Advertisement

Author Topic: Why isn't Alex Thao famous?  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Why isn't Alex Thao famous?
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »
Man...that young man should be on TV and signing million dollar record deals...seriou sly!!! He is that good and talented.

One youtuber said it best when she said:

"What I don't understand is why are people like Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black famous but Alex Thao is not. I seriously don't understand it."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

JakeSnake

Re: Why isn't Alex Thao famous?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
Welcome to white world.  Racism is still alive and well.  The only way we can improve is get more Hmong/Asian deep into manager positions that we can change it.  This includes Sports as well.

VCL

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »
Because it all comes down to business. You can be the most talented person but if you can't sell records, movies, etc - you're worthless to the investor. It's sad but true, Asians don't sell in the US. You can't "market" an Asian singer or actor and think you'll get your investment return.

I'm a firm believer that the support needs to start with my Hmong people. We need to start supporting ourselves before we can depend on other races to support us. If you look at it - most Asian actors and singers already have made a "fan-base" in their own country before trying to break into "Hollywood". Heck, even those that try to start in the US end up going back to their native country to jump start their career (Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jin).

woofwoof

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
Four reasons:

One, discrimination/racism is at its worst in the entertainment world. The entertainment world is wicked as fawk.
Two, that homie can't even make it big in the Hmong community, how is he gonna make it in  mainstream.  Most peeps are successful by making an impact locally first.
Three, all that homie ever do is sing someone else sh1t.  You ain't creative if you can't come out with your own sh1t.
Four, bc homie can't come up with his own sh1t, he has nothing new on the table, nothing entertainment scouts are looking for.

I might sound harsh, but just being real here......

pseudonym

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
first of all, vocally, he is great.

second of all, songwriting talent?  does he even have enough originals to create and market an album?

third, style/mass appeal?  Alex does not have enough (dare i say it?) "SWAG" or "style" that appeals beyond kpop/bieber fans.

fourth and most importantly, longevity.  does he have it?  will he last in the Hmong community?  in the general American community? no.  unless he combines numbers 1-3.

JuneBug

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
simply because hmong like you who praise  him, that's all youre doing...just praising.  bieber got his record deal because someone realized his potential and actually gone out of their way to make him a star.  rather than complaining, why don't you do the same?

uglykidjohn

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
He has an album.

I think he's a Christian artist.

And I believe he's only 19.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »
i dont even know who this guy is

MilesDaddy

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »
Welcome to white world.  Racism is still alive and well.  The only way we can improve is get more Hmong/Asian deep into manager positions that we can change it.  This includes Sports as well.
Stop playing the blame game.... why doesn't this guy try out for American Idol...it's a long shot but you never know. YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

JuneBug

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »
Stop playing the blame game.... why doesn't this guy try out for American Idol...it's a long shot but you never know. YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK

yup so true...hmong people are always using the racism card...maybe because they know they can't do any better so they pull out that card.  no one is going to drop a silver platter on your lap...just look at adele...she just didn't become a singing sensation overnight..she's been singing long before her myspace days. 

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
yup so true...hmong people are always using the racism card...maybe because they know they can't do any better so they pull out that card.  no one is going to drop a silver platter on your lap...just look at adele...she just didn't become a singing sensation overnight..she's been singing long before her myspace days. 

Racism isn't all to blame...but to say that racism doesn't have anything to do with it is beyond stupid.

JuneBug

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »
Racism isn't all to blame...but to say that racism doesn't have anything to do with it is beyond stupid.

that's why i said what i said.  rather than just sitting back and praise this alex thao (which i have no idea who he is), why don't you pave the way in making him the big star that you think he should be?

someone is a big star because another is willing to invest in them. 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:09:32 PM by JuneBug »

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »
that's why i said what i said.  rather than just sitting back and praise this alex thao (which i have no idea who he is), why don't you pave the way in making him the big star that you think he should be?

someone is a big star because another is willing to invest in them. 

First of all I, myself, does not like to play the racism card. But is it wrong to point out the fact that white racism is very much alive and well in America? One of the biggest agent of change is AWARENESS. Every change in life starts from awareness whether we chose to do something about it or not. Without awareness America would still be like it was back in the 60s.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:07:16 PM by Solemn Wind »

JuneBug

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »
First of all I, myself, does not like to play the racism card. But is it wrong to point out the fact that white racism is very much alive and well in America? One of the biggest agent of change is AWARENESS. Every change in life starts from awareness whether we chose to do something about it or not. Without awareness America would still be like it was back in the 60s.

awareness and change is not to point the fingers at the whites, blacks, or hispanics because hmong cannot make it big like them.  you want to see alex thao make it big, then why are you just waiting on the sideline.  do something about it! 

asadfg

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
this kids pretty damn good!!!  O0

Advertisements