Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong green and Hmong white-please be serious about the topic  (Read 23953 times)

sweetvoice

Hmong green and Hmong white-please be serious about the topic
« on: September 22, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »
If you are Hmong green how do you really feel about Hmong white. Please explain one true situation that you encounter with Hmong white that you dislike or disagree with

If you are Hmong white how do you really feel about Hmong green. Please explain one true situation that you encounter with Hmong white that you dislike or disagree with

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong green and Hmong white-please be serious about the topic
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
If you are Hmong white how do you really feel about Hmong green. Please explain one true situation that you encounter with Hmong white that you dislike or disagree with

*scratch head*  :-\

sweetvoice

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:02:20 PM »

*scratch head*  :-\

sorry i was typing fast...if you are hmong white how do you really feel about hmong green. explain one siutaion you encounter with hmonng green that you dislike or disagree with

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 04:11:56 PM »
If you are Hmong green how do you really feel about Hmong white. Please explain one true situation that you encounter with Hmong white that you dislike or disagree with

This is quite a touchy subject. But I will take a bite. First, I am Hmong Leng/Green. From my experience Hmong White tends to have both more diplomatic and political power than Hmong Green. They are also tend to be more verbal as well. Although both case aren't true.

Despite Hmong Green was the majority at one point. I haven't any negative experience yet with the Hmong White. However, here is my pet peeve: What I don't really like is that I sometimes have to right the current Hmong RPA that, at one point was written for the Hmong White only, just so Hmong White can understand.

Test your might!

sweetvoice

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:14:31 PM »
This is quite a touchy subject. But I will take a bite. First, I am Hmong Leng/Green. From my experience Hmong White tends to have both more diplomatic and political power than Hmong Green. They are also tend to be more verbal as well. Although both case aren't true.

Despite Hmong Green was the majority at one point. I haven't any negative experience yet with the Hmong White. However, here is my pet peeve: What I don't really like is that I sometimes have to right the current Hmong RPA that, at one point was written for the Hmong White only, just so Hmong White can understand.

thanks for shareing...I do agree with you that is topic is touchy subject...

sweetvoice

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:15:45 PM »
heheeh sorry....im having a bad day typing....

sweetvoice

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
dlabtsi_os,

Again, thank for responding because I never knew that white tends to have both more diplomatic and political power than Hmong Green. I'm pretty sure you are not the only feeling this way towards Hmong white.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »

i've never had a problem with the green dialect.  my txiv hluas speaks green and most of the ppl at our church speak green.  i actually am in luv with the green dialect and secretly hope my future life partner will be green.  i have not mastered the green dialect--it's a working progress.

so i've no problem with those who speak hmoob ntsuab nor do i have problems with hmoob lees either.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

sweetvoice

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
i've never had a problem with the green dialect.  my txiv hluas speaks green and most of the ppl at our church speak green.  i actually am in luv with the green dialect and secretly hope my future life partner will be green.  i have not mastered the green dialect--it's a working progress.

so i've no problem with those who speak hmoob ntsuab nor do i have problems with hmoob lees either.

thanks....hope you will find a hmong green partner

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »
thanks....hope you will find a hmong green partner
LOL thanks...it's wishful thinking...but who knows.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

sweetvoice

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »

oh...good luck in trying to master the green dialect. I use to date a hmong green guy for a long time and  I could not say a full sentence in the green dialect. The reason why I had a hard time was because every single time I say a long sentence he would smile and laugh..so I sort of gave up.....

sweetvoice

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
[/quot

I'm Hmong white and I dated a Hmong green guy for over ten years....now when I think about it I've learn so much about Hmong green...It was a great experience for me....

Like this post: +1

yuknowthat

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »
hluas nkauj hmoob lees. lawv hais lus mos(soft) dua  :D, but there are some who are annoying to the point where you want to put a sock in it.. especially cov nyiag plees plees ntshauv >:(

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
There are no actual genetic differences between dawb and lees. In the past, Hmoob dawb lived around other Hmoob dawb (ditto with Hmoob lees) and developed common word usage. That's it. For example, Hmoob lees calls a blanket "choj". In Hmoob dawb, "choj" is bridge. It's not a true dialect difference! We all still know the word "choj" but we just use it in difference context because my great-great-great grandfather used it the same as his neighbor because his neighbor's great-grandparents, whom also lived and died in the surrounding area, also used it as such. The same can be said about little nuances in the ancestor worship, rituals, and culture.

It's like if a person never leaves the east coast of USA and he visits Minnesota for the first time and we call Pepsi/Coke "pop" and he's like "What the hell is 'pop'"? Does that mean he speaks a different dialect? No. He knows what the word "pop" is but Midwesterners simply all started calling it "pop" so it became "pop".

You guys are out of touch with reality if you think that Hmoob dawb are more vocal than Hmoob lees or anything like that. Our cultures and genetics are 99.99999999999 999...% similar. The same goes for the Sapa Hmoob dub in Vietnam. Don't give me that bullshit about how the dress and do rituals slightly different so they are somehow a different Hmong. When you can comprehend 99% of each other's language, you developed regional differences in word usages. You do not represent different dialects.

Missterious

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 06:59:53 AM »
I don't discriminate against greens nor do i prefer greens, but my sisters ex relatives used to nag about why their son married a white hmong. Why the hate?

Advertisements