Advertisement

Author Topic: School is done...see what you've learned.  (Read 14081 times)

Offline cranium

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: School is done...see what you've learned.
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
Terminal nerve, aka cranial nerve zero  :D

Like this post: 0

"Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, someone will win; but in the end, you BOTH are retarded!"

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »
C'mon man, there's no never zero, is there?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline cranium

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »
Why not? Look up CN 0 aka terminal nerve.  ;D

"Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, someone will win; but in the end, you BOTH are retarded!"

King_Kong

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »
I guess I'll play along...

What does the animal zygote undergo?

Succubus

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 09:32:30 AM »
Since a zygote is the union of an egg and sperm, it will undergo cleavage first.

Succubus

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 09:41:43 AM »
Assuming that the zygote will survive and becomes a human baby,

1) The sex chromosome is XY... What happens if  the mullerian inhibiting substance is allowed to function normally and not stoppted?

King_Kong

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 07:45:55 AM »
Now you've got me pondering..... . We are familiar with "shemales" but, what the heck would you call a man with an actual vagina?...... :o :o :o

Succubus

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
Only two ways a man can have a vagina

1)  The mullerian inhibiting substance works, ie the Y chromosome is functional; therefore all the internal organs are male.  What failed to developed properly is the secondary sex organs, which is under the control of the testes.  The testes did not function properly and the receptors failed to get the signal to develop secondary sex organs. 

2) Vaginoplasty

Like this post: +1

King_Kong

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 07:35:27 AM »
Another one,

You just fell into the freezing cold water while visiting a polar bear exibition in the North Pole, your body starts showing frostbites; ultimately you would die but, what happens to your body if you cannot get treated?

Succubus

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »
1) Shiver to generate heat
2) Feel hungry and nausea (body is demanding food to supply the energy needed for creating heat)
3) Once you pass that stage, apathy sets in.  Core body temp drops further.
4) Confusion
5) Lethargy
6) Slur speech with transient consciousness
7) Coma
8) Eternal slumber

Right?

Succubus

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 08:00:37 AM »
You went to a Halloween Party.  A man dressed up as Papa Smurf showed up.  Impressed by his extremely detailed custom, you asked what he used to dye his entire body?  He said that he has a medical condition, and this is what happened once treatment started.

1) What is his condition?

2) What is the treatment?

King_Kong

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
Maybe I worded the question too "broad"... I was looking for things like Ischemia and etc.

I'm sorry but, I don't know what a Papa Smurf is.... I'm assuming this condition has something to do with pigments.

BTW, what are you aiming to become in the medical field? A certain specialty?

Just curious from another future medical professional. :) O0

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:16:24 AM by King_Kong »

Succubus

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 07:42:33 AM »
1) Shiver to generate heat
2) Feel hungry and nausea (body is demanding food to supply the energy needed for creating heat)
4) Confusion
5) Lethargy
7) Coma
8) Eternal slumber

Right?

1) Shiver to generate heat...peripheral vasoconstricti on...maintain core temp...preserv e core temp.
chemorecptor in the medulla will trigger hunger and nausea
4) Confusion
5) Lethargy
7) Coma
8) Eternal slumber

3-8  The extreme cold will cause complete vasoconstricti on leading to tissue ischemia then necrosis.  All the blood will be diverted to vital organs only.  In time, the core temperature cannot be maintained. The body slows down all metabolism.  This will effect all aspect of the body.  Your brain is the last organ to go.  Even with extreme bradycardia, the brain will extract as much as it can.  Therefore, even after the heart has stopped, a person can still be resuscitate back to life.  Once the point of no return has reached (about 6 minutes--brain dead), all hope is gone.

Succubus

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Maybe I worded the question too "broad"... I was looking for things like Ischemia and etc.

I'm sorry but, I don't know what a Papa Smurf is.... I'm assuming this condition has something to do with pigments.

BTW, what are you aiming to become in the medical field? A certain specialty?

Just curious from another future medical professional. :) O0

I am an M.D. only on Pebhmong.  Working on my Ph.D. in Pebhmong as well.  I also freelance as an armchair anthropologist in many of these forums.

In the medical field, only a small bit of information is given to you.  You must find those details and formulate the possibilities.  The man in question has blue skin.  He did not dye his skin for any reason.  (Blue skin)  He stated that he has a medical condition.  After he started treatment, his skin turned blue.

In medicine, you are expected to work backwards.  So, his blue skin must be a side effect of a treatment.  Next, what drug would do this?  Once you know the drug, you know what kind of medical condition he has.

Another way of asking the same question (the above is what separates an A student from an average one).  A man comes to your ER with syncope.  A battery of tests were done.  The diagnoses was confirmed with an EKG (bingo).  You prescribed a medication and was sent home after overnight observation.  This same man showed up a month later with blue skin.  He stated that nothing changed in his life.  He asked if eating blueberries could have caused this?  What was his condition and what medication was given?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 09:04:08 AM »
You went to a Halloween Party.  A man dressed up as Papa Smurf showed up.  Impressed by his extremely detailed custom, you asked what he used to dye his entire body?  He said that he has a medical condition, and this is what happened once treatment started.

1) What is his condition?

2) What is the treatment?

I know the answer to this, I forgot what it's called.  He was eating something and it was stored in his body turning his skin a blue-ish color. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements