Advertisement

Author Topic: Cool short video about my vinyl record album dropping April 20th  (Read 2507 times)

fres thao

directed and created, with commentary by Lu Vang aka KshKsh.

this will be the very first hmong american vinyl record album.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

fres thao

Re: Cool short video about my vinyl record album dropping April 20th
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:00:43 PM »
Just wanted to share another promo by my homies!

fres thao

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
FRES THAO'S MIND FULL OF VINYL ALBUM RELEASE

Featuring an all acoustic line up of music and poetry by Fres Thao with Pupils of the Storm, Truthmaze, Mona Moua, Hilltribe, Cody Lee and Bob Yang

The Mind Full Of vinyl album is the very first full length vinyl record by a Hmong American artist, produced by an all star group of legendary Hmong American musicians, singer/songwriters and producers. Limited copies are available!

Saturday, April 20, 2013, 9:30pm, $10, 21+
Camp Bar, 490 Robert Street North, Downtown Saint Paul

To hear the Mind Full Of album, or to purchase the music, visit http://fresthao.bandcamp.com/album/mind-full-of or search Fres Thao on iTunes.

FRES THAO is an advocate for the arts; believing art is direct energy from the soul. As one of the first Hip Hop emcees from the Hmong community, Fres has been an active lyricist, producer, performer and mentor since the early 90's. Founding member of nationally dispersed Hip Hop group, Illegoaliens and Twin Cities based collective, Pupils of the Storm, Fres has released numerous albums, mixtapes and compilations since 2001; his latest full length album, Mind Full Of, paints pictures of his spirituality, pursuit of love and happiness, and empowerment of the self. The vinyl album drops April 20th, 2013.

TRUTHMAZE is one of the originators and premier Hip Hop artist in Minnesota, beginning in 1983, as a vocal percussionist (beatboxer) known as B-Fresh. He was part of one of the first Hip Hop recordings from Minnesota to reach national presence as part of the I.R.M. Crew, and has been recording since 1986 with such groups as I.R.O.C., Brown Mark (of Prince and the Revolution), Mixed Breed and The Mighty Micronauts, whose infamous debut album was re-released on Rhymesayers Entertainment.

MONA MOUA is a Hmong-American singer/songwriter from the Twin Cities. Mona had her first recording debut through Hmong American Partnership's 2010 Kaj Siab CD, and recently made her major label debut on Interscope/Shady Records artist Yelawolf's hit single "Write Your Name".

HILLTRIBE is a Hmong-American hit making rap trio from the Twin Cities. The 3 emcees create head bobbing music that brings to awareness issues affecting the Hmong community.

CODY LEE is an emerging Hmong American YouTube sensation. Inspired by musicians from Stevie Wonder to Korean K-pop artists, Cody’s acoustic, soulful music incorporates a flare of humbleness, melody and catchy lyrics.

BOB YANG is a Hmong American singer/songwriter from St. Paul Minnesota. In 2009 he was CHAT's In Session singer/songwriter winner, and debuted his critically acclaimed full length album “Ncu Kuv”; produced by Twin Cities leading jazz guitarist/musician Cory Wong. His music has been featured in collections including HAP’s Kaj Siab album and CHAT’s Collection. He was also featured in the film Journey to the Fallen Skies by Bryan Vue. In 2012 Bob Yang was awarded the Artist Initiative grant to produce his Hmong musical “The Promised Land.”

PUPILS OF THE STORM is a collective of Hmong American musicians. A supergroup of artists from different groups and genres, the Pupils consists of Tieng Hang, Oskar Ly, Chuefeng Xiong, Sonic Rain, Bunny Lee, Shawn Mouacheupao, and Fres Thao.

www.fresthao.com
www.facebook.com/fresthaomusic

AOZ

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:09:38 PM »
wow... i didn't know you are an artist. 

link to one of your songs? 

AOZ

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »
nice to see peb cov tub ntxhais hmoob artists out there.  tx for sharing!

fres thao

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
another video for you all!

enjoy, and share if you'd like!

fres thao

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
just sharing another one!