Advertisement

Author Topic: Nikon DSLR  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • if u cont to do wat ur doing U will never get rich
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
Nikon DSLR
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:02:14 PM »
Today I recieved my nikon DSLR. I took it out of the box and attached the lens. Somehow the len would not auto focus then I notice the front of the len got stuck. I play with it and got it turning smooth. I took some picture and the picture would be blurry and a few shot would look alot better. I still learning to config the menu and stuff. I somehow did make one shot in the dark and come out clear which I forgot how to do that again. I fear I may recieved a bad unit. Alot of the picture look blurry.  But other told me that the len that came with it is crap. I am waiting on the second len next week cause they told me it was out of stock.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:20:45 AM by Im a Guy »

Like this post: 0
" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Nikon DSLR
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
Which one did you get?

Do you have it set to Auto or Manual?  I believe on the left side of all Nikon's is an Auto/Manual switch.  Did you check that to make sure it's on the one you want for the photos you are taking?

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »
I got the D5200. Yeah. I found the button for M - A. Today I shot it with auto mode, the len and the camera. It did come out good. Then switch it to manuel. Now I change the 1/125, F13, ISO 640 in RAW.  I start to learn to use it. I watch a reviewer that this camera does not really shoot at 24.1mp but actually a  10 mp... but sometime I look at these picture and I starting to believe in him.  ;D I look at other people reported that it has a back focusing problem which I think mine is doing it too. I wait for the second lens to come next week and see if it make any different. If mine was the back focus problem then I'll return it. It is not to par to my point and shoot camera... lol

When I take picture. I zoom into the target looking into the taploid or view finder, you can clearly see it is a clear for shot but then you transfer it to the PC, and bammm, blurry or distortion...

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:22:54 AM by Im a Guy »

" YOUR GOVERMENT IS SELLING YOUR CHILDREN DRUGS, AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. YOUR OWN GOVERMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE. WE ARE TRULY NOW A NATION OF SHEEP, AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I ASSURE YOU THAT SHEEP ARE ALWAYS LED TO SLAUGHTER. "

milton william

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:34:54 AM »
But you got the 108mm and I got the 55mm?  :'( Great picture you took. Do you think if you only blurr the greenish part and the flower would not be?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:23:17 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

zena

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »
But you got the 108mm and I got the 55mm?  :'( Great picture you took. Do you think if you only blurr the greenish part and the flower would not be? U get what I saying?... I lost many word's now. lol

I can assure you, it's not about the lens.  It's your vision and how you see the world around you. 

In your photos above, it looks like you were just "testing" the camera.  That's normal.  Since it is your first DSLR, you should play around with it.  The photos you took are similar to a point-and-shoot.  All DSLR can do that.  They can shoot simple every day photos.  But, the point of a DSLR is to be creative with it (and make money...kiddin g).  If you are frustrated because your DSLR photos look just like your point-and-shoot then you either have to learn to take photos with a vision or learn the ins and outs of your camera so that you know how to be creative with lighting and objects. 

Don't just treat it like a point-and-shoot.  Save those for an actual point-and shoot.

Also, don't rush it.  Give yourself time to get used to your camera.  It's not an overnight thing.  It will come in due time.   :)

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »
Moon... Yeah I did play with it alot. I like the fact that it shoot 23+ shot in 15 second with out removing my hand from the button... In just 1 and half days. I took over 1000's randomly picture. I like how the sound of the camera make when you take a picture.

I also turn off D - lighting from another user recommend.

Surprisely, I recieved my second lens today. I will test it later today or by tomorrow.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:10:35 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

zena

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
That's a pretty lens.  It looks like you'll be doing a lot of nature shots...or sports?

I actually liked the 18-55.  I used it quite often before I got the 50mm.  Now that's my go to.  I take portraits and plants/nature stuff so it's perfect for what I need now.  I just posted a couple of images of flowers using the 50mm in the one-a-day thread.

Glad you didn't buy a wife.  If you did, you'll never have the luxury of spending like that ever again.

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:50 PM »
Sorry... I was just kidding. I'm thinking of getting the 300mm if possible. Anything higher is in the thousand $$ range... But I think I want the D3x someday. lol I got from the mail was the 35mm 1.8G len. As told that is good in low light.
I took it outside and take some shot. Still blurry. More adjustment done and look like it did calibrate a bit but I test it again. The auto seem to work fine. Alot of tuning which is a headache.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:24:34 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 11:10:39 PM »
35mm test result. Night and day. still blurry. Will make it small next time...

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:25:13 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

zena

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
Why did you get the D5200 instead of like a D7000 and not get the 35mm lens?  Was it because you wanted the swivel screen and the lens?  J/C. 

The D5200 is different from the higher end ones because you have to go through the menu in order to change crucial settings.  Whereas, anything D7000 and higher (including the D90, which I have, and is equivalent to the D7000) has external menu buttons, which makes it a lot easier and quicker to use.  Especially when you need to capture something quickly and don't have the time to go into the menu.  I had an incident where I needed to switch quickly and luckily my camera's buttons were all there within my fingers to switch to the settings I needed to capture the images I wanted.

So, what I'd recommend is, since you have $15000 (you were kidding, I know) at hand, change the D5200 for a D7000 or greater.  You won't regret. 

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:20:24 PM »
I think the D5200 have something similiar to that setting which I have not bother yet. I got the 35mm because the low light and the price. I say it is ok len. I believe I choose the D5200 over the 24.1 mp and the 1080 60p, and the swivel screen. The thing about it is the manuel mode, it take alot of blurry picture even though  you can see it clearly in the view finder. This camera take good picture in auto focus through the len. I think the view is too small. I use the viewfinder alot now since I can see it better in manuel mode. Im getting use to it now.

milton william

zena

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
Let me give you a few tests.  Give me step-by-step examples on how you accomplish the following:

1.  Get to your ISO to change it from 200 to 400

2.  Get to your WB and change it from auto to cloudy mode

3.  Record video

The above should be an easy to do thing for any beginner.  :)

As for manual mode, give me an example of your ISO, WB, and anything else you do to get the photos you seem to be getting (blurred, as you said).  Thanks.

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 10:18:35 PM »
I change often so I normally shoot lower ISO in the day time with 1/500 to 1/125 and F5.6 to F22. It all depend outside light source that I will need to change. Also the flash and exposure compensation are set at +0.3, which I don't really learn much, and not bother it alot yet... 

I use the 18-55mm len this time. I adjust this little knob near the magnifer that allowed me to adjust the focus more accurate which I think is causing the mix view through the view finder for me to get the blurry part...

Well the hunting is coming up in a few more month and very anticipated to use it to shoot some hunting video.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:26:54 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

Offline Im a Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
    • Von.Yaj
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 02:31:17 AM »
[Some night shot for those stars ]

Behind my back yard. With the city light, you can't really see most of the star with your naked eye's.

35mm len shot...

18-55mm len shot... same setting to the 35mm len.

Did change abit of the contrast and brightness. First time ever use a camera to captured some stars that alot of my old camera can't capture... Every white, orange dots you see, represent a star [ another distance sun actually ]. I don't have a tripod yet to get a clearer shot of the moon.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:43:18 AM by Im a Guy »

milton william

zena

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
The reason why I asked you to do those challenges is because you said this, "I think the D5200 have something similiar to that setting which I have not bother yet," in reply to when I said this,

"The D5200 is different from the higher end ones because you have to go through the menu in order to change crucial settings.  Whereas, anything D7000 and higher (including the D90, which I have, and is equivalent to the D7000) has external menu buttons, which makes it a lot easier and quicker to use.  Especially when you need to capture something quickly and don't have the time to go into the menu."

Here is a look at the back of the D5200:

Here is a look at the D7000.  See all the buttons on the left?  All you have to do is click them and then make the adjustments with the knob at top right.  It saves time and allows you to capture things other DSLR cameras take longer to.  You don't have to go into menu, make changes, and then get out of the menu.

I believe Nikon makes the lower end cameras for people who want to have a nice camera but who don't want to utilize all the benefits Nikon provides because they probably don't want to go above and beyond ordinary photos.

I know you have to go through the menu to set your camera to live view and I believe you did say that you shoot better with the live view on.  I personally can't shoot like that but I do use live view to record and recording on my D90 is very easy.  Just click the Live View button > then click OK to record > and OK to stop recording.  I can switch back and forth if need be from photo to video with just a click. AND, it makes all those clicking sounds you said you liked when switching.  ;D

Here's the back view of my camera:

BTW, I like the swivel screen of the D5200 and had considered getting that camera at one point because of it.  But, I would not be happy with not having the quick buttons especially since I have kids and they move fast and do activities that require a quick camera.

My point to you is, you have a nice simple camera that can do cool stuff, but if you have the money and want to focus more on your photos and creativity then you might want to switch it up.  :)

If money is an issue, then disregard all my comments on the higher ends and be happy with your camera.  Btw, my D90 is nice and I love it for what it does but there are things about it that I don't like and would love to own a nicer one someday when I can afford it.  I guess, I like to do my research now so that when I can afford a much nicer one, I'll be prepared.

Advertisements