Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone a Fan of Mitch Albom?  (Read 6492 times)

abstractmind

Anyone a Fan of Mitch Albom?
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
I was first introduced to "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" several years ago and since then I've read all his books.
My favorite book is "Tuesday with Morrie", touching and uplifting.

What's yours?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LeLe

Re: Anyone a Fan of Mitch Albom?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
I was first introduced to "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" several years ago and since then I've read all his books.
My favorite book is "Tuesday with Morrie", touching and uplifting.

What's yours?

I LOVE Mitch Albom's books!  I've read almost all of them.  Tuesdays with Morrie is my all time favorite.  I have yet to read The Time Keeper, The First Phone Call from Heaven and Fab Five.  You can't go wrong with any of his books.  His style of writing makes you not want to put the book down.  I finished Tuedays with Morrie in a couple of hours. 

zena

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
I've heard of his books and almost downloaded The Time Keeper a couple of weeks ago because it kept popping up on my library list of popular books.  I didn't because I was on a quest for good sci-fi fantasy stuff.  I've got a couple of books to read (non sci-fi) and then I'll check out some of this author's books.

zena

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »
I finished The Time Keeper.  You can read my comments in my book review thread.  :)

LeLe

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »
You should read the other ones now.  For One More Day will have you balling.

zena

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
I am getting ready to read his other book, Tuesday's With Morrie...I can't wait.  I'm an easy crier...give me a good people connection story (as long as it's fiction) and the tears simply flow...LOL!

As for One More Day, my library does not carry it.  Bummer.

It's too bad that these books are so short and move too quickly.  I'm a s*cker for really good 600+ page stories.

LeLe

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
I am getting ready to read his other book, Tuesday's With Morrie...I can't wait.  I'm an easy crier...give me a good people connection story (as long as it's fiction) and the tears simply flow...LOL!

As for One More Day, my library does not carry it.  Bummer.

It's too bad that these books are so short and move too quickly.  I'm a s*cker for really good 600+ page stories.

You can find the PDF online actually.  I saw it yesterday.  Tuesday's with Morrie is my favorite of Mitch's books.  It was my first book I read and I loved it.  It's one of those books you can't put down....so I read it in one day.

zena

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »
That's good to know, LeLe.  Thanks.  I'll take a look once I'm further down my list of books to read.

zena

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »
I finished Tuesday's With Morrie.  I reviewed it in my review post.

I thought I'd cry but I didn't.  As I mentioned in my review, it was depressing and there were motivational points.  There was a phrase I took from it:

"How can I be envious of where you are when I've been there myself." -referring to age. 

It's true.  Younger people think they are better and know more than older people.  They forget that the older people were their age once.  I liked what Morrie said about how he's been young, he's been in his 30's and 40's, and now he's much older and can always relive those ages.  A younger person can't relieve his/her 60's...'cause they haven't been there and can't know how it is, yet they go about life as if they know so much more.  I can relate to this...being at the older age end nowadays...but I was never a "I know it all" to an older person.  I've always respected them and want to listen to their lives and cry with them (but I try to avoid as much of that as I can now because it wears me down).

I think this book was geared toward people who are always on the run.  Busy with work and making money, and spending money....like the author himself.  I tried to understand that lifestyle but it's just not me.  Everything I've always done since I was young was (and still is) about love and family and people I've grown to love who aren't family.  So, I was a little annoyed by that in the book.

zena

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
Husband just finished The Time Keeper.  Said he really liked it.   O0

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:49:56 AM »
I've read both "Tuesday With Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". I don't really recall anything from either one.

Advertisements