Advertisement

Author Topic: Cecil Hotel: Elisa Lam's Killer from LA  (Read 7017 times)

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
Cecil Hotel: Elisa Lam's Killer from LA
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »
Have you guys heard of this story of Elisa Lam? A Canadian girl who stayed at Cecil Hotel not too long ago when she was killed and her body was dumped into a water tank on the roof. This sounds like a horror story straight from a movie, the Grudge, the Ring, or.... how about "DARK WATERS!"

Just go look it up.

This is the video from the Elevator before Elisa was murdered or was last seen.

WARNING: disturbing footage. CAUTION at your own risk.

What are your thoughts?

Like this post: 0
“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

Adverstisement

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cecil Hotel: Elisa Lam's Killer from LA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
Reviews from YELP:

I stayed in Cecil Hotel from Jan 2 to Jan 5 in 2012, I chose this hotel only because its cheapness, and I got what I deserved. Everything was shabby, the dim light of the aisle made it really creepy. Also the neighborhood was scary during night (turned out to be vital).

I write this review only because of a recent incident, R.I.P. Elisa Lam.

Here's another one:

Yikes - This story ran about Hotel Cecil today on KCAL.

______________ _____

LOS ANGELES (http://CBSLA.com) -- The body of a 20-something woman was discovered in a water tank on top of a downtown Los Angeles hotel Tuesday.

Police and firefighters were summoned to the Cecil Hotel at 640 South Main St. shortly after 10 a.m., according to LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh.

KNX 1070s Claudia Peschiutta reports guests were disturbed to learn the nude body of the woman was found inside of one of four large water tanks.

A maintenance worker discovered the body after he received reports from hotel guests of low water pressure in the building and went up to the roof to investigate the cause.

Peschiutta reported a man who lives in the building said tenants were warned earlier in the day to avoid using the water.

One guest, however, said despite checking in Monday night, she only heard about the water tank once the investigation began.

"I wanted to check out right away," the unidentified female said, adding that while she had not used the shower, she had been using water to drink, wash her hands, and brush her teeth. "I'm going to stay in the Westin [Hotel]."

There was no confirmation on whether the body was that of 21-year-old Elisa Lam, a traveling Canadian student who was last seen at the hotel on Jan. 26.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:11:50 PM »
Quote from MSN article:

Longtime hotel resident Bernard Diaz reported flooding on the fourth floor at about the time Lam disappeared, saying he heard a thump so loud one night he "fell out of bed...

The single-room-occupancy hotel has an unusual history. "Night Stalker" Richard Ramirez, who was found guilty of 14 slayings in the 1980s, lived on the 14th floor for several months in 1985. And international serial killer Jack Unterweger is suspected of murdering three prostitutes during the time he lived there in 1991. He killed himself in jail in 1994.

In 1962, a female occupant jumped out of one the hotel's windows, killing herself and a pedestrian on whom she landed.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/20/17030431-body-found-in-water-tank-of-los-angeles-hotel-is-missing-tourist#comments

Like this post: -1

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »
Elisa Lam's Death Ruled Accidental!!!!.... somebody just got away..  :'(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/06/20/body-in-water-tank-ruled-accidental-drowning/2443061/

LOS ANGELES — The mysterious death of the young woman whose body was found in a water tank on the roof of a cheap downtown hotel has been ruled accidental....

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
I still don't believe it's suicide.

How in the world did she know that there were cisterns filled with water on top of the hotel? And how did she know how to get up there? She's a Canadian tourist!

She had destination plans set-up.

LAPD sux.....

—r.m. drake

Lyn Song

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
Mysterious and creepy yet it's a true story too. :o

Advertisements