Advertisement

Author Topic: Is the Hmong culture dying?  (Read 26219 times)

Offline YeejKoob13

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Hmong culture dying?
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
"Hmongviking,"

Weak... I'm debating if I should even reply.

I just got back home not too long ago and still want to visit friends and family. I'll see if I have time tonight or in a day or two to dignify your weak response.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

4everYours

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2013, 07:39:05 AM »
I think Hmong people are like cockroaches... not in a bad sense but because we are too stubborn to just die.  I'm sure if we look at the outer crust of Hmong society, we see that the Hmong culture is changing and assimilating into the dominant culture.  But if you look deeper...Hmong culture is alive and thriving.

I don't mean that its the same as it was a 100 years ago but its as Hmong as you can get.  Look at it this way, if you walk into a house and see a propane gas burner in the gararge, metal folding chairs, plastic bamboo mats, or shoes everywhere...y ou know Hmong people live there. 

I won't argue the fact that yes our culture is changing and evolving but I will say that we Hmong people have the highest resistance to change of any culture.  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
Look at it this way, if you walk into a house and see a propane gas burner in the gararge, metal folding chairs, plastic bamboo mats, or shoes everywhere...y ou know Hmong people live there. 

But many of the things you've listed are not Hmong, those things are adopted from other groups.

Advertisements