Advertisement

Author Topic: "Girls" on HBO  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
"Girls" on HBO
« on: January 22, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
Anybody watch this show? Pretty darn good.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

vangkm007

Re: "Girls" on HBO
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:17:10 PM »
LOL, saw about 3 episodes and I hated it. They should call this show "White Girl Problems".

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
LOL, saw about 3 episodes and I hated it. They should call this show "White Girl Problems".

It was very white girls. I agree with you about that. I still think it's the flip side to shows like "Sex and the City" where it is assumed that all women are living it large and fabulous.

hubba-hubba

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 03:11:37 AM »
I love this show and I totally identified with the characters.  How can you not?!  I liked the first season more than the second though.

vangkm007

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
It was very white girls. I agree with you about that. I still think it's the flip side to shows like "Sex and the City" where it is assumed that all women are living it large and fabulous.

At least Sex in the City had good dialogue and was entertaining. I watched the whole series with my GF at the time and was rarely bored. Girls however features unattractive, booooring white girls with problems that just seem so trivial considering all the other shit in the world going on. I'd give it a break if I was entertained even slightly but I wasn't.

Advertisements