Advertisement

Author Topic: A Pharaoh’s Autobiography: A Quail's Journey through Life and Death  (Read 21249 times)

JustMe

Re: A Pharaoh’s Autobiography: A Quail's Journey through Life and Death
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »
Really? So there is a whole community of Hmong ppl there? I figured more Hmong ppl would live there since the weather's more like Laos. Don't know how my family all ended up in freezing cold WI. ::) Must be nice to be in FL around this time of year! U lucky. O0

Yeah, its nice this time of year.. Today is like 81 degrees outside.  Yeah we have a small community.. People move here all the time, I even saw former house of representative Cy Thao fishing on Saturday..  :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Calypso

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »
Yeah, its nice this time of year.. Today is like 81 degrees outside.  Yeah we have a small community.. People move here all the time, I even saw former house of representative Cy Thao fishing on Saturday..  :2funny: :2funny:

81 degrees? Ur making me jealous. I've always wanted to move down south to someplace warmer... but too hard to leave all my family so I'm stuck here. Oh well. I like the 4 seasons too tho. Just wonderin--do u guys still get sick during the winter time? Colds, flu, and stuff that we get up here? (I know, stupid question, but just always wondered ;D )

JustMe

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
81 degrees? Ur making me jealous. I've always wanted to move down south to someplace warmer... but too hard to leave all my family so I'm stuck here. Oh well. I like the 4 seasons too tho. Just wonderin--do u guys still get sick during the winter time? Colds, flu, and stuff that we get up here? (I know, stupid question, but just always wondered ;D )

We get colds here and there that last a couple days.. I get my yearly flu shot so I don't get it..  :2funny: The warm weather definately helps though.. Maybe we are just able to go outside and be more active..  O0 Living here is a lot different than in the midwest.  It's more laid back, you don't get to see people as often as you'd like but then you get to do things you want on the weekends too.   O0 But I enjoy it, it has forced me to slow down.. Either that or age is getting to me..  :2funny:

Calypso

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
Age? U look about 18 in that avatar pic! And in the other one u used to have, u looked 14. U must age fast. ;D

JustMe

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
Age? U look about 18 in that avatar pic! And in the other one u used to have, u looked 14. U must age fast. ;D

Apperances can fool you.. I'm much older than my picture.   O0

JustMe

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
Good morning, I'm 2 days old now and I already doubled my size.  J has been grinding our game bird starter feed for us.  I can hear the grinder working in the morning before he feeds us.  My siblings sure eat alot, pooping all over.  Last night J added 3 more siblings to our group.  They must have hatched late. They are eating and drinking and very active.  Well I gotta go back to eating and pooping. 

Calypso

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »
Apperances can fool you.. I'm much older than my picture.   O0

Well, u can't be that much older if u don't know how to read and write Hmong. :P :D

JustMe

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:30 AM »
Well, u can't be that much older if u don't know how to read and write Hmong. :P :D

I know how to read and write hmong.. Nyob Zoo Xyooj Tshiaj.. Happy New Year O0

Calypso

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
I know how to read and write hmong.. Nyob Zoo Xyooj Tshiaj.. Happy New Year O0

Oh really. Koj puas paub hais lug hmoob thiab?

What'd I just say? ;D

JustMe

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Oh really. Koj puas paub hais lug hmoob thiab?

What'd I just say? ;D

Kuv Paub hais lug hmoob mas..  :P

Calypso

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
I betcha u had to go look that up in some hmong dictionary or something. ;D Oh well, keep it up and you'll learn how to read and write Hmong eventually. O0

Calypso

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2012, 10:15:49 AM »
Btw, it'd be awesome if ur quail bird decided to write his next journal entry in Hmong. ;) :2funny:

JustMe

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
I betcha u had to go look that up in some hmong dictionary or something. ;D Oh well, keep it up and you'll learn how to read and write Hmong eventually. O0

That one was pretty easy.. I can sound out words and recognize patterns of speech enough to figure it out.  It is just the more complex sentences I get lost..

Btw, it'd be awesome if ur quail bird decided to write his next journal entry in Hmong. ;) :2funny:

LOL.. I have to ask him.. Maybe Dr Tom needs a journal..  :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
Did they all hatch?  You turned it off.  It was very interesting watching the chicks run around just a few hours after they hatched.

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

JustMe

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »
I only got 50% or so hatch..  :'( :'( I check a few of them but no chicks in them.. just egg yolk.. so the males are not doing their jobs correctly..

Advertisements