Advertisement

Author Topic: Principals changing grades...thoughts?  (Read 6488 times)

Succubus

Principals changing grades...thoughts?
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:45:23 AM »
I have know a few principals who would change the grades of students.  I was told this is unethical but still legal.  Their motive is simple.  They do not want any of their students held back.  This will reflect poorly on the school and may affect their state funds.

1) Do you believe that students should be held back if they are not making the grades?  What if that is you or if you have kids, what if that is your child.  Do you want to be in the same grade as your younger sibling?

2) Do you think it's OK for principals to change grades.  Money trumps everything?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: Principals changing grades...thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:16:19 AM »
It is wrong.  It is cheating.  If it is the principals doing it, it is corrupted to the core. 

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
Don't they have to test them out of class?

All thought all graduating seniors have to take that final exam to pass.

“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

panda

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Where are the facts to prove your post?  That is illegal on so many different levels its not even funny.

Succubus

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 02:39:16 AM »
Where are the facts to prove your post?  That is illegal on so many different levels its not even funny.

The Hmong school in Milwaukee is one of them.  The principal, Chris Her Xiong, has been changing grades since she started that school.  Another principal in the south side of Milwaukee at a charter is also doing the same.  Lastly, one school in Madison is also guilty.

With my career, I encountered some very unhappy teachers.  I know four teachers who left the hmong school, Hmong American Peace Academy on this very premise.  Legally, this great state of Wisconsin does not have a law against this...yet.  Due to confidentialit y, I cannot disclose their names.  This is true for the other schools as well.

The objectives of these principals are:
1) Maintain a positive academic record
2) Get more money from the state
3) On record, their students are successful
4) Parents threaten to take their kids out if they are held back
5) Unsuspecting parents will think that their kids are getting a great education.

Trust me, if there are any legal grounds, lawsuits would have been filed.  My suggestion to parents looking for a new school for their kids, do not talk to the principals!  Talk to the teachers, but make sure it if off school grounds.  Buy them coffee or lunch.  The teachers will tell you what is really going on.  Ask them if any of their kids attend that school? 

panda

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:37:19 AM »
You want to keep is confidential but you named a principal already. 

I don't think that shit would fly in MN though.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »
I think you forgot about the "No Child Left Behind" act.  No child is held back and have to move on each year even if they don't do well.  I know my husband got question about this during his interview for the Ed.D program last week.  There is pros and cons to it.  I agreed to the answer my husband gave them.  He did well on his interview and got accepted to the program.

School can cheat, etc.  Its all about $$$ just like any social services program out there.  The more people you have enroll or going there for the service is the more $$$/funds you get and then it can branch out to them opening more program/service.  When there is a school budget crisis it is when they have to revised everything and all the changes can look bad or not something you expect but there are time you see it is good.  Right now, I really like the changes they made to our school district here but it will probably take about 2 year the most for it to be effective.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
The Hmong school in Milwaukee is one of them.  The principal, Chris Her Xiong, has been changing grades since she started that school.  Another principal in the south side of Milwaukee at a charter is also doing the same.  Lastly, one school in Madison is also guilty.

With my career, I encountered some very unhappy teachers.  I know four teachers who left the hmong school, Hmong American Peace Academy on this very premise.  Legally, this great state of Wisconsin does not have a law against this...yet.  Due to confidentialit y, I cannot disclose their names.  This is true for the other schools as well.

The objectives of these principals are:
1) Maintain a positive academic record
2) Get more money from the state
3) On record, their students are successful
4) Parents threaten to take their kids out if they are held back
5) Unsuspecting parents will think that their kids are getting a great education.

Trust me, if there are any legal grounds, lawsuits would have been filed.  My suggestion to parents looking for a new school for their kids, do not talk to the principals!  Talk to the teachers, but make sure it if off school grounds.  Buy them coffee or lunch.  The teachers will tell you what is really going on.  Ask them if any of their kids attend that school?

Are you sure you are not Nceeg?

Like this post: +1

Succubus

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 03:40:50 AM »
I think you forgot about the "No Child Left Behind" act.  No child is held back and have to move on each year even if they don't do well.  I know my husband got question about this during his interview for the Ed.D program last week.  There is pros and cons to it.  I agreed to the answer my husband gave them.  He did well on his interview and got accepted to the program.

School can cheat, etc.  Its all about $$$ just like any social services program out there.  The more people you have enroll or going there for the service is the more $$$/funds you get and then it can branch out to them opening more program/service.  When there is a school budget crisis it is when they have to revised everything and all the changes can look bad or not something you expect but there are time you see it is good.  Right now, I really like the changes they made to our school district here but it will probably take about 2 year the most for it to be effective.

With more cuts in the educational programs, the US wonders why they cannot compete with other nations.  That is why school administrative s are forced to be creative to squeeze out as much money as they can.  I understand the policy of No Child Left Behind, but this does not work in larger and poorer cities.  Hence the rich gets smarter and the poor gets dumber.

I believe you asked me this question before?  My answer was an emphatic 'No', but now I'm not so sure. 

How could I have been so careless!  Thought I covered my tracks pretty good.  I was afraid the writing style might give me away.  I must do a better job of differentiatin g them.  I shall have to log in as Nceeg next time.  Maybe Succubus has run her course.  Hmmm... :-X

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:10:24 AM by Succubus »

NceegVaj

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 08:44:23 AM »

oh. fuc.kingWingDu cky,

Got a PM to debunk you that s/he is not me.  Fu.ck why I care.  Fock off my case...I"m not him or her.  Thank you.

NceegVaj

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 08:45:36 AM »
With more cuts in the educational programs, the US wonders why they cannot compete with other nations.  That is why school administrative s are forced to be creative to squeeze out as much money as they can.  I understand the policy of No Child Left Behind, but this does not work in larger and poorer cities.  Hence the rich gets smarter and the poor gets dumber.

I believe you asked me this question before?  My answer was an emphatic 'No', but now I'm not so sure. 

How could I have been so careless!  Thought I covered my tracks pretty good.  I was afraid the writing style might give me away.  I must do a better job of differentiatin g them.  I shall have to log in as Nceeg next time.  Maybe Succubus has run her course.  Hmmm... :-X

LOL...too funny.  I didn't know I write so well!!  thanks.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
LOL...too funny.  I didn't know I write so well!!  thanks.

That's why I suspect you two are not the same person. 

But I must say you two share similar personality.  But you are a bit more extreme.

AOZ

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 10:19:20 AM »
there are always loop holes in the education system.

where funds are for one program yet that program never saw any of it. 

as for principals....   this happens in public schools as well where administrators monopolize on your child's future.  the principal may even dictates who becomes class president even if all voted for another etc. 

even attendance.... school will take attendance by the method that will grant them the most $$$. 

corruptions happens everywhere. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
I would like to go observe these charter schools just to see how they are like.  I only kinda recently found out that hmongs have thier own schools. I was like wow!  That's fantastic but then I was like.... It is just hmongs running it.... So I was like less wowed....

I don't know much the difference between public and chartered s hoops but I think I'd prefer a regular public school.   All my teachers were pretty much quality teachers.   I guess I just got lucky. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

AOZ

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
I would like to go observe these charter schools just to see how they are like.  I only kinda recently found out that hmongs have thier own schools. I was like wow!  That's fantastic but then I was like.... It is just hmongs running it.... So I was like less wowed....

I don't know much the difference between public and chartered s hoops but I think I'd prefer a regular public school.   All my teachers were pretty much quality teachers.   I guess I just got lucky.

and why would you not be awed at an all run by hmong school?  hmong people have alot of potential... and most are smarter then your average mekas dawb who is a superintendent too. 

Advertisements