Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong, Laos and Terraces  (Read 14379 times)

night912

Re: Hmong, Laos and Terraces
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
So did someone learned something here?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:51 AM »
So did someone learned something here?

No. We are all guessing. And no one can take those statements to be true.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

SVanTha

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »
You're so hung up on the topography. There are limestone and karst formations throughout SEAsia.  Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia has numerous terraced mountains and last i checked, they were SEAsian countries.  Just because these facts are not stated in your book, does not make it untrue.  Is this book like the ultimate authority for you?  LOL.  Any quick google search would tell you these facts.  How ignorant can you be to make such a state like:

...(Ironic isn't it that this "terracing" is unheard of nor used and/or required in SE Asia -- much less anywhere else in the world, including the USA.  Hmmm?  One wonders why? ...  O0)

I would read more than "Insurgency and Social Disorder in Guizhou" to get facts about China, SEAsia or the world.  For your information, the Incans in S. America used terraces for agriculture independant of the old world, as well as numerous countries throughout the globe.  I know this info won't be stated in your book, but a quick google search would tell you the truth of that.

ROFL, it seems like facts and figures are not sufficient for you unless they were stated in "Insurgency and Social Disorder in Guizhou"...seriously, my mind is blown. :idiot2:

ua tsaug. O0

chidorix0x

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
SVanTha, ( ;D)

Is not "terraces" due to the fact that the topography of Guizhou is inefficient and inappropriate for cultivation -- specifically because the land is mountainous and of little to no fertile soil, being mostly composed of limestone.  Talk about  :idiot2: .  You also mention "terraces" in S. America among the Incans.  Hmmm, ironic, why did they "terrace" there then eh?  Oh, yeah, because they were high in the Andes, where there is/was little to "NO FLAT LAND" for cultivation.  DUH!  Again,  :idiot2: .

Keep grabbing at "straws" ...   ;D

And you mention SE Asia; "Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia has numerous terraced mountains ... "  Again, DUH!  You just "self-incriminated",  :2funny: ...  O0  (But just for LAFFS, emmm, don't get "rice paddies" confused with "terraces" ok, as it is a known fact, that that methodology is the norm or most popular practice throughout SE Asia.  Oh!  Guess what?  No "terraces" whatsoever.  Why?  Because all the "rice paddies" are in low flat non-mountainous fertile soil.  DUH!)

Ua tsaug ...  :)

(fyi -- one simple source was more than sufficient to rectify your narrow rethoric.  Beyond that, well, let's just say you've already "incriminated" yourself, so it's pointless ...  O0)

SVanTha

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »
SVanTha, ( ;D)

Is not "terraces" due to the fact that the topography of Guizhou is inefficient and inappropriate for cultivation -- specifically because the land is mountainous and of little to no fertile soil, being mostly composed of limestone.  Talk about  :idiot2: .

Terracing is an agricultural technique used on ANY sloped land, mountains being the most sloped.  It's a crazy, wild, wild guess but i'm pretty sure the mountains and hills of Laos are also sloped along with the mountains and hills of SEAsia and the rest of the world...

Again, agricultural production numbers and population numbers do not support your 'fertility' claims of the region.  Should i go over the numbers again?  Also, the region is not one big limestone and karst formation as you have concluded from your book.  Do i need to repost agricultural production numbers to disprove this false conclusion?

You also mention "terraces" in S. America among the Incans.  Hmmm, ironic, why did they "terrace" there then eh?  Oh, yeah, because they were high in the Andes, where there is/was little to "NO FLAT LAND" for cultivation.  DUH!  Again,  :idiot2: .

Keep grabbing at "straws" ...   ;D

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: You mean the terraces that you insisted did not exist?  Let me catch my breath... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:.  Do i need to post pictures of terraces on gently sloping lands to convince you that it's a technique that can be used on ANY sloping land?  I better, since it's not stated in "Insurgency and Social Disorder in Guizhou" so you won't believe it.  Pics at bottom.

And you mention SE Asia; "Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia has numerous terraced mountains ... "  Again, DUH!  You just "self-incriminated",  :2funny: ...  O0

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  Again, what terraces are you talking about?  According to you, terraces are non-existent in SEAsia or the rest of the world... :2funny: :idiot2: :2funny: :idiot2:

(But just for LAFFS, emmm, don't get "rice paddies" confused with "terraces" ok, as it is a known fact, that that methodology is the norm or most popular practice throughout SE Asia.  Oh!  Guess what?  No "terraces" whatsoever.  Why?  Because all the "rice paddies" are in low flat non-mountainous fertile soil.  DUH!)

Ua tsaug ...  :)

And your point about flat, lowland farming is.........irr elevant, like what you just wrote and your arguments in this debate. :idiot2:

(fyi -- one simple source was more than sufficient to rectify your narrow rethoric.  Beyond that, well, let's just say you've already "incriminated" yourself, so it's pointless ...  O0)

ROFL, ROFL, ROFL.

Agricultural production numbers from the Guizhou-Yunnan plateau:  i've incriminated myself on the fertility of this region.  Clearly, it is one large limestone and karst wasteland and these numbers are fabrications meant to directly contradict the holy book:  "Insurgency and Social Disorder in Guizhou."

Terrace technology in SEAsia and the rest of the world:  i've also clearly incriminated myself on the extent and application of this technology.  Clearly, the existence of terraces outside of the Yunnan-Guizhou plateau is fabricated and only the mountains and hills of the Yunnan-Guizhou plateau are sloped.  However, if we imagine they could exist (i know its a difficult thing to do), terrace technology should only be applied to the most sloped of sloped mountainsides; if they do exist.

Disclaimer for pics:  This is only hypothetical, "Insurgency and Social Disorder in Guizhou" do not support these claims.  Pictures of terrace technology on rolling hills and gentle slopes must be ignored as they are only figments of our imagination and not consistent with the teachings of the holy book.

Ua tsaug. O0

chidorix0x

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 10:55:30 PM »
SVanTha, ( ;D)

All your efforts only further validates your "fallacy", LMAO, ...   O0  Your persistence has flawed if not outright failed you, but keep trying  ...   :D

Let's review and analyze your "rethoric"?  See the striking similarities that you yourself have "quoted" and have laboriously yet effectively proven in regards to the application of "terrace" on a global scale.

"For your information, the Incans in S. America used terraces for agriculture ... " along the Andes mountain range.

"Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia has numerous terraced mountains ... "

"Pictures of terrace technology on rolling hills and gentle slopes ..."

Ua tsaug ...   :)

Oops!  Missed this "quote":

"Terracing is an agricultural technique used on ANY sloped land, mountains being the most sloped."

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:00:30 PM by chidorix0x »

SVanTha

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »
Have you run out of debate points from your book?  You seem to have lost focus and are backtracking.  Let me get us back on track:

me:  There's not much difference between the geographical living conditions of hmong in china, vietnam and laos.

you:  O yes there is!  In china, they were living in a mountainous limestone and karst wasteland!

me:  Not really a wasteland.  Here's population and agricultural production numbers to back it up.

you:  (ignores population and agricultural production numbers) It is so a mountainous limestone and karst wasteland!  My special book says so and if my special book says so, it is so.  Besides, everyone and anyone knows you only create terraces for agriculture in mountainous limestone and karst wastelands.  And I'm right because there are no terraces anywhere else in the world (my personal favorite point of your's btw).

me:   :2funny: you think there are no terraces in SEAsia or the rest of the world!?!?   :2funny:.  (i admit, this always makes me giggle, thank you).

you:  See, see, even though i don't technically believe there are terraces in the rest of the world, there being terraces in the rest of the world incriminates you; especially when these non-existent terraces are on mountainsides because the terraces in Yunnan-Guizhou are also on mountainsides, so i've somehow made a really good point because there are terraces on mountainsides everywhere and I just know somehow that it incriminates you and makes a really good point for me...somehow.

me:  Ummmm, what is your point again?  Terraces are features on sloped land and sloped land is not exclusive to the Yunna-Guizhou plateau; neither is it exclusive to mountainsides.  Here's some pictures.

you:  (ignores pictures or fact that terraces are on hills and gentle slopes as well as mountainsides) No, no, you're already incriminated because there are terraces on mountainsides everywhere and the terraces in Yunnan-Guizhou are also on mountainsides so I've made a really, really good point, whatever it is...  Oh, i'm only hypothetically speaking because remember, i don't believe there are terraces in SEAsia or the rest of the world (always brings a giggle).

-----------

That about summed it up?

So you can't disprove my numbers, your terrace theory was hilariously blown apart and you've been unable to provide credible evidence to back up one single point.

Honestly, i don't care about anything else anymore.  I'm just really, really, really interested in your "no terrace anywhere outside of Yunnan-Guizhou" stance.  I think you're on to something!!!  I think it may revolutionize agriculture as we know it in SEAsia and the rest of the world.  Lets explore this fascinating door together!!!

chidorix0x

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
SVanTha, ( ;D  ...   :2funny:  ...   O0)

Ua tsaug ...   :)

night912

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »
So are the numbers the result of the terraces?

Advertisements