Advertisement

Author Topic: iPad: What's your pros and cons?  (Read 8771 times)

zena

iPad: What's your pros and cons?
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »
I am thinking of getting one and am curious about what you think about them.  I heard that the iPad has the most apps available out there and that's one reason why I'd like one.  I really don't know what else I would use it for except to surf the web and take up more of my time. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

tetrapod

Re: iPad: What's your pros and cons?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
I used an iPad before.  I don't like it.

But if I have money I would love to turn an iPad into a huge GPS for my car.  :)

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 05:57:04 PM »
It's nice but I'm not into tablets. My smartphone is my bridge to my computer when I'm away from the computer.

zena

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »
I used an iPad before.  I don't like it.

But if I have money I would love to turn an iPad into a huge GPS for my car.  :)

What did you use it for?

It's nice but I'm not into tablets. My smartphone is my bridge to my computer when I'm away from the computer.

What's nice about it?  I've never used an iPad before but I think having that large screen when I'm chillin on the deck or watching tv with the family to do some work stuff might be nice.

tubyaj

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
Pros:
1. Nice large screen.
2. Hundreds of thousands of apps.

Cons:
1. Expensive
2. Doesn't support Flash

Might want to wait and check out the new Amazon Kindle Fire...it has a smaller screen and no camera but it's only $200.

Eyedumgai

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:00:27 PM »
Pro: Fun to do all sorts of things with the device, from games to productivity activities.
Con: The kids are always fighting over it.

The Ipad will suit your needs well with what you described there. However, it is a bit expensive for something that looks nothing more than a screen. But boy, is it fun!

Eyedumgai

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »
Did you guys know that the CPU on the Ipad was used on Jet Fighters?  The company was acquired by Apple for that technology only?
Didn't know that. But the iPhone 4S now uses the same CPU as the iPad 2.

evil-in-deed

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
ipad + skype = cellphone/video calls - phone contracts...

jailbreak...

we just need voice(video) messages...

tetrapod

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
What did you use it for?

I used for reading email and checking out the news.

zena

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:34:50 AM »
Pros:
1. Nice large screen.
2. Hundreds of thousands of apps.

Cons:
1. Expensive
2. Doesn't support Flash

Might want to wait and check out the new Amazon Kindle Fire...it has a smaller screen and no camera but it's only $200.

That's true.  The big screen and all the apps are a real big + for me.  I heard a little about the Kindle but I don't know if I can deal with a smaller screen and the limited apps.  I'm willing to pay a little more for those things, but I know that the iPad is very pricey.

Wait for Ipad 3 (in HD - 1080p)

- 10W PC
- Quick boot PC
- Awesome Apps for kids
- Good way to kill time without having to turn on a real PC

List goes on.  I <3 it.  Wish I had one or two more.

When does it come out?  I just might wait.

Pro: Fun to do all sorts of things with the device, from games to productivity activities.
Con: The kids are always fighting over it.

The Ipad will suit your needs well with what you described there. However, it is a bit expensive for something that looks nothing more than a screen. But boy, is it fun!

I know my girls will fight over it but if it works out, I'll have to get them their own (to share between them, of course).  I totally agree that it's really just a waste but I love the idea that I can take it with me and that I can waste more time with all this stuff that I don't need.  It makes no sense but I think you're right, it'll be a lot of fun.

Did you guys know that the CPU on the Ipad was used on Jet Fighters?  The company was acquired by Apple for that technology only?

Interesting.  Steve Jobs was a genius.

ipad + skype = cellphone/video calls - phone contracts...

jailbreak...

we just need voice(video) messages...

That's great! I rarely use my phone so this will be awesome!

I used for reading email and checking out the news.

You mean, you didn't spend endless days and nights playing with the apps?  Or, did it just get monotonous?

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »
I have had an iPad I. Not big on apps. It was too slow compared to my MacBook. (I'm not very patient). It annoyed me, waiting for a page to load. I barely used it so I gave it to my lil bro n sis.... Since then, they've DL'ed a bunch of apps on it and jalibroke it. Home WiFi works fast, but I'm never home so it didn't suit me.

Bob_J.D.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
iPad is awesome, I use it as a big ole gps when I'm flying and it has all the charts I need.  My kid loves playing math games, she can add and spell words at 4 years old because of using the apps.

bob

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
We should be receiving ours today.  I'm very excited. 

tetrapod

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »
It would be nice to have super muncher on it.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »
It's a lot fun to use.  It's much easier to peruse than on an iphone or ipod touch.  The speaker is pretty amazing as well. Facetime streams good and apps boot up pretty fast.  I haven't tested out the 3G just yet or even a data plan but I don't think I'll need it anytime soon.

By the way, has anyone tried syncing a bluetooth keyboard or even a mouse to it? 

Advertisements