Advertisement

Author Topic: WHy Do Shamen And Christians Talk Stuff About Eachother Of Who Better ?  (Read 7201 times)

pang vang

State your opinions down :)

Lets call my fiance jerry since i dont want to put his name out

Well for me, i am in a relationship now for 3 years and 8 months now and was engagged like 5 to 6 months ago to my fiance. well when we first started dating, Jerry parents did not like me at all. I found out about this in our first year of dating, it teared me down, it made me super sad that how can the love of my life parents hate me ??? but i also found out later that the reason his parents dislike me was that i was a shamen and that means im not a good person because i wasn't a christian. It made me feel miserable!! i didnt know what to do, Jerry was always getting yelled at everyday for dating me. It got to a point where he didnt care what his parents had said and just kept dating me because he loved me but also it caused problem to him and his parents. Jerry parents was going to take him to his uncles house and have them talk him into breaking up with me. It was really bad ok well anywais, i cried many days and weeks and months because i wasnt accepted for who i am but hated for who i really am. jerry mom would always gossip about me to others and say ohh yea she short and a shamen and my son is handsome and tall and deserves a christian girl. blah blah blah! It hurted me so bad, i told my mom and she told me if it hurt me that bad then just leave him so his mom would stop this. I did leave him for 2 weeks, but realize i cant be here without him, so i toughen it up and became strong! Jerry really missed me also so we got back together and i didnt give a damn shit what his mom has to say to me or anything else. See at this time it was our 2 year of dating and i never met his parents or went inside his house until our 3rd year of dating. Everything is good now because Jerry always point out the good in me to his mom when his mother trys to say something about me so now they accepte me a little more then before. Even though i been through alot with his mom, i will always forgive her but never will i ever forget it. All i can say now is that, im glad i went back and fight for jerry because now we are happily engagged. It was a hard time but i got through it. But even after this experiment, i dont hold grudges against jerry mom, or hate christians, maybe jerry mom just dosent understand what a real christian should really do or act . Thanks for listening :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Succubus

The simple answer to your question is that neither one is right and neither one is better.

Food for thought: Isn't funny how Hmong Christians do not act very Christian-like.  Where is the love?  Where is the turn-the-other-cheek?  Some of them are the first ones to throw stones.

Congratulation on your engagement.  I wish you luck with your relationship.  Have a happy life.  :)

pang vang

The simple answer to your question is that neither one is right and neither one is better.

Food for thought: Isn't funny how Hmong Christians do not act very Christian-like.  Where is the love?  Where is the turn-the-other-cheek?  Some of them are the first ones to throw stones.

Congratulation on your engagement.  I wish you luck with your relationship.  Have a happy life.  :)

Well right, exactly, some christians can say ohhh we are good christians, we accepte you for you but when it comes down to it, they do the opposite of it, and thank you

Great Sage

In Laos, some Hmong converted because the missionaries were giving out food, medicine and shelter. Today, some convert because it's easier and more cost-effective. No more memorizing all that chatter or buying those expensive animals... The work you put into that, good lord...

...Still, it has its advantages... I the end, to each their own. Whatever floats your boat.

That said, I find more Christians to be snobby than shaman people. Christians have this "I'm saved" attitude with their noses in the air. It's like this shaman guy told me, "when I go to eat with Christians, I bow my head in prayer out of respect; but they would never do the same for me." Another time, this sick cousin of mine asked for the local Hmong pastor to come and pray for him. The pastor refused because they guy hadn't been to church in years... And the entire congregation supported him for not showing up.

pang vang

In Laos, some Hmong converted because the missionaries were giving out food, medicine and shelter. Today, some convert because it's easier and more cost-effective. No more memorizing all that chatter or buying those expensive animals... The work you put into that, good lord...

...Still, it has its advantages... I the end, to each their own. Whatever floats your boat.

That said, I find more Christians to be snobby than shaman people. Christians have this "I'm saved" attitude with their noses in the air. It's like this shaman guy told me, "when I go to eat with Christians, I bow my head in prayer out of respect; but they would never do the same for me." Another time, this sick cousin of mine asked for the local Hmong pastor to come and pray for him. The pastor refused because they guy hadn't been to church in years... And the entire congregation supported him for not showing up.

Oh yea! i agree with you, more christian put themself higher then shamens and they are more of a hyprocrite! And they still call themself a good christian. ohh i been through it all, heard it, i had them call me bad, omgg u name it all

Wi_sweetguy

My SIL came from a christian family or better yet, her father was a pastor.  To make matters worse, her family were not that bad although they didnt like the idea of marrying a hmong shaman.  Well they got married and everything went well.  Their wedding was short and super easy with no drinking.  Just soda and water.  Well the funny thing was when we were outside during the wedding and one of my SIL's brother came out and said in hmong "It is sunny and hot outside so come inside".  Its funny because his hmong was broken and the weather was not hot nor sunny.  It was cloudy and warm. haha.. I just thought it was funny. Nothing serious.

Well anyways my cousin's mom they kinda laughed that the christian girl doesn't know how to do anything and she has to be told because shaman families has many things to do such as neej, helping other people out and knowing the DIL or wife role.  Come to think  about it, they are doing great. O0

pang vang

My SIL came from a christian family or better yet, her father was a pastor.  To make matters worse, her family were not that bad although they didnt like the idea of marrying a hmong shaman.  Well they got married and everything went well.  Their wedding was short and super easy with no drinking.  Just soda and water.  Well the funny thing was when we were outside during the wedding and one of my SIL's brother came out and said in hmong "It is sunny and hot outside so come inside".  Its funny because his hmong was broken and the weather was not hot nor sunny.  It was cloudy and warm. haha.. I just thought it was funny. Nothing serious.

Well anyways my cousin's mom they kinda laughed that the christian girl doesn't know how to do anything and she has to be told because shaman families has many things to do such as neej, helping other people out and knowing the DIL or wife role.  Come to think  about it, they are doing great. O0

Haha thats funny! well i mean thats not suprising because im sure the christian family never taught their daughter to do anything such as cooking or killing animals

HUNG TU LO

You will hear Hmong Christians, especially dat CMA, spew mockery about shamanism and rituals involving animals. Well, the funny thing is, google "bible animal sacrifice" and you'll find:

You must not offer to the LORD an animal whose testicles are bruised, crushed, torn or cut.

You are to wash the internal organs and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

He is to slaughter the young bull before the LORD, and then Aaron’s sons the priests shall bring the blood and sprinkle it against the altar...

Hmmm...seems to me the religion of Christianity has always just been about making a political and social statement of one's self like "Hey, look at me! I'm not a barbarian anymore, I've transcended." This happened with the switch over to the New Testament (when animal sacrifice was deemed "not cool" anymore), this happened during the struggle of Europe's organized Christian takeover vs paganism, and this is happening with the newer Christians like Hmong.

Any religious community that is so focused on mocking others so as to make them appear more elite, doesn't deserve God...unless it's in the form of wrath.

MovKuam

We need to educate our-self with the word shaman. If you believe in Hmong Culture System does not make you a shaman. Similar to if you believe in Christian does not make you a priest or a pastor.

Wi_sweetguy

You will hear Hmong Christians, especially dat CMA, spew mockery about shamanism and rituals involving animals. Well, the funny thing is, google "bible animal sacrifice" and you'll find:

You must not offer to the LORD an animal whose testicles are bruised, crushed, torn or cut.

You are to wash the internal organs and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

He is to slaughter the young bull before the LORD, and then Aaron’s sons the priests shall bring the blood and sprinkle it against the altar...

Hmmm...seems to me the religion of Christianity has always just been about making a political and social statement of one's self like "Hey, look at me! I'm not a barbarian anymore, I've transcended." This happened with the switch over to the New Testament (when animal sacrifice was deemed "not cool" anymore), this happened during the struggle of Europe's organized Christian takeover vs paganism, and this is happening with the newer Christians like Hmong.

Any religious community that is so focused on mocking others so as to make them appear more elite, doesn't deserve God...unless it's in the form of wrath.

Most people are too bias, they dont understand anything beyond their beliefs.  They dont like the "what if" possibility.  Animal sacrified is nothing new to both shaman and christianity.  If killing a chicken for dinner and praying to God for thanks isn't animal sacrifice or ritual then I dont know what is.  Folks, what is wrong with killing animal and sacrrificing them? Nothing, but killing another human being is.  Lets see which religion has done most of the killings in the world?

I bet Buddism, Shamanism, atheism,scientifism, alienism, spirtualism and other has less killing than the major denominations.  In the end, only the ghood morals can make you a better person. Do not steal, cheat, and kill.  If you can avoid all three then you will become a great person.

night912

The answer is FEAR.

Advertisements