Advertisement

Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 7107 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: Insomnia
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »
Was that song Part IV: Morning in May-Ludo?  I've never heard of them before but the song was nice.  The music was simple, vocals were raw and untouched.

I get the feeling that something happened to her.....just by reading the lyrics, the tone of the voice, and tempo of the music.....   ???

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

biggieT

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »
Was that song Part IV: Morning in May-Ludo?  I've never heard of them before but the song was nice.  The music was simple, vocals were raw and untouched.

I get the feeling that something happened to her.....just by reading the lyrics, the tone of the voice, and tempo of the music.....   ???

Yup! It's a weird band and a weird song. To understand what it's really about, go listen to Ludo's Broken Bride. It's part 1 of 4.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 10:19:28 PM »
Yup! It's a weird band and a weird song. To understand what it's really about, go listen to Ludo's Broken Bride. It's part 1 of 4.

I see now.  My impression was correct.  I did notice that there were separate parts and titles.....the y're telling a story.  This song was fast, hard, and full of raw emotions.  Thanks for sharing.   I'm going to listen to all the parts,  these two parts have piqued my interest.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

biggieT

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
I see now.  My impression was correct.  I did notice that there were separate parts and titles.....the y're telling a story.  This song was fast, hard, and full of raw emotions.  Thanks for sharing.   I'm going to listen to all the parts,  these two parts have piqued my interest.

When you are done listening to all the parts, listen to Morning in May again and let me know what you think of it afterwards.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »
I got it now.  I guess it's always nice to get the whole story, not just bits and pieces of it.  I had to listen and read the lyrics since at times, the music can be louder than the words.  It was very interesting and a different set-up for songs.  Part IV is sad but it does make a person wonder why he didn't just delay her instead of getting in with her.  When he got in the car with her, it changes the story but there's also a contradiction because there would have been two of him...which wouldn't make sense because the other him would still have to suffer the pain of loss and the cycle starts all over again.

biggieT

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »
I got it now.  I guess it's always nice to get the whole story, not just bits and pieces of it.  I had to listen and read the lyrics since at times, the music can be louder than the words.  It was very interesting and a different set-up for songs.  Part IV is sad but it does make a person wonder why he didn't just delay her instead of getting in with her.  When he got in the car with her, it changes the story but there's also a contradiction because there would have been two of him...which wouldn't make sense because the other him would still have to suffer the pain of loss and the cycle starts all over again.

I think he's just tired of being without her. He realizes that nothing is certain, and this is the only way for sure he will get to be with her. It was her time to go, he can't change that. What he can change is his own fate and end his suffering.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
I think he's just tired of being without her. He realizes that nothing is certain, and this is the only way for sure he will get to be with her. It was her time to go, he can't change that. What he can change is his own fate and end his suffering.

I understand that but the problem here is that he will end his pain but his other self will still suffer...and the cycle starts all over again.

biggieT

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
I understand that but the problem here is that he will end his pain but his other self will still suffer...and the cycle starts all over again.

That's the human delimma right? Should we hurt now? Or should we hurt later?

biggieT

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »
Where is the passion, the love? We ask,
Our hearts quick to be angry and hate.
Where is the equality!? We demand.
Never lifting a hand to change our fate.

Our voices sing of Peace and Justice
Stubborn fingers point at those we blame,
But our actions: Benedict! They betray us,
And I often wonder – Where is my shame?

I can promise to be a better man,
But I won’t, our words are fickle day-to-day,
When every time I look into that mirror,
I see my finger pointed back this way

When my blood is made of Kryptonite,
How can I wear this red “S” on my chest?
Stumble and fall, I’m my own worst enemy,
With my eyes closed, I blend in with the rest.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:48:31 PM by biggieT »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »
That's the human delimma right? Should we hurt now? Or should we hurt later?

In the end, it has to do with selfishness... ..you don't think of the other person, you only think of yourself.  It reminds me of the movie Looper....wher e future Joe and present Joe only care about their own feelings even though they're one in the same person. 

Advertisements