Advertisement

Author Topic: School is done...see what you've learned.  (Read 14067 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: School is done...see what you've learned.
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 09:06:00 AM »
It's this!  I saw this on YouTube a while ago. 

He is the human beast!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qpP-0okXm4o

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Succubus

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 12:45:24 PM »
That guy on Youtube had a skin condition and he put something on his skin to treat it.  Wrong answer.  Try again.

The guy at the Halloween Part, aka Papa Smurf, had a condition that was confirmed by EKG (1)?  He was treated for this condition.  He came back and looking all blue.  What medication was given to him (2)?

1) What was the medical condition?
2) What was the drug?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
Man, I don't know but from your clues and my limited medical knowledge I'm going to add that to my logic...  And say he was having a heart attack? Myocardial infarction? 

Blue guy=cyanosis
Papa smurf=cyanosis over the whole body? (Is that even possible?)
But you ran an EKG=so that's means the diagnosis has something to do with the heart?
Cyanosis means blue usually from lack of blood. Heart pumps the blood.

So that's how we come to my conclusion.  Treatment isssss nitroglycerin under the tongue?

Speaking of heart attacks....  Reminds me of a story I thought was funnie.  Anyways, there was this kid that had s.o.b. in my head I was like "he's just a weakass".  But anyways so the paramedics were on scene and they tossed him up on the stretcher....
Then all of a sudden the kid starts freaking out and starts saying "my right arm! It's going numb! I can't feel it! It's starting to go numb!!"  I guess he thought he was having a heart attack. Then the paramedic says to him "it's just the blood pressure cuff, relax".  Hahah. Halarious. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Succubus

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
Papa Snuff had an arrhythmia that was confirmed by EKG. Amiodarone is a drug that can be used to treat this.  One of the few bad side effects is a permanent bluish gray skin.

biggieT

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »
I've learned that you can have all the book smarts in existence, but if you can't apply it to the real world, it's worthless.

Succubus

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 12:50:25 AM »
I've learned that you can have all the book smarts in existence, but if you can't apply it to the real world, it's worthless.

That is so true. Luckily, I am neither smart nor wise so I have nothing to prove.  I am here out of boredom and for entertainment only.

Here is an easier one: what disease is the result of too much dopamine?  Conversely, name the disease if the level of dopamine is too low?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
The answers you seek is in the true story movie "Awakenings" with Robin Williams.

Good movie and there was a part I thought was funnie.

Succubus

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
Here's another one:

An older Hmong guy complains about abdominal pain.  He presents with rebound tenderness.  Does not feel like eating or drinking.  In the prone position, leg raise is painful.  Jumping up and down elevate his pain to a 10 of out 10.  Everything points towards appendicitis.. .except, the pain is localized on the left side and NOT at Mcburney's point.  What can it be?

Offline cranium

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »
Here's another one:

An older Hmong guy complains about abdominal pain.  He presents with rebound tenderness.  Does not feel like eating or drinking.  In the prone position, leg raise is painful.  Jumping up and down elevate his pain to a 10 of out 10.  Everything points towards appendicitis.. .except, the pain is localized on the left side and NOT at Mcburney's point.  What can it be?

Not all appendicitis present with RLQ pain.
Ddx: appendicitis, perforated appendicitis, perforated diverticulitis, diverticulitis, u/c
Mgmt: npo, Iv fluids, morphine, ct scan, prophylaxis abx zosyn for intra-abdominal coverage. Consult surgery for evaluation.
Labs: CBC w diff, chem 7, LFT, amylase, lipase, lactic acid,

"Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, someone will win; but in the end, you BOTH are retarded!"

Offline cranium

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »

Real case during my training years-

40 yo F, hx of seronegative spondyloarthro pathy, previously on Enbrel, presents to the ER with a complaint of abdominal pain and SOB. On examination, abdomen was distended with diffuse petechiae.  She complains of a burning like sensation to the skin. Pain is 10/10. Non radiating. Vitals: 95/76, 124, 20, 98.0, 99% O2sat on RA.  Lab show leukocytosis, and anemia. Ct of the chest showed bilateral diffuse nodular opacity. Ct of the abdomen suggested constipation vs ileus.

What are your ddx? Or other questions that may help u narrow ur ddx?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:58:39 AM by cranium »

"Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, someone will win; but in the end, you BOTH are retarded!"

Advertisements