Advertisement

Author Topic: Newborn baby found alive in morgue 12 hours after being declared dead  (Read 5509 times)

couchpotato

What would have happened if the mother and father had not decided to go look at their baby one last time?  :( :-\

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/newborn-baby-found-alive-morgue-12-hours-being-175501352.html

A newborn in Argentina was found very much alive in a morgue by her mother 12 hours after hospital staff had declared the baby dead.

The mother, Analia Bouguet, tells TeleNoticias TV that the hospital still has issued her only a death certificate for the infant rather than a birth certificate. Bouguet said she is planning to pursue a medical malpractice suit.

The Daily Mail reports that the baby was Bouguet's fifth and was born prematurely.

Two hours after being issue a death certificate, Bouguet and her husband visited the morgue because they wanted to see their child one more time.

"The baby was there and they put the little casket on a stretcher. We looked for a bar to pry it open," the baby's father, Fabian Veron, said in a press conference. "My wife looked and uncovered it slowly. She saw the little hand and then uncovered the face. That's when it let the first little cry out."

"That night, we went to the morgue. We wanted to take a photo of our daughter," Bouguet told Argentina's Clarin newspaper. "But when a worker opened the drawer, we heard a cry and she was alive."

The newborn has been named Luz Milagros, or "Miracle Light." She is still listed as being in critical condition but is said to be improving. The deputy provincial health minister announced that five medical professionals involved in the case have been suspended, pending further investigation.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Calypso

Re: Newborn baby found alive in morgue 12 hours after being declared dead
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 09:17:44 AM »
 :o

Thank goodness they went back to see her again. What a miracle.

But I wonder why the hospital declared her dead...

Peachy Fish

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
I saw this on the news. It's a wonderful thing that they went back for their child.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:31:16 PM »
Potato, I think they would have buried the baby alive if the parents had not gone back to have one more look.

Maybe this is why people often want to see their dead ones one last time? That includes the Hmong.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements