is not in TEN, but my lesson from this is never mess around by breaking rules or taking actions based on fear and desires, because it will make the situation at least three times worst.

Ajax616

« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
I know for options it matters, because implied volatility, but does Earnings matter in my Equity Trading?  I don't think it does, but let's keep that in mind.

Ajax616

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2012, 09:30:03 AM »
Will we run through periods of less than 50% accuracy?  Just because that is the way it works, and then it will be followed with 90% percent accuracy on more trades too?  Just curious so I am putting this thought down here.

Ajax616

« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
Tight Bollinger Bands works best in S2 scenarios, not necessarily S1....

Ajax616

« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Gold stocks have their own Market Direction VIX, because they do not follow the logic of the market.  The reason is that sometimes Gold stocks are used as hedges, therefore the market can be going down, but they are going up.

So many times, use a .5 for the criteria.

Ajax616

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2012, 06:44:56 AM »
I do not like Drinking, as it can easily create an undesirable habit.  Every time I drink, when it doesn't make sense logically, I have put the poison in my mind before putting it in my body.

I do not want to start drinking again ever.

Ajax616

« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »
Fundamentals of a Winning Attitude.
1. Always be excited.
2. Stop making excuses.
3. Always be "up."
4. Make a total commitment.

Attitude isn't just a little thing, it's everything. Three rules that are critical to our success in all areas of life:
1. Always be positive
2. Always be positive
3. Always be positive

Thank you for these words today.

Ajax616

« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »
I came across this yesterday....

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
 - Aristotle

Advertisements