Advertisement

Author Topic: AT&T 4G LTE, Sprint LTE, and T-Mobile 3G on iPhone  (Read 1234 times)

N`Chync

AT&T 4G LTE, Sprint LTE, and T-Mobile 3G on iPhone
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »
Looks like they all been turned on in MPLS. My AT&T iPhone 5 getting great LTE speeds of 10 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Haven't checked in with anyone on Sprint or T-Mobile. My brother is using my iPhone 3GS on T-Mobile without a data plan but he's been getting 3G instead of Edge.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Pain

Re: AT&T 4G LTE, Sprint LTE, and T-Mobile 3G on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:32:30 AM »
Looks like they all been turned on in MPLS. My AT&T iPhone 5 getting great LTE speeds of 10 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Haven't checked in with anyone on Sprint or T-Mobile. My brother is using my iPhone 3GS on T-Mobile without a data plan but he's been getting 3G instead of Edge.

Interesting... I know Tmobile's wireless band wasnt compatible or different and that iPhone didnt have that cellular band?  That only means the iPhone is heading to Tmobile finally here in the USA and they swap over to a compatible band?  Or not Tmobile could be just ramping up a compatible band for unlocked iPhones!  Instead of hassling with Apple over their outrageous fee demands.  This might mean unlock iPhones will may now work on the tmobile network properly.

A little digging further finds this:
T-Mobile launched commercial service in some areas on HSPA+ 3G network that uses frequencies around 1900MHz, a band that's available on unlocked iPhones. It probably expanding by now.  (This was back in September 2012)

An iPhone using data without a data plan... lol.  You watch they will catch him plus all the extra outrageous pay per kb/mb download fees.  That's a no no..  he wont be smiling when the bill arrives in the thousands of dollars. :police: 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:40:34 AM by Pain »

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 05:40:37 AM »
T-Mobile is converting their frequency to work with the iPhone. They been doing it since the summer time. It's also rumored that T-Mobile will be getting the iPhone next.

N`Chync

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
First month of LTE on my iPhone 5 was shaky but looks like now they got the bugs worke out

Advertisements